What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

My manned Ike lander mission entered low Ike orbit (30km x 31km). I took the science data and started the deorbit burn.

2WJxQZf.jpg

It was my first manned Ike landing in this career save.

qUb7Mpo.jpg

Everything went better than expected :cool:. Nevertheless I noticed that I should add some floodlights to the lander.

After the touchdown Bob explored the surface and planted the first flag.

2yl7bAb.jpg

Did a stock STS for the weekly Challenge:

692DEF128A948AC3D4F394A8BC661881DEE4A7F9

Strange, but I'd realized I'd never attempted a shuttle...went straight from rockets to SSTOs and never looked back. Was nice to get into orbit with a full tank of gas!

If I wasn't going for guaranteed KSC touchdown on the return (as it is, I didn't aerobrake soon enough and had to land at the contingency site on the Island), I could swap the RAPIERs for NRVs and stretch her legs a bit.

Mk II version is going to try to have a lift stage that I can glide in, and payload instead of passengers.

-Jn-

Today another mission has arrived. The Planet Nero from the GPP receives a visit from Gael. An SSTO for Hadrian, a lander with Rover and 2 Relay satellites are included.

OMDjoB4.jpg

First, the two relays are suspended. They are said to have a high elliptical polar orbit around Nero, one each north and one south.

oPSyaAT.jpg

The mothership then sets out for Hadrian.

lWpbt2t.jpg

The crew climbs the SSTO and decouples from the mother ship.

zbtKkSG.jpg

The descent is on schedule.

lv4SNNa.jpg

After the landing, scientific investigations are started immediately. If all biomes have been visited, the team may return to the mothership.

FwyfZEn.jpg

By the way, the SSTO has ISRU.

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

Actually worked on my career save. Honestly, its a bit too grindy for me, so I usually just play sandbox.

vBv1Tcd.png

Survey Mission I have to do (again, since I crashed)

Qt9aQpD.png

Reentry of a tourist pod

2JS4bcs.png

Contractual space station

hhAezVx.png

Mun Rendezvous mission, transfer. Packed wayyy too much delta v, still was using my orbit/transfer stage, not even the one on the probe ^_^

I finally made it to Laythe. I suppose it is not the greatest accomplishment in the world, but I failed my first two times. The thing I had to share was the view i got when I finally landed. I am not even sure the rover will even work. I can't seem to decouple the  top half - but the view was worth the effort.

33963552200_bcfd9c75b2_o.jpg

So.....I've put my Jool 5 landers and command pod with return capabilities weighing 42 tonnes total into LKO.

Tested a new design/way of playing, Ion engine setup with xenon gas and by alt 12ing to Jool orbit. 

Let's just say after testing I've too much fuel left over.....time to reduce the fuel I'm taking......NEVER thought I'd say that playing this crazy game :)

So not much exciting stuff, dropped a probe onto minmus (first of the save)

ybyHTfI.jpg

Found a trace of karborundum though (torch drive coming up...)

Did the Saturn-Ib Apollo CSM test mission for doing it apollo style

U2AUMAv.jpg8bhONrM.jpg

Discovered what the plume looks like for 27 vectors at once

y47Rh3q.jpgMaiden voyage of the Wyvern 3 (few changes will be made for the next launch, including atmospheric engines after dropping in the drink)

JFrtsb4.jpgLkhDuol.jpg

Bigger things coming up, first off, 25 probes to the local planet group (Arkas, Eve, Harvest, Mios and Dres) mun landings when the boosters are bigger and a continuation of the shuttle program!

I started planning to probe Uranus. and other planets

6Slm7wP.png

Spent a while looking for the next years or so's outgoing minimum dV from a 1200km ecliptic sat (space Junk)

Two Scansats using Hydrolox upper stages and Aerozine Transit busses to mercury and mars launched a day apart and both in interplanetary soi needed correction burns a day apart also. (Hectic!)

NN6A8ZB.png7xQwLIE.png

Then Jupiter mission, had three in build que, good because...

74wpwCd.pnge6XR1CF.png

Somehow the shroud ejection destroyed the N1 Engine block,   The Upper stage aborted to orbit and may be used as a backup for inner planets.

5TH6to2.pngQQJtrG7.png

de-shrouding on sep works better

FPWmVeW.png

w6LIzjL.png

Edited by Bornholio

I tested another variant of a shuttle. Didn't get into orbit, launcher needs more delta-v (I should actually try putting nukes on a shuttle....)

Spoiler, cause I take many pics

Spoiler

PDYEPp4.png

doj7sIi.png

Love the reentry particle effect mod!

3UlB8Ll.png

Drogue deploying

39SbTFY.png

Touchdown! I actually did well this time, only two parts broken! A design oversight meant that the airbrakes, which are the split kind, deployed into the ground.

fCw3FrW.png

Landed.

I was bored. :P

24e61b11f4dc3127da4a07965f8668b7.png

It can actually go fast enough to break its "guns!" Next stop, AT-TE! Though I'm 99.99% sure I could re-purpose the AT-AT head into a PERFECT AT-ST Main Body with minimal modifications! Just don't know how I'll balance it...

Screw it. I'll just put it on a chassis!

474ac307e6cfbabdff46f565b2580167.png

Edited by Spacetraindriver