Xeldrak

What did you do in KSP today?

Recommended Posts

My tourists came back from Moho.

QEDQhFQ.jpg

(That's a re-entry pod that they transferred into at Minmus.)

Other than that I've mostly been conducting training missions to get a new crew ready for a trip to Jool. Lots of Mun landings and flag-plantings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carmenara said:

Atmospheric lithobraking probe over the north pole

Sw6V1hS.jpg

Are we to assume that the lithobreaking was a *ahem* secondary landing option after the loss of a primary chute?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to get something into a Lagrange 1 point in Kerbin SOI... Did the math, launced the probe, tried to finetune the orbit. Fail... Double checked the math, further finetuning, fail... Gave up, looked up on Google, found a video on Youtube, under the first minute mark: "You can't set a Lagrange point in KSP..." :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NotJebediah said:

"You can't set a Lagrange point in KSP..."

Principia can do that. It adds n-body physics which are required for L-points to work

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delay said:

Principia can do that. It adds n-body physics which are required for L-points to work

.

Yeah, the guy mentioned in the video...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

1240 parts.

95320 units of solid fuel.

4 launches of a massive lifter.

1 more launch of a small lifter not necessary but preferred (who cares, I'm not going to launch it).

The first climax of an idea I first had four months ago.

2056 tons.

Wobbly. Kraken inducing. Hopefully it will subside with some autostrut juggling.

vyTJmkD.png

SRB grand tour is ready for departure.

First stop: Eve.

 

 

EDIT: First stop, CKAN to install KAC. Second stop, Eve.

Also, any ideas about what I should name this thing? For the life of me I can't come up with a good enough name...

 

Name suggestions:

-The Ender

-The Krakonia

-The Imperieuse

-Jeb's Wife

-The Rock Breaker

-The Fire Master

-Jebediah's Grasp

-The Hilt of Might (I originally planned to use this for a Space Engineers ship but decided against it since an update broke it :c )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After refining my Relay Sats and building a Contellation Sat (three small Relays stacked on top of a bigger one.  The smaller relays are deposited in orbit, and are able to pick up signals from the surface of the orbiting planet and relay it to the big relay, which then relays it to Earth), I set about preparing for landing on some additional planets.  I've been doing individually-modified designs for each potential body.  Currently I have a Constellation and a Rover (with an updated skycrane) on the way to Mercury (assuming they don't crash and burn >.>), as well as a Constellation and Rover being prepped for Venus.  I may, however, change up the vacuum engines to avoid the hour-long burns I had to endure.  Since I'm not playing a full RO-install, I can still land at hostile planets like Venus and Mercury and score some of that sweet, sweet science :)

I've also been getting more comfortable using KerbNet (can't believe I've overlooked this feature for so long!), marking biomes and potential anomalies for the rovers down below.

I've definitely been enjoying RSS so far.  Never before would I have needed to make a vessel with 24km/s of dv off the launchpad, but in RSS it's almost never enough!

Edited by Slam_Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to save some cash with semi reusable delivery craft. Keeps being waste of credits so its not so different from space shuttle ;p

Dd88XnW.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally learnt my lesson and moved my KSP folder out of Steam's reach. Haven't played since before 1.3.1 and some of my mods were making it CTD on launch, which was fun. I know it wasn't the author's fault, but geez, taken me an hour to start the game up :P 

Back in game, reminding myself where everything's at; apparently the team had just touched down on the Martian midlands. Somehow the rover had broken it's wheels and went skidding away down the hill the moment it was detached and Doohan Kerman had to run after it. Improbably, it came to rest with its broken wheels upwards and accessible, so moments later Doohan and Nimoy are ready to begin the trek to... wherever the heck they were going to go.

ztqoJUR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made  couple of new station parts for DSEV.

New Omni Hub:

dVhx2jW.png

3CfhqJd.png

2SxzC2k.png

With new Structural Spacer (which also has a reaction wheel):

afFPCky.png

Edited by Angel-125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Made  couple of new station parts for DSEV.

New Omni Hub:

dVhx2jW.png

3CfhqJd.png

2SxzC2k.png

With new Structural Spacer (which also has a reaction wheel):

afFPCky.png

So cool!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Hmmm.  Everyone else's images from imgur embed correctly.  Mine show as links.  :(

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6

 

You're linking the page, not the image :)  Paste something that ends in .jpg or .png and it'll embed correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eddiew said:

You're linking the page, not the image :)  Paste something that ends in .jpg or .png and it'll embed correctly.

