What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 minutes ago, Delay said:

That's not what I meant. I'm already talking about mirror symmetry mode, but it isn't acting along the axis I want it to. Is it possible to change the mirror axis?

Sounds as if you want to mirror in a plane other than the "waterline" -- is that right?  I don't know of a way to do that.  Mirror symmetry assumes you're applying wings etc. to a spaceplane type build, and want them mirrored right and left.  There's no other plane you'd want to mirror from in spaceplane construction.  Wouldn't make sense to have upper and lower fins applied with a dihedral angle.

3 minutes ago, Delay said:

That's not what I meant. I'm already talking about mirror symmetry mode, but it isn't acting along the axis I want it to. Is it possible to change the mirror axis?

oh, like that.

You can pick the entire vessel at the root part (or Shift + LMB) then rotate it to change the symmetry axis. So if you want the symmetry top/down instead of left/right you roll the craft 45 degrees so top/down becomes left/right, then attach whatever you want and then rotate the whole craft back into it's original position.

Continuing where I left off last night, I attached a power module to my base and also delivered a packrat rover so Bill and Jeb can drive around in circles. Once I finish designing it, I'll launch a mining module so I can increase LS capabilities and begin the adventure known as EPL and Hangers :).

https://imgur.com/vPRe1wq

Edited by nascarlaser1
fixed link

Finally did a manned landing on the Mun in my currently heavily modded career game. Now I'm getting all the SEP experiments set up & settling my Kerbals in for the 2 months or so they are gonna have to stay there for everything to finish. Luckily I brought tons of life support supplies. :D

10 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Yes, this ^

Go to https://www.gmx.com/ and create yourself a free email account, and use it to register Imgur with. If you don't like GMX, there's plenty of other free email hosts out there to pick from... Gmail, etc.

A while back Imgur blocked my email host, because people were using it to create accounts to access Imgur and then do massive image dumps. Not a bright idea, ruins it for everyone. So, yea, I'm currently using GMX until they unblock my main.

Edit:
Update - A look around the web is kind of telling me that ibb.co is a blocked and blacklisted domain out of Panama, because of its owners allowing malware and ransomware to be distributed through it.

Ok. What about this, LordFerret: 

eMoARW8.png

Edited by FeofileGrotter

TL, DR: I've gotten behind on my log entries of late, again. The first third of this month has been busy. Sure hasn't seemed that way...

After returning the ferry ship Necessary Evil to the Kerbinport space station on Halloween, I took a situation report at each of my bases and space stations and made the decision to ferry all KSC staffmembers from Kerbinport back down to the surface, which I did late in the day using an Auk VII 16-passenger spaceplane; the plane itself ferried newly frocked engineers Dezor and Halzer Kerman up to the station for good measure, and I also offloaded enough extra fuel from the plane to refill the station's auxiliary fuel storage tank. I also got the capsule commanders of each of the four ships in my ferry fleet switched back to their correct places. A Bill Clinton 7b probe was launched to pick up scientist Stapond Kerman's craft from the orbit of Minmus; that mission concluded successfully on November 4th. I also launched a Boop-Boop probe on a contract into high polar Kerbin orbit, but I forgot to take the crucial step of aligning the space center with the longitude of the required orbit first, so rather than being an easy contract, that mission wasn't finished up until November 5th.

Gwo8PMF.png
Auk III prior to the refueling flight on November 2nd. Sure have seen many an early morning sky in southeastern Kansas that kinda looked like this...

On November 2nd, I did a full-on refueling mission to Kerbinport, flying up an Auk III tanker plane to the station to finish fueling the station's main fuel reserve tank and monoprop storage. The plane returned successfully to KSC 09 but came in too hot and ran off the end of the runway. Luckily I was able to get it stopped before it drove itself into the water...

p3DmaQe.png
Next time I'll hit the brakes a little sooner.

A fuel run took place at the Deepwater Horizon refinery on Minmus, and then tourists Jendas and Urtrey Kerman went on a quick up-and-down LKO jaunt for money using an Auk I 2-passenger spaceplane. I also did a quick Munar surface science contract and a 4-waypoint ground survey for pressure readings near KSC. Two fast ore contracts took place last Friday netting me nearly √1M an a new probe was sent to Minmus for contract. I also did two more ground surveys for pressure readings near KSC for the cash, tested a small heat shield and retrieved pilot Danrick Kerman from the orbit of Minmus using the Spamcan 7 rescue craft/lander docked at the Minmusport space station.

