What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Recovered some Kerbals from Minmus. Have cold will spread.... Had fun lowing my Pe to around 25 km before entering Kerbins atmosthere. All the parts before the final stage went boom after staging. Sent a craft to be a station around Minmus for contract. Forgot antenna. But, I do have another craft coming up that has one. So no worries on my part.6DEAEF55A7048DE39E8C88C2B9E8BF430E4E69C0

Today is a great day for me (and i hope for you) as i lauched a tin of manned missions!

1. First of 4 landings on minmus using "Gauss" technology!

My old rocket for visiting minmus - Zero-1

Q0vUYML.png

It delivered "Connect" manned capsule to intercept and dock with "Gauss" lander

Then ''Gauss" landed on minmus,returned to orbit,docked and safely returned to kerbin (don't want to post a ton of pictures)HjOfK2O.pngArILVUq.png

Then ''Gauss" landed on minmus,returned to orbit,docked and safely returned to kerbin (don't want to post a ton of pictures)

2.Launch and test of 'Karambola 2'. It is a heavy cargo plane with front load.

zYJToaZ.png

3.Test of 'Ramp age" technology which provides opportunity of launching planes that cannot liftoff without help.

KrtCXT4.png

4. Finish of constructing "Scorpi' rover

rzFdjLS.png

5/6

Remember the competition of "Power" and "Fluorine" rockets?

I have continued these tests. But now with 2 brand new rockets!

"Radiotope" and ''Oni"

KoHOpeK.png1X7P3YH.png

Both carried different payloads-

Mk-1EASP (engine and solar panels modification) and "Hornet"

FFYbgE4.pngQ41VrKE.png

Edited by cratercracker

13 hours ago, duesenmilan said:

Woah, would really like to have a closer look at some of these. Especially the Drake, which is my favourite fighter jet of all times.

Would you mind uploading them, or at least the Draken, somewhere?

Yeah this is actually good idea but i need to learn how to embed imgurl albums here.

20 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Yeah this is actually good idea but i need to learn how to embed imgurl albums here.

You do not need to learn how to embed imgur albums. Squad will need to learn how to make embedding them possible again first.
Embedding of imgur albums has been broken a LONG time.

Edited by Tex_NL

After a bit of a dry spell (work and stuff), I was able to play a while on Saturday.

(Science game)

With R&D clamoring for more data that they can use to research (currently secret) upgrades, the decision was made to send additional missions to Mun and Minmus, to mine data from different areas of their surfaces.  Maltrey was up for the Mun mission, flying a Munar Lander Mod. 1 (which has proven over multiple missions to be a reliable craft for single-Kerbal missions to the moons).  He again chose Farside Crater as his landing site -- possibly in part due to personal reasons (that was the location of his failed attempt at the first landing on Mun, cancelled by the incompatibility of the landing legs than availble with any sort of descent stage engine), but also, in fairness, because no one had gathered data from there.  This time, with better legs and more collective experience (plus RCS upgrades to the lander, not yet available for his first attempt), the landing was pretty routine; the site was less sloped than on his previous attempt, and the lander remained upright and intact.

In a move that will likely cause minor confusion for a long time, the flag he planted carried the same location name, "Maltrey Base" as the one left at his first-ever Minmus landing site, though it should be sufficient to specify "Maltrey Base on Mun" or "Maltrey Base on Minmus" if there's ever an ambiguity.  It was his intention to make a short hop and collect still more data from another area of the Mun, but as he was preparing to do so, he found the descent stage was nearly out of fuel, so he accepted his fate and launched to Munar orbit, then burned for Kerbin.

Munar%20Lander%20Mod%202%20pad%20shot_zp

The exterior of Maltrey's capsule had barely cooled on recovery before Sigemy, freshly back from administrative leave (over his cowboy attempt at a first Munar flyby in a ship without the delta-V to get all the way home, necessitating a crash research program and rescue mission), climbed into the slightly upgraded Munar Lander Mod. 2 unit (further upgraded with fuel cells and external lights) for a trip to Minimus.  The ship performed as it had done since its last upgrade, which is to say flawlessly, and Sigemy, while a little loose on following orders, is nothing if not a good pilot.  He was able to finish his Minimus capture, circularize, and lower his apses all with the transfer stage of the launcher, thus to begin the descent to the surface with full lander tanks.  Compensating for the rapid rotation of the pudding moon, he landed first in the Great Flats, about a third of the way around the tiny moon from Maltrey Base (Minmus), and did so efficiently enough to have nearly two thirds fuel remaining.

Minmus%20landing%20approach_zpsllal8wid.

