What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Finally successfully flew a Cargo-Je to Old KSC, to a waiting Albatross2 with 4 scientists aboard in need of rovers. I still have to work a little on securing the rovers better; I think I have them battened down too tightly, as when I undock them the whole assembly springs up like a grasshopper. I lost one rover in the process. Another had four flat tires, but hey, Kerbals know how to fix flats... especially if they want to ride around in a rover bad enough. So the scientists are cruising around doing science things that scientists do. The only really useful work being done however, was the sending of one of them some 10km out to plant a new marker flag atop a mountain that lines up with the runway. That should make my life easier... er... I mean, make their little lives easier.

Picture(s) will follow. It's late and I'm tired.

8 hours ago, Tw1 said:

The Lorax may speak for the trees, but sometimes, the trees need something... stronger.

https://i.imgur.com/e1thBMR.png

And for that there's Stealth Rover.

https://i.imgur.com/zLewpKG.png

https://i.imgur.com/PwThAky.png

Pew Pew pew! *(Missile sounds)*  *(Explosion sounds!)*

https://i.imgur.com/40QDdl8.png

https://i.imgur.com/plzz6EU.png

"Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill shall come against him."

Last night I launched my small sandbox warpship,  the GN Phoenix, and visited OPM to test the Kopernicus Asteroid config I wrote for it. Evidently the config didn't seem to run. Maybe I need a new test save. But I got amazing screenshots. OPM-VO is installed (so better gas planet textures), but currently the clouds and auroras are locked to SVE which doesn't mix with GPP.

I didn't visit Neidon, Thatmo or Plock. There was no need to.

OcbSybd.jpg

5fKqawn.jpg

Landed at Wal. Good thing the ship has ladders. Jet packs don't work here.

FeDScnb.jpg

I had Bobbert Gaelan step out and sample the coastline and "black" ocean... For shiggles since this is, well, sandbox.

cjKyPoA.jpg FVigll9.jpg NYvXLur.jpg

Reuse space junk for fun and profit.

Whenever I get a rescue contract, I habitually check for anything loitering nearby, sometimes they're in easy access of a station. This time I noticed a doozie.

the-refresher.jpg

Well hello there, abandoned refueling station.

I'd set it Debris because it had nowhere near enough left to refuel a mun lander.  It was in easy intercept distance.

So, two intercepts, one EVA, and one docking later, Rescue Bro III (docking clamp, command pod, airplane can, heatshield, fuel tank, LV909) is detouring to orbit the mun, where another rescue awaits.

Edited by Corona688

13 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I’ve been trying to figure out GIMP but adding text is a bit... tedious.

It's really not all that bad. You just select the text tool, drag and draw a text box, make your settings (font, size, etc), type in the text. You can move the box around with the move tool. You can also do strange stuff (rotate, invert, change perspective, etc) by applying any of the other tools to the box. Remember that the text is a separate layer, so when you're done and ready to set it in stone, you merge the layer down. Done.

Gimp has some great tutorials if you seek them out.

@Tw1
Remind me NOT to go camping in your forest.

1 hour ago, SwissSpace93 said:

I landed on Moho and now the crew is waiting for the Returnship, because they used more fuel as planned.

ZP8OgHA.png

iG8XfLb.png

Now i build a rescue Rocket

The Transferstage of the Mapsat Rocket (i used it as a Relay) collided with the Ship then the air leaked out, after 1 hour there was no more Air and the Crew is now Missing In Action. All Kerbals are proud of the Moho-2 Crew for the first Kerbaled Landing on Moho ;.;

Debated spinning up a new career with Gaileo's Planet Pack. I've been enjoying my stock-scale RSS thus far, but looking at Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune... there's a lot of very similar icy moons out there, and I'm not sure how bothered I am about visiting each of them individually.

Other than the planets, same mod collection, just with the rule that there shall be no probe landers on vacuum bodies outside the homeworld's SoI. This will preserve some of the mystery and avoid the situation I have now whereby one tiny argon-fuelled rover has basically been everywhere and done anything before any of my kermen got to it. Rather spoiled it for myself :(  Might drop science returns a little further, think I've got them at 40%, but 25 might be better with the plethora of bodies and biomes in GPP.

Any suggestions for extra planets that work well with GPP? There's always room for one more... :wink: 

11 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Any suggestions for extra planets that work well with GPP? There's always room for one more... :wink: 

I'd sure love to list some, but there's a surge of planet packs that insist on replacing Kerbin (and likely the whole solar system) just like GPP. :( The only name I can call is OPM which is now under Galileo's and my control, and will fit around Grannus.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'd sure love to list some, but there's a surge of planet packs that insist on replacing Kerbin (and likely the whole solar system) just like GPP. :( The only name I can call is OPM which is now under Galileo's and my control, and will fit around Grannus.

Ooo, explain more please :D 

18 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

on a completely unrelated note, @eddiew, what editor do you use to put your stuff together, specifically the text? I’ve been trying to figure out GIMP but adding text is a bit... tedious. :mad:

Photoshop CS5... it's old, but works. Picked it up several years ago on a 33% discount, and I use(d) it for many other things at the time so totes made sense. I also have Manga Studio, but stupidly I simply can't figure out how to change the colour of existing text so... ironically it's not as good for wording comic pages :/ 

Maybe look at Paint.net for a free alternative? It's fairly good, and probably does all the basics like layers and text. I've tried Gimp, and it made me realise why I paid so much for Photoshop back when!

19 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Photoshop CS5... it's old, but works. Picked it up several years ago on a 33% discount, and I use(d) it for many other things at the time so totes made sense. I also have Manga Studio, but stupidly I simply can't figure out how to change the colour of existing text so... ironically it's not as good for wording comic pages :/ 

Maybe look at Paint.net for a free alternative? It's fairly good, and probably does all the basics like layers and text. I've tried Gimp, and it made me realise why I paid so much for Photoshop back when!

Ah, the real deal. No wonder they look so great. <facepalm> I think I'll give paint.net a try, ( @LordFerret) I can make it work in GIMP, but it's... fiddly. And I hate fiddly things. :mad:

Is there really that much difference between PhotoShop & GIMP?

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Is there really that much difference between PhotoShop & GIMP?

I paid £400 for my Photoshop at the time. If I was still reliant on it for real work (not just KSP comics), then I would gladly pay again to not have to use Gimp. The time saved in stuff just working in a way you can understand and research is totally worth it if there's any income involved.

(Manga Studio is awesome for freehand drawing, but I find it really un-intuitive to do things like... well, modify existing text, for example. It is however 10% the price of PS, and very competent in most areas. As a paid option, it should be high on the list of things to try.)

So, today I was jumping around Kerbin grabbing screenshots of every Kerbin-Side base.  The end goal is to jump around Kerbin in KSS with Kerbin-Side installed and tweak them all into as close to their original configuration as possible.

Then I saw this...  Seems like a good thing I'm not planning on doing anything else with this particular Kerbin.  Looks like it's about to be blown up by the Death Star.

HVOErgU.png

And yes, I know that's the Mun.  Not a space station.  :)

1 hour ago, Adstriduum said:

I was messing around with the Kopernicus mod at Kerbin, than this happened: (this is why you be careful with PQS)

QuwVokj.png

Great mother of Kerm, he’s discovered the rare phenomenon of planetary mitosis!

seriously, was that even playable or just a great big krakenfest? Heck, that’s probably the krakens’ homeworld!

I’ve heard of Keystone Earth Kerbin, but that’s just ridiculous!