Last weekend, I put a pair of probes in equatorial orbits, one over Kerbin and one over Minmus. After a quick ore contract that netted me √500k, I put the Kerbincomm Hotel communications relay satellite into its final orbital disposition over Kerbin, finally rounding out the comms network in Kerbin's SOI. Next up will be establishment of the comms relay over Kerbol in preparation for the Duna mission. I picked up another LKO rescue mission over Kerbin; Stapond picked up scientist Cordan Kerman aboard an Auk Ia rescue plane, which then delivered the two scientists to Kerbinport before returning to KSC 09 on automatic. Stapond, Cordan, Dezor and Halzer boarded Necessary Evil with pilot Nenly Kerman at the helm and departed for Minmus to go pick up Danrick. I picked up yet another damn LKO rescue mission right after the ship departed, so on Sunday I rescued scientist Catny Kerman and after collecting some garbage around Kerbin and doing a quick crew report at Minmusport for bux, I got a VIP contract for Minmus orbit.

qqWQrl3.png
End of the garbage collection mission. I think I've just about grokked how best to use the Trajectories mod for capsule returns at Kerbin these days...

Catny and VIP Gleval Kerman were loaded aboard a Gusmobile 7 rocket (a Gemini capsule replica) and shot towards Minmus, which proved to be a very interesting choice since the Gusmobile design did not include a probe core with SAS. With nothing else going on, I warped ahead until both Necessary Evil and Gusmobile docked at Minmusport, maneuvers that were completed successfully.

On Monday, the six untrained KSC staffmembers - Stapond, Cordan, Dezor, Halzer, Catny and Danrick - all went down to the surface of Minmus to plant flags while Gleval transferred over to Necessary Evil, Gusmobile remaining unused and docked to Minmusport. They each landed at Deepwater Horizon and refinery engineer Theony Kerman refueled the landers as they went, which ultimately had the effect of not requiring additional fuel runs after Necessary Evil's departure for Mun later on that same day. After 13 in-game days, the group arrived at Mun and docked successfully at the Munport space station. A pod-and-Kerbal rescue mission on the Munar surface was on the group's agenda and after it was ascertained that the docked Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout 7 garbage hauling lander docked at Munport did not contain a KAS screwdriver, the Spamcan 7b lander at the station was sent down to the Piper Alpha refinery on the surface with Stapond, Corda, Catny and Danrick aboard. After the crew had planted flags, Catny picked up an extra screwdriver and spare jetpack fuel canister from the refinery's inventory. Refinery engineer Leedorf Kerman refueled the craft and then it returned to Munport.

Tuesday began with Catny handing over her purloined equipment to Dezor and Halzer aboard the SCSS 7, which then departed the station and landed 150 meters from Didrin's Pod, a Mk 1 Cockpit. Halzer and Didrin carried the pod the 150 meters over to SCSS and after all three kerbals had planted flags on the Munar surface, the pod was attached to SCSS and the return to Munport was affected.

bjvk0XG.png
Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout 7 on final docking approach to Munport, with Didrin's Pod (below, pointing right) visibly attached.

Dezor detatched the pod from the lander after docking and the tools were stowed aboard the SCSS's internal storage container. A Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe was dispatched to retrieve the pod; meanwhile the crews re-boarded Necessary Evil and burned for Kerbin. An Auk II 8-passenger plane was also sent up to Kerbinport in anticipation of Necessary Evil's return to the station, which happened on Wednesday; all eight of the passengers from Necessary Evil returned safely to KSC 09, clearing four contracts in the process. The BC probe also returned Didrin's pod to Kerbin intact on Wednesday, though the probe's engine stage disintegrated at re-entry. A new junk-and-kerbal mission over Mun came up, so another BC probe was launched that way, and two tourists went for another up-and-down jaunt. I also did a fuel run for Munport.

Yesterday, I finally completed the diagnostic process to upgrade my KSP build to version 1.3.1, and made the switchover after verifying all mods were operational. I completed a second fuel run over Mun, the BC probe picked up engineer Megkin Kerman and her pod from Mun and returned her safely to Kerbin, and an Auk I flight retrieved engineer Leaemy Kerman from orbit successfully, though I initially had a lot of trouble getting her to maneuver into the plane's hatchway. With these two Kerbal staffmembers and two tourist flights in the pipe, it looks like I'll be doing another dual-moon run here in the very near future.

I've got eleven contracts tied into the upcoming Duna mission, and at the moment I'm about six million short of being able to afford an Alcubierre Drive in my career save, so I'm going to be doing the mission the old-fashioned way - with a small fleet. Still haven't finished all the planning yet and the launch window is in 22 days...

