What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

In Career mode, Launched a probe to Duna, did lots of experiments on the way and past low over Duna and got captured by Ike and landed (the probe has no landing legs so I just touched down gently and left the SAS on to keep it upright lol) took off again and landed on Duna. Had small amout of fuel left so I did a suicide take off and crashed back down ending the mission.

Got 2759 science points yay!!!!

I finished my Duna expedition with Jeb. When I reached the SoI I got a bit concerned that I didn't have nearly enough dV to get off of Duna, but during aerocapture, it set me up perfectly for an encounter with Ike. So instead, I landed on Ike, and science'd the hell out of it. Then, a bunch of experiments and a 45,000m orbit over Duna for the better part of 200 days later, I was back to Kerbin, for a grand science total of 3021 for the entire expedition.

Next; Gilly.

... I landed on Ike, and science'd the hell out of it. ...

Next; Gilly.

You can't help to like Ike. :D I too did an Ike science mission this weekend.

Ever been to Gilly before? Better get confident using your jetpack.

Finally made some progress in career mode (I changed the values of experiments to pay out less). Out of time to play now and just 3 science short of my nuke engines :mad:

Ah well, I have a team on minmus that is ready to return, their gathered samples should be more than enough to get me my nukes, and possibly yet another tree unlock.

Finally started getting the hang of everything! (only acquired the game a few days ago). In Career I got satellites in orbit of Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus, and after 3 or 4 tries got my first base started on the Mun, (Bowie base 1, how original :P) which gave me a chance to try out my custom flag for the first time! Overall having a ton of fun and motoring on with career mode!

iozKyhN.jpg

It might yet be ;)

And today I tried to land a rover on Duna, and hit at 20m/s, so yeah, not successful.

Quick question, I see rovers a lot in screenies and talk, do you guys build them or are they a mod or something? I'd just like to know cause' I'd rather play for a good while without mods until I really feel the need to add em' :P

I tend to use stock parts and only addons that leave my craft and saves shareable, so I build them from the regular stuff in-game :)

You can make rovers from anything though, you just need some wheels...

Awesome, I look forward to expanding my Mun base to include a rover bay!

Halfway through my 2nd career mission. The probe has been deployed on Duna, Jeb has landed on Ike and is preparing to head to Eve. Everything is going to plan, even if the plan is slightly flawed to begin with...

Jeb finally arrived at Duna and dropped the science probe while he continued on his way to Ike.

As the probe passed by his window while it started its descent into the atmosphere Jeb asked me:

"Farns, while building this probe did you notice that you can't decouple or repack the chutes?"

"Uh ... yeah, sure. Why?" I wondered.

Jeb frowned. "Then why did you give it an engine and enough fuel to return home when the probe can't take off again?" he replied sarcastically.

"You could've built a second probe instead to drop on Eve and still save weight. We're passing by there anyway, and I would've saved enough fuel in my ship to land on the Mün before heading home. The Mün, Farns! I've never been there and I call myself a Kerbalnaut! And I haven't even mentioned all the science we're missing out on now. Think of the science, Farns!" he continued, slightly annoyed.

"Errr ... oops, look Jeb, this is only a minor setback. We're getting plenty of science as it is and you've still got more than enough fuel left to complete the mission. If we use gravity assists on the way back home you might still get your Münlanding after all." I assured Jeb.

"But you don't know how gravity assists work!" he shouted.

"How hard could it be? It's not like it's rocket science or anything, right?"

Luckily Ike was approaching and we needed to focus our attention on landing in one piece. After setting foot on Ike, Jeb seemed to cheer up immensely.

Any crash you can walk away from. Is a good one:

C1E033634684F351F2523517C3D1606EE5F1A425

Did not even need to use parachutes to land. True it would have been better at the KSC runway or one of the other ones. But, at least I figured out how. Lost basic Jet and LV-T30 and a winglit. Rest stayed with the craft mostly.

I put my final Munar lander into orbit, the 5 mission program will finish up with this. Then a single mission to Minmus, and then I should have enough science to get my ass to Mars.....I mean Duna.

I'm going to do a Mars One series of missions and put 3-4 enviro pods + a science station on the surface before sending Kerbals.

It's been a bit, so I decided to jump back in and do something I'd never done before

So I went to Eve

6YO0JOX.png

...then decided to try some flying around...

wSygss4.png

...figured now was as good a time as any for my first manned Mun mission...

7lWgUQq.png

...then flew around some more.

aHvHXA9.png

That last picture is after four hours of successful airborne science, followed by a LANDING! <3 these new aerodynamics and computer controls!

Bob went on a 5.5 year scientific journey to Jool (he left some time ago but the window, and new ship were just recently finished). He did his science stuff in Jool orbit, and then did some quick math and realized he had enough fuel in this new fandangled ship left over to go to laythe, tylo, pol, vall, and bop as well for a few orbital surveys.

Then he returned home only to find out he didn't quite have enough fuel to land. So for the past half hour or so (real time) he has been stuck on 4x time warp minimized dipping every closer into the atmosphere of kerbin. I am estimating 4 more orbits before he finally slows down enough to keep him in atmo.

I am just hoping the struts hold and his chutes don't rip the science jr off the pod. Sure the experiments inside will be dwarfed by all the crew reports in science earned but just the same would hate to lose all my readings of jool as well as the mystery goo.