That was the link imgur auto-copies for me.  Let me try adding .jpg at the end.

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6.jpg

Nope, no embed. 

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6

This is what auto-converted to an embedded image up until a week or so ago.

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

After refining my Relay Sats and building a Contellation Sat (three small Relays stacked on top of a bigger one.  The smaller relays are deposited in orbit, and are able to pick up signals from the surface of the orbiting planet and relay it to the big relay, which then relays it to Earth), I set about preparing for landing on some additional planets.  I've been doing individually-modified designs for each potential body.  Currently I have a Constellation and a Rover (with an updated skycrane) on the way to Mercury (assuming they don't crash and burn >.>), as well as a Constellation and Rover being prepped for Venus.  I may, however, change up the vacuum engines to avoid the hour-long burns I had to endure.  Since I'm not playing a full RO-install, I can still land at hostile planets like Venus and Mercury and score some of that sweet, sweet science :)

I've also been getting more comfortable using KerbNet (can't believe I've overlooked this feature for so long!), marking biomes and potential anomalies for the rovers down below.

I've definitely been enjoying RSS so far.  Never before would I have needed to make a vessel with 24km/s of dv off the launchpad, but in RSS it's almost never enough!

Now with pictures!

Launching the Future Mercury Constellation Sat Network

XT7SFeQ.png

qe41qRi.png

epSAdUw.png

seA6Bw0.png

matKmfB.png

3HSiNuO.png

 

And, the newly re-designed SkyCrane, which now includes lander legs for safer deployment.

GmpCEVG.png

Edited by Slam_Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddiew said:

You're linking the page, not the image :)  Paste something that ends in .jpg or .png and it'll embed correctly.

I'm still trying to figure out the new way of doing Imgur albums and YouTube videos my own self...any pointers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did way, way too much... :confused:

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I made a couple of ARP icons. The set of 21 icons is nearly complete, and it's exclusively for @Angel-125 and the Wild Blue Industries mods. Here are a few of them. I was hoping certain others would show but I guess they don't appear in sandbox.

Vb2MkMH.jpg

In order: Lead, ExoticMinerals, Fertilizer, RareMetals, Water, FusionPellets, ResearchKits. Blue texts are my icons.

I got some inspiration to finish this after seeing the ARP in a screenshot by @Aelfhe1m in the thread of one of the Wild Blue mods.

RDCrwxS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

I'm still trying to figure out the new way of doing Imgur albums and YouTube videos my own self...any pointers?

There's a little black square with an "i" in it in the post editor right next to the spoiler button (the eye). Click it and it'll ask for the album code. That's the 6 or 7 characters at the end of an imgur url.

As for embedding individual images, right click the image and click "open image in new tab" (make sure not to click "open link in new tab", that won't work) and then copypaste the url of the new tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

As for embedding individual images, right click the image and click "open image in new tab" (make sure not to click "open link in new tab", that won't work) and then copypaste the url of the new tab.

Also @Zeiss Ikon you can right click the image & “copy image url” from the upload page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eddiew said:

Hmmm.  Everyone else's images from imgur embed correctly.  Mine show as links.  :(

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6

I embed a picture by clicking on it and then copying the content of the "BBCode" text box & then paste that into the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

That was the link imgur auto-copies for me.  Let me try adding .jpg at the end.

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6.jpg

Nope, no embed. 

Parsing happens at paste time, so editing the link once pasted does nothing. Useful guide below. 

Spoiler

YsbZoNk.jpg

 

7 hours ago, capi3101 said:

I'm still trying to figure out the new way of doing Imgur albums and YouTube videos my own self...any pointers?

Sorry dude, don't know about albums. I enjoy doing a bit of comic framing with mine, so I link them all as individual images ^^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

That was the link imgur auto-copies for me.  Let me try adding .jpg at the end.

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6.jpg

Nope, no embed. 

https://imgur.com/VGxxem6

This is what auto-converted to an embedded image up until a week or so ago.

Next to the copy bar you can see an arrow down. "Get share links" is what you're looking for. It'll bring up the old links. I usually use the BB code

7OWOaWh.png

Edited by NotJebediah
Deleting BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was about time i made some progress

EnRJHN4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.