He was excited enough that he forgot to take the goo observation while landed, but he made up for it by hopping to a location near the south pole, then making a successful, if precarious third landing back near the equator.  The third time, he landed with completely empty tanks in the descent stage, badly depleting his RCS fuel to finish the job and then upright the lander (the third landing site was at the very edge of the slope tolerance of the Mod. 2 lander).  Still, he was able to collect the data and launch back into Minmus orbit, then at the proper time burn for Kerbin.

Sigemys%20third%20landing_zpscqhlsqqt.pn

Unfortunately, the high reentry velocity for a Minmus return is still not a fully solved problem; during reentry, Sigemy's capsule lost all four of its RCS quads (no propellant left for them anyway), and all four goo canisters.  Fortunately, the surface samples and reports were safe inside the capsule, and even without a single goo canister to return, the data haul was of unprecedented magnitude.  Sigemy's reputation as a cowboy is fully entrenched -- but the Kerbal Space Program doesn't really mind cowboys, as long as they deliver the goods.

Finally one of the things that bugged the hell out of was the FASA Apollo CSM being well a bit dull in colour , due to the 1,001 KSP Program Updates ( Not complaining though as its so much faster now ) but anyhow after reading a lot of stuff on here an looking at various mods .

Step forward Windowshine and the great article writtien in there about how to add refelctions to any part ( well I hope so ) , took a few attempts but......

Edited by Puggonaut 2

9 minutes ago, Kertech said:

a working 6.4 scale orion!

That is incredibly impressive. I struggled getting one to work for 3.2x scale (which I tried after 4x scale proved to be too much). What solid rocket motor are you using for the first stage? Stock-balanced solid rockets are awful and probably far too underpowered for an Ares I at 6.4x scale, and even the modular one from M.O.L.E that I used was difficult to get working right.

28 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

That is incredibly impressive. I struggled getting one to work for 3.2x scale (which I tried after 4x scale proved to be too much). What solid rocket motor are you using for the first stage? Stock-balanced solid rockets are awful and probably far too underpowered for an Ares I at 6.4x scale, and even the modular one from M.O.L.E that I used was difficult to get working right.

Yeah it was driving me up the wall, I stole some configs from the RSS lot, which proved to be too much so reduced them. I'm gonna try and find another way soon, but for now I wanted a proof of concept that looked right!

Launched parts of my manned mission to mars survey ship "Rhea"  10 trips, after 8 the ship part count started to be a bit high for my computer, 480 parts. got very hard to dock the ninth module.

3.2m Funds and i may start over to reduce the part count.  Try to make it in 5 pieces, and eliminated some duplication of RCS, batteries, control and other things.

p3yspGo.png

http://imgur.com/a/AcNaT

Just now, Puggonaut said:

Finally one of the things that bugged the hell out of was the FASA Apollo CSM being well a bit dull in colour , due to the 1,001 KSP Program ...

Would you mind sharing how ? (Could be nice to add to FASA . I love FASA. FASA FASA:confused:)

-----

Today? Today was a busy day! , ehm . May i present to you my Working 1.2.2 RSS RO install!

Don't be hyped so much . took a day to grab everything since everything is "Pre-release" or just patched here and there. MM duct taping and all

Spoiler

G3pcGtw.png

RJILewz.png

As the sun sets,i will post a new report about trials and trying in conquering space in KSP.

1.End of testing my greateset amphibious rover- "Priority"

Ready for any kind of surface, any planet , any condition

1D7yrHV.png

2.Flight of the "Risk" shuttle. Very dangerous thing i can say.

1LVhUn7.png

3.Return from the munar base "Hydrogen" 

BkpI7Rx.png   VAyreRi.png

"Scorpi'' rover near the ''Clarity'' return capsule!

4. The coolest and the most interesting news is that i landed and returned from Moho.

Introducing you MOHO-1!

XUGpFKS.png

It orbited and landed on the Moho!

b8mSFZm.png

It was really very bright on surface!

IXkxfat.png

1 hour ago, Alpha_Mike_741 said:

Would you mind sharing how ? (Could be nice to add to FASA . I love FASA. FASA FASA:confused:)

-----

Today? Today was a busy day! , ehm . May i present to you my Working 1.2.2 RSS RO install!

Don't be hyped so much . took a day to grab everything since everything is "Pre-release" or just patched here and there. MM duct taping and all

Reveal hidden contents

G3pcGtw.png

RJILewz.png

look in the TR Windowshine post on heren in the mods section , explains it quicker than i can

Since my last freight SSTO was so badly flown and landed, I thought about a new design. At first the re-entry was cruel, but then I installed Airbrakes on the tail - boy, that is a difference.