6 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

How’s TWR looking with the stock aerospike? Loaded mass? Delta-V?

Depends upon configuration. With a full fuel load in the reference design, I get 3826 m/sec dV with a TWR of about 2. With the Pathfinder Bootstrap configuration, the dV available for landing depends upon what you bring along. Assuming that you have a small Pathfinder base and its associated resources and KIS items, you leave the base and resources behind, and you decouple the EDL Frame before flight, you can get about 550 m/sec dV for landing and 1890 m/sec dV for the launch back to low Duna orbit.

Duna landing and orbit test, configured for SSTO, but this is a two-stage test. Deorbit motor jettison:

RGzG8lt.png

Coasting down:

yC5NnZI.png

Setting off the shaped charges in the heat shield end cap:

wAvJ5SX.png

Chutes deployed:

HgyBSq0.png

Landing burn:

pU9mdYh.png

Touchdown!

FSB2gFb.png

Launch:

MRCCoar.png

Back in orbit:

HESkYgD.png

6 hours ago, Agustin said:

Flight to south POle..  runway on a lake.... Landed and misssion completed... :)

Huh? Where is this?

52 minutes ago, FeofileGrotter said:

Ok. What about this, LordFerret:

As the saying goes: 'Now you're cooking with gas!'

Glad you got set up. :cool:

20 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

A Bill Clinton 7b probe ...

Um... Let me guess... It's cigar shaped?

41 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Um... Let me guess... It's cigar shaped?

Not really; that third screenie in my post is a BC probe (the one landing at KSC).

The engine stage is, I guess...

I mean, I could've named it the Donald Trump 7, but I really just didn't feel like going there...... :confused::confused::confused:

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

As the saying goes: 'Now you're cooking with gas!'

Glad you got set up. :cool:

Thank you very much. So, on the first picture there is a lander,  and on the second picture there is all MCM Base now. List of modules (sorted by date):

Holy lander; TACLifeSupport Module(rover type); little KIS box with building materials; Salamander lander (landed 2 days after 4-member crew suffocated to death without electricity) with 2 Kerbals and MORE building materials; holy KPBS habitat; KPBS MaterialKit storage; KPBS Ground Workshop; KPBS Launchpad; bigger launchpad; Kolollo lander with 3-member crew; Mobile MetalOre Minertm(not visible here). :rep:

5Ca4Bn4.png

Edited by FeofileGrotter

I finished the exterior work on the Estonian's part list, and conducted an SSTO test:

J7ZHmMo.png

mzs4soq.png

0Axntpf.png

The Estonian is pretty versatile. Here you can see one of DSEV's Duna tanks stuck between a cargo drone and the EDL tank and frame:

wgJedom.png

It's using a Poodle for an engine. And of course the Estonian itself can be used as a crew taxi:

ZKjWqpH.png

JZbVYOq.png

Yesterday I decided to try and make a little bit more money and get in a little bit more training before the Duna expedition launched, the window for which is coming up in a mere twenty days at this point. Pilot Didrin Kerman, engineers Megkin and Leaemy Kerman and tourists Herdon and Antrey Kerman boarded an Auk II spaceplane at KSC and flew to the Kerbinport space station, where they boarded the ferry ship Laggin' Dragon with Lazor Kerman at the helm. The ship departed and burned for Mün, arriving 4.5 hours later and docking at the Munport space station. The two engineers took a lander down to the surface for flag planting duty (pilot Didrin having done so before her prior rescue from the Münar surface), and then returned to the space station. After Laggin' Dragon was refueled, the ship departed in preparation for a burn to Minmus. Meanwhile, Munport had sufficient fuel reserves to not require an immediate refuel mission (so I ain't gonna do it). Only other thing that happened yesterday was an excursion on the surface of Minmus. Engineer Theony Kerman, the sole kerbal assigned to the Deepwater Horizon refinery station on the surface, took the refinery's rover La Perla Negra out to 4 waypoints in the foothills of the Great Flats six kilometers southwest of the refinery for EVA readings, returning to the refinery safely.

Also fiddled around with the Alcubierre Drive mod, trying to learn all the changes made to it in a recent update. I think I like them, other than needing to redesign some ships to account for the changes.

Efforts to make a utility program for the Decal Stickers mod are also proceeding slowly. Yesterday the .cfg file I modified did reflect the changes I'd made - and it did cycle through to the name of the flag I wanted, but the image itself didn't change. Trying to figure out why...

Would love to play the game right now, but I think today is going to involve some serious amounts of laundry folding.......

Edited by capi3101