What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Getting back to my usual routine, after a rather long break, due to a fatigued GPU that would lose it's VRMs under thermal load. With this resolved,

A rescue ship arrived from Duna, just in time to receive a new flight crew, get fueled up and join the rest of the flights to Dres.

zZTcTgy.jpg

A bit later and after a bunch of correction burns on other ongoing flights, this happened:

gA2rphR.jpg

The 8-wheeler rover was already on site, along with a small hab. The mobile surface miner and the outpost are the new additions.

The hab's crew must've thought the agency has gone crazy, sending more Kerbonauts on a one-way trip. I'm sure they were more than relieved. when the newcomers broke the news to them: Their ride is in orbit and is getting ready to come down and get them out.

ddPtTzK.jpg

Other flights are also in high orbit around Eve, having made a pit stop before heading to Moho. They'll get fueled up and sent on their way.

This has been a good day so far :)

Edited by Atkara

Well guys, believe it or not......but I AM BACK :cool:

So after a KSP break of around 6 months, I woke up this morning and decided to play the game again. I put my RP-0 save aside and started a new career mode using the Outer Planets Mod and a few parts packs.

I wanted this to be difficult, so i am playing with 50% science, 50% reputation and 60% funds.

Starting with all the basic stuff, you guys know this:

Ozzzt8b.jpg

Going a little higher:

KeMizRn.jpg

This is going to be the first orbit ;)

QdZ86lK.jpgZ05EMG3.jpg

Yay :kiss:

Oh and i can tell you, it was a pain to collect enough money (remember, only 60% funds rewards) for the basic facility upgrades.....

Edited by Julien Kerman

BBoh54b.jpg?1

Since my first little Kerbalist space station worked out so well, I sent up a bigger one to experiment with longer stays in orbit.

6XZeeQH.jpg?1

Turns out keeping 3 kermen alive and sane for a year is quite a bit harder than 2 for 100 days. First the station didn't have enough nitrogen to inflate the gravity ring, then it turned out not to have enough batteries to get through the night (requiring all the resupply ships to be fitted with huge battery banks), then it ran low on oxygen, nitrogen, food, and monoprop, each time requiring a new supply ship, and finally the reaction wheels failed on the reentry vehicle and it had to make do with four little thrusters that were only supposed to be there for fine-tuning the trajectory. It ended up taking 6 resupply ships to keep the station running for a full year, but in the end the crew came back alive, well, and 92% sane.

And 33% radioactive. Clearly I still have R&D to do.

1 hour ago, Hotaru said:

Since my first little Kerbalist space station worked out so well, I sent up a bigger one to experiment with longer stays in orbit.

Turns out keeping 3 kermen alive and sane for a year is quite a bit harder than 2 for 100 days. First the station didn't have enough nitrogen to inflate the gravity ring, then it turned out not to have enough batteries to get through the night (requiring all the resupply ships to be fitted with huge battery banks), then it ran low on oxygen, nitrogen, food, and monoprop, each time requiring a new supply ship, and finally the reaction wheels failed on the reentry vehicle and it had to make do with four little thrusters that were only supposed to be there for fine-tuning the trajectory. It ended up taking 6 resupply ships to keep the station running for a full year, but in the end the crew came back alive, well, and 92% sane.

And 33% radioactive. Clearly I still have R&D to do.

What mods did you use to make the station? Looks good!

7 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Apparently shockheating effects make fairings transparent.

PkPDHwg.jpg

I don't why, but they do.

Is that in 1.4.4? Weird, I thought they fixed the ‘transparent parts during reentry’ bug in that release.

1orDzgY.jpg

I finally bit the bullet and sent up the second module of my space station. Rather than clog up this thread with my exploits, I’ll post them on my mission report thread. If you want to read that, the link’s in my signature :)

Got fed up of rolling over and added some wheelies to a rover made of parts pulled out of the trash bin next door. It worked. I managed to fullfill some surface contracts on rough terrain without loosing significant parts! :)

Tps1jEEv89BzEsHjNM9MPOn9sOjK42hQOFYbL3-u

Edited by Lisias
I know you know. Typos.

12 minutes ago, Triop said:

No more Minecraft.

But really, both KSP and Minecraft are fun and appeal to similar mindsets. It's ok to enjoy them equally :)  (Especially if you get into the tech mod packs and run pipes for a quarter mile from the local volcano to your base. One block at a time.)

1 minute ago, eddiew said:

But really, both KSP and Minecraft are fun and appeal to similar mindsets. It's ok to enjoy them equally :)  (Especially if you get into the tech mod packs and run pipes for a quarter mile from the local volcano to your base. One block at a time.)

I do like playing Minecraft with my daughter on a server.

Playing alone is kinda boring to me.

But I do enjoy the game.

Wish we had a good working multiplayer for KSP.

Just been doing routine career stuff.  Unlocked survey scanners, so I can start building a fuel base on Minmus.   And my first few probes have departed for Duna. 

Mostly though, I've been really enjoying having Eve installed & seeing clouds in the sky.  Makes such a difference seeing clouds rather than plain views of the planet:

CH2TdgQ.png?2

50 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

Just been doing routine career stuff.  Unlocked survey scanners, so I can start building a fuel base on Minmus.   And my first few probes have departed for Duna. 

Mostly though, I've been really enjoying having Eve installed & seeing clouds in the sky.  Makes such a difference seeing clouds rather than plain views of the planet:

CH2TdgQ.png?2

Out of likes, so I'm just gonna quotte you.

Nice surveyor, It's next on the list in my career mode.

I have the parts, but I need the time to do it, so many jobs . . . :lol:

I did a couple of things today:

First I sent the first module of this games first space station, the Kerbolata station.

6wsVc8P.png

7ChWavA.jpg

Then I went to duna for the first time and got a lot of juicy science.

K99mFsM.jpg

The lander had a bit less dv than needed so poor bob had to use his jetpack to get back to the mothership.

Then I docked the duna ship to the new station and used its lab to get more science than i know what to do with.

I also made a "Spud" Spaceplane to work as a ferry to the station. It needs a bit of tweaking as it has ~80 dv when in orbit making reandevuos difficult.

3zmo6XY.jpg

Also i need to get some people down from there as every kerbal except one engineer is in that station at the moment.:rolleyes: Luckely the spaceplace has capacity for 6...