Here are some pictures. I must admit that I do not like the wing arrangement so much. But it flies, arrives in the orbit with almost 3000 m/s dV left, and landing is also good. I can live with that. I just do not know how big the payload is.:D

short before Orbit

yYKQftN.jpg

2948 m/s dV left

VhOIWHx.jpg

during reentry - at the tail you can see the Airbrakes.

I911i5a.jpg

I flew a little over the target and had to turn around.

sGDnGVq.jpg

The landing has worked on the first attempt.

GgAbibl.jpg

16 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:

(casual disappearance)

Built the Gladiator:

Gladiator.png

This monster of an SSTO was built to take on Catullus! But it turns out Catullus is very very big, so it will probably go to Tarsiss instead.

Catullus - Really? You must show this, it will be interesting.. A spaceplane I have not dared - but could work, since the gravitation is not as strong as with Eve. Or did you just make a little joke?:P

I've built something like that, it's just half way there.

VpVsBX6.jpg

For Tarsiss I have however an SSTO built, if you are interested - I write about it a mission report.

A Journey to Gauss

Greetings

(Science game)

Today, Jeb managed to sneak into a command pod.  Ground Control didn't notice it was him (Sherny was up in rotation) until he was already in orbit, and by then it was too late to keep him from going to the Mun.  His Munar Lander Mod. 2 handled the task superbly, and you can always trust Jeb to get the job done (except when he doesn't).  This time, he landed in East Crater, on none-too-level ground, but was able to get the lander to stabilize by landing with one leg pointing down the slope (the lander can take several degrees more slope that way than if two legs are down).  Once he was sure nothing was going to fall, he gingerly left the command pod to plant his flag and take surface samples and reports, then expertly flew his maneuvering unit to return to the hatch (the lander stages of Munar Lander family vessels don't have ladders; they aren't capable of going anywhere the pilot needs one).

Of course, even Jeb can't land this vessel on Mun with enough fuel remaining to hop to another region on the surface, so once the surface chores were done (including goo, barometer, and thermometer observations), he turned on SAS, slapped the staging switch, and throttled up the ascent/return stage.  His return to Munar orbit was uneventful, aside from a little bobble where he started to tip the wrong direction.  Once around the Mun, and then it was time to burn for home.

Burning%20for%20Home_zpstn4mce0k.png

Either Minmus return is just that bit more punishing, or Jeb did a better job hitting his reentry corridor; all the experiments stayed attached to the outside of his command pod, all the way to the ground -- where he dutifully popped out of the capsule to perform ground experiments in Kerbin's Highlands.

While Jeb was landing on the Mun, an unnamed source with access to the Design Committee let a little something slip -- hinting that an upcoming ship would have an unprecedented 5+ km/s delta-V from LKO.  Instantly after that, he seemed to realized he'd spoken out of turn, and clammed up, but press pundits had a field day speculating about what such a ship could do -- in a nutshell, they concluded that that was enough dV to reach and return from nearly any body in the system.

Still strapped for cash after a loss of investor confidence, mission control has turned its attention towards lucrative tourism contracts, with a firm focus on ensuring that everything that goes up also comes down - onto the runway for 100% recovery value!

KTOClIJ.jpg

Seating eight passengers, Wyvern II strikes gold with two tourists who want to check out the old Alekeg refinery in low orbit, one who wants to orbit Iota, and three who want to do a flyby of Ceti. Scooping some fuel from the aged tanker provides more than enough range to tour the two moons - and the two one-star crew members both gain a level as a bonus. Admittedly we're not sure if the Alekeg visitors were quite prepared for a 36 day trip, but that's the breaks. Not like space tourism is an exact science or anything...

Realising that there isn't a lot of fuel left in Alekeg, mission control gives the order to send up a replacement. This time, it is decided, only the sleekest, most modern, most graceful of designs will be accepted. If future tourist missions are going to refuel here, it needs to look the part and inspire confidence in every visitor!

8lt9NFo.jpg

With the magnificent Piggu deployed at 100x100km, Alekeg is finally decommissioned for good, plunging down into the depths of the ocean where its designers hope nobody will ever find it again.

(Minor downside to the one-size-fits-all docking adapter on Piggu; it only connects at upwards of 2.5m/s, thus requiring the fuel depot to basically ram the target and hope for the best. This is a little hair raising for the target of the refuelling...)

Edited by eddiew

1 minute ago, astroheiko said:

Catullus - Really? You must show this, it will be interesting.. A spaceplane I have not dared - but could work, since the gravitation is not as strong as with Eve. Or did you just make a little joke?:P

Partial joke. It was originally designed for Catullus, but then I realized it was not even remotely up to the task.