What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Yury Rasputin my newest scientist is getting his orbital training.  Designing a new one person orbiter using my new HydroLox engine.

6zN26UC.png

dk3PeOJ.pngMvsT8EB.png

The Engine only has one ignition? ah crusty crab cakes. Very sloppy1314x167km orbit. should have noticed it throttles well.

DUNMYoE.png

Yury used some dark magic to survive the fiery explosion that happened during the overly steep re-entry. (reverting to launch and rolling it back in)

YZo4gsZ.png

Edited by Bornholio

29 minutes ago, Bornholio said:

Yury Rasputin my newest scientist is getting his orbital training.  Designing a new one person orbiter using my new HydroLox engine.

The Engine only has one ignition? ah crusty crab cakes. Very sloppy1314x167km orbit. should have noticed it throttles well.

Yury used some dark magic to survive the fiery explosion that happened during the overly steep re-entry. (reverting to launch and rolling it back in)

What mod are the tanks in the last two images from? Thanks.

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Do you want to summon a Kraken? Because I'm pretty sure that's how you summon a Kraken. 

Now do it... do it in space... :ph34r:

Summon the Kraken is the best way to test how far we can stretch a mod, space ? The Kerbin ocean is my goal for now. :cool:

6 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Where on Kerbin is this rock?!? You must tell me!

Not Kerbin , Gael:wink: looked realy crazy like Gods digit and like @Galileo mentioned it is Not there anymore or i did not found it again. But at first i though it is a Easteregg. Realy cool glitsch:D

Funny Kabooms

Urses

Edited by Urses
Read the Tread before answer...

5999.5 science. That's how much I got from my biome hopping mun m mission.

jUsioPT.png

I used this lander, named the Cortez. After I finished the mission, I had gotten somewhat attached to it. So rather than leaving it to orbit the mun forever, I docked it to my mun space station where it will probably stay forever.

bYtIhBS.png

Continued to tinker with my Vector powered NCC-1701 Enterprise. I redid the cover of the saucer section to try and clean up the clipping a little. I'm pretty happy with how it is going.

Afterwards, Trauki, who happens to be my favorite pilot - she has a nice smile and rarely breaks stuff - made a quick run to the KSS to retrieve Jeb and Bill. I had forgot where I left them. Flawless flight. On the way home all were inspired by the beauty of this game. My laptop potato may run slooooow but I can always warp and the views are gorgeous.   

QYfa7ts.jpg

Today (in-game, year 1 day 379) was a day for an Iota eclipse. Unfortunately no one would ever notice. Iota is Minmus-sized and twice as far as Mun after all so its shadow didn't even register on Gael's face.

The next month or two in-game ("month" being a very ambiguous term in KSP sadly) was full of joy and adventure. There was another 2-kerman launch to Iota to reap ripe science, moreover with 3 science crates aboard to ensure a plentiful harvest. Only 2 biome hops were done with the intention to save dV to rendezvous with Prudence station afterwards, otherwise (and the smarter choice, in retrospect) 3 maybe 4 with a direct return to KSC may have been quite possible. Another freak turn of events somehow placed Haidrien (pilot) in one of the seats at the lab, holding back the research process so later on a crew transfer mission was arranged to exchange her for a scientist. During that transfer the whole crew (2 lady pilots, 2 lady scientists) spent 20 days in low orbit to catch up and keep spirits high.

Later on the Gratian probe made its plane change to seal its encounter and 2 new SCANsats were launched to Gael and Iota, now with DMagic parts and resource scanners. Mining and base-building equipment are still far away in the tech tree but an OPT engine and most of Omicron has appeared. The age of spaceplanes and flying cars has begun. What will Deep Sky's engineers come up with...?

6TSVDTm.jpg

* In a Midlands trench between some Highlands and the high-up Skids.

zYqtYIv.jpg

My Yury Rasputin training ship update.

2TeKXHG.png

3800dV in Boosters, recoverable.  3600dV Main stage, recoverable, max of 3.9G at booster separation. I'll move the decouplers inside the attachment wings next iteration.

5dFS3BF.png5o4ySct.png

Orbital stage, 5500dV with 4 ignititions. Only needs a couple thousand to circularize a 350km orbit. Leaves plenty for intercept.  4 Ant motors with 500dV for redevouz and if nothing left on the spike de-orbit.

cVLjCTL.png1C1y8aN.png

Yury spent 15days in orbit earning the funds from a new(tm) world record.  Then he realized on re-entry that the new tank partition wasn't re-entry rated... Made it but the drive section did not.

IucdVaT.pngRxg3cPJ.png

Edited by Bornholio
notes, cleanup

I designed and did some testing of a new light fighter jet.

