What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

28 minutes ago, Urus28 said:

I'm working on a spaceship to visit Duna with 3 kerbonauts, what you see is not the final design, I have still some work to do on it.

This spaceship is equipped with a lander which will let a Duna surface a working probe. Before leaving Duna the landing ship will be transformed in a small relay station.

y4mJ2lzGXJgzMEtdWUhyuQCCFGvAhAXMU37EQBju

It looks amazing! But... Only 4 nuclear engines? Meh. :lol:

7 minutes ago, FeofileGrotter said:

It looks amazing! But... Only 4 nuclear engines? Meh. :lol:

Well, it can works with only one :sticktongue: The choice for four engines is a combination of style, maximum mass (I want to keep the ship below 100t at launch ) and TWR.

I made tests to see how much engines are required to have a TWR of 1 and the result was something close to 30 engines, clearly not the style I want for the ship.

4 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Hmmmm, that's much more elegant than what I do for my comm-net. Early on I just sort of randomly launch sats for contracts. Later on I deorbit them all to avoid clutter, and launch a network of 3 or 4 RA-100s to the limits of kerbin SOI. In that case the orbital period is so long, that the time to do 1 orbit in LKO is insignificant, so I just lanuch 3 or 4 sats to LKO, then eyeball 90 or 120 degrees (if 3 or 4), and do burns to the same Ap nearthe SOI edge. Then Minmus/Mun (in the system I play now, its just Mun where minmus was, and minmus is moved to be in an orbit similar to that of Dres' orbit) are all interior to the relay network, and I have connections on the far side of Mun/Minmus with just a comm-16 

@Triop

This is where I put my relays as well *high five*. The easiest way Ive found is to put an ant and an oscar b on the satellites themselves, launch them together, and bring my apoapsis up to the edge of Kerbin SOI (or wherever your target altitude is.) Once there I detatch and circularize the first satellite, check its orbital period, go back and bring the launcher with the other 2 satellites periapsis up to a point where its orbital period is 2/3 that of the first satellite. Then each time they come back to Ap I circularize them. This works pretty much anywhere. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Doing some urban exploring of old soviet buildings.....

BKtKVV7.png

Sb2qhU5.png

I've never visited Baikerbanur before, I'm not the anomaly-hunter type of player, but today I sort of stumbled upon it while flying jets...

The mountains north of there look pretty, I might take a look there.... Maybe with a rover....

Hmm.... To the drawing board then.... :)

Michal.don

Today i installed the deadly reentry mod, and tried to get back to Kerbin. The stock heat shield has only 15 Ablator left when i landed.

And i learned that a periapsis at 55km is very bad with deadly reentry, it used 70% of the ablator before coming down to the thick air.

i used for the sucessful reentry a periapsis of 25km from LKO (286km), what are your periapsis ( when using the Deadly Reentry Mod)?

51 minutes ago, Triop said:

Didn't know about this, thanks.

Looks cool.

1920px-Leduc_022_Le_Bourget_FRA_002.JPG

I wonder what that plastic thing on the ground is for ?

Moving on, flying a sub . . .

Z9LIwvq.png

:ph34r:

The plastic part is the canopy of the plane, the pilot was lying down in the cockpit.

6 minutes ago, Urus28 said:

The plastic part is the canopy of the plane, the pilot was lying down in the cockpit.

Interesting, was looking on youtube for this but can only find:

Learning every day ^_^

Doing some proper testing of my Pelican now. 2500 parts and 1660 tons, I just hope it gets off the ground.

Ehu5pLZ.jpg

It also looks strangely futuristic with its shiny new turboprops. combined they produce about 9 mega Newtons of thrust.

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

24 minutes ago, Triop said:

Interesting, was looking on youtube for this but can only find:

Learning every day ^_^

It's not really surprising, the statoreactor technology was good in the 50's but did not give birth to useful planes.

The griffon was a prototype using the same technology but with a good aerodynamics, but it as been stopped due to the ON OFF behaviour of the statoreactor. Basically it's good for missiles (France is using a statoreactor technology one some nuclear warhead missile) but not for planes, unless you want to go hypersonic.

10 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Doing some proper testing of my Pelican now. 2500 parts and 1660 tons, I just hope it gets off the ground.

Ehu5pLZ.jpg

It also looks strangely futuristic with its shiny new turboprops. combined they produce about 9 mega Newtons of thrust.

giphy.gif

Goodluck !

5 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Still grinning here. :D 

I keep seeing this go off in super-slomo to the tune of “Pomp and Circumstance.” :cool:

giphy.gif

We have all been there . . .

Another contract being completed. Eventho' some of the passenger contracts are a bit boring, they are great for improving your plane and working on your landing finesse.

Xl51YeZ.png