2017-04-06%2019-06-44.png

I put it together in less than 10 minutes and it is outperforming other fighter jets that I spent days tweaking. Not sure if this is great  or if it means my other fighter planes are just bad. :o

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Today I brought the interplanetary cruiser SS Torg Mathar back to Kerbin from retrograde Duna orbit....

aiDW9RN.png

Nope, I wasn't going for extra drag to target a better LZ - fuel tanks practically dry and the centre of migrated up to a silly place....

ryPBtRB.pngBut the fuel tanks weren't *completely* dry - bit of a gentle spurt on the nuclear engines to take the edge off the landing speed....

3qIkRQ3.pngShe came down with a bit of a bump (landing capability was a half baked afterthought when I designed this ship!) but managed to stay upright, holding aloft Steylin Kerman's capsule recovered from a very silly orbit of Duna. This ship's journey took it from LKO to the Mun to fulfill a contract there and drop off an ISRU. It then made its way over to Ike (via an accidentally retrograde orbit of Duna) where it fulfilled another mission. It then picked up passengers including a couple of rescued Kerbals and made its way back into the aforementioned silly retrograde orbit of Duna to rescue Steylin Kerman. The motley crew have all returned to KSC where they are enjoying snacks and games of snooker.

Also for your enjoyment from an earlier day: using an asteroid as a heat shield while aerobraking over Eve - I call this shot "The Flaming Potato"75tt27N.png?1

3 hours ago, roboslacker said:

5999.5 science. That's how much I got from my biome hopping mun m mission.

jUsioPT.png

I used this lander, named the Cortez. After I finished the mission, I had gotten somewhat attached to it. So rather than leaving it to orbit the mun forever, I docked it to my mun space station where it will probably stay forever.

bYtIhBS.png

Ho many biomes on Mun did you find? I found over 10 and then several more  when I enabled the cheat. It has more biomes than Kerbin and probably other planets.

13 hours ago, Bornholio said:

"VensRevampTiles"(Grey Tiles) & "Copernicus"(Gold Foil)  textures on procedural shielded tanks

Sorry to bug you, Procedural Parts gives a compatibility error when running KSP 1.2.2 but seems to work. It's somewhat buggy though: it takes some extra clicking to get the capacities to update after you resize a part. Is this happening to you too or there is a fix for this? Does it even matter? It seems that they work OK once the capacity is set. Thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Sorry to bug you, Procedural Parts gives a compatibility error when running KSP 1.2.2 but seems to work. It's somewhat buggy though: it takes some extra clicking to get the capacities to update after you resize a part. Is this happening to you too or there is a fix for this? Does it even matter? It seems that they work OK once the capacity is set. Thanks a lot!

I'm just running PP v1.2.8 through CKAN with PP-ven's Revamp Style Textures v1.1.  I do get the update error from AVC but haven't noticed any problems.  It is somewhat modified by RO/RP-0 (using the 1.2.2 dev version).  But that should only be changing what sizes and shapes are available.  Real fuels might be the reason I see no problems since I have to pick each fuel when adding the engines.  They also default to 86% full and I have to worry about if they need to be pressurized for certain engines. Given all of that I have not seen any issues.  I'm also using them in my Galileo Planet Pack career but they are small at the tech I have. I'll run that this evening and take a look for any issues.

" Ho many biomes on Mun did you find? I found over 10 and then several more  when I enabled the cheat. It has more biomes than Kerbin and probably other planets. "

SCANSat  for the win.  After you do full scans use the [o] View Biomes cheat.

adding links:

https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/releases/tag/v1.2.8

Edited by Bornholio
add quote, comment, add links

5 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

I'm doing some futuristic-looking stuff.

c4eea512683759f8dbdedca32c5d7537.png

Mods are truly where it's at y'all.  Only limit is your RAM.  I keep my mods kind of small as a result.

Somehow this looks so wrong...^_^

Reminds me of a craft I made once...

Spoiler

M92vhQ5.png

Edited by Triop

Just now, Draconiator said:

I'm doing some futuristic-looking stuff.

Mods are truly where it's at y'all.  Only limit is your RAM.  I keep my mods kind of small as a result.

Try out B9 Aero.Procedural wings or Procedural Wing. both allow for some very nice looking wing geometries. And Retractable lifting surfaces and and and...

cWG1eI3.png

5 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Ho many biomes on Mun did you find? I found over 10 and then several more  when I enabled the cheat. It has more biomes than Kerbin and probably other planets.

I landed in 10 biomes, which is all of the ones I hadn't already done a landing on. I used a biome map from the wiki to navigate.