What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Drove around Kerbin in my Basic Jet powered Rover using the Aircraft landing gears as wheels. Found out that there is a splash down (a.k.a. land on water) for Grassland, Desert, Highlands, and Badlands just for some extra science points (water samples included). Still not sure if it is a bug or not. But, hay. I'm doing it for science anyways. =^.^=

Sylon... It's a strange stage config for an asparagus 2 rings.

It's not asparagus. Sylon00 seems to have given himself the project of seeing how many inappropriate places he can land my newbie moon rocket. :) I'm curious, Sylon00, are you even trying to get those guys from Duna home again?

It's not asparagus. Sylon00 seems to have given himself the project of seeing how many inappropriate places he can land my newbie moon rocket. :) I'm curious, Sylon00, are you even trying to get those guys from Duna home again?

Nope, it was a one way trip to both Duna and Eve. The ship on Duna only had 400 Delta V left, not even enough to get into orbit. The Eve mission fell apart, literally. This was all practice, I was on my underpowered MacBook Pro, I usually play on my much more powerful PC. This ship I've been using was never meant to go outside the Kerban system, but dammit I was determined, lol. And also lazy. Actually, I'm not good at making ships, so I've been just working with what I got.

It's coming together now.. Just need a science lab and some random unfinished ships attached all over it. My next one (when I unlock more of the tech tree) isn't going to have humongous engines still attached to it when it's done as I've found ways around that.

KSP2013-12-3122-36-12-90.jpg~original

My first Laythe landing attempt. The autopilot failed in the final moments and we slammed into Laythe at 25 m/s. Let the rescue commence!

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/Zz3EW/embed"></iframe>

RjFBYHA.png

Halcyon Point is now complete and awaiting crew and kethane operations! Also, I'm currently collecting images and creating first drafts for my own line of AARs. Probably won't be as interesting as Brotoro or Czo's, but hopefully will capture peoples' interest. Here are the mission ribbons I have so far!

image.php?ribbon=18524

I had a general idea for what I wanted it to look like. I began by designing the modular tank units, and built everything else around it from there. The buttressing in the corners was kind of done on a whim, because I thought it would look cool. It's a total fluke that they came out as perfectly as they did! The Kethane unit was the biggest challenge, as I had to figure out how to get it to dock (optimally) with all five ports. Unfortunately it was impossible for me to line up the two offline ports perfectly, so I had to settle for the other three. I did a lot of designing on the fly in the VAB.

Launched two rockets this morning; one carrying a lander, the other a simple science station with fuel. Got them both docked in Minmus orbit, in preparation to hit as many biomes as possible for science. I realize now they're both likely way over-engineered; there's somewhere on the order of 2000-3000 m/s of Delta-V across the both of them. (I wanted to be sure I had plenty of fuel, thinking in terms of the Mun.) Which just means I'll be able to bring them back to Kerbin when the mission is done. :D

screenshot81.png

My first Laythe landing attempt. The autopilot failed in the final moments and we slammed into Laythe at 25 m/s. Let the rescue commence!

I've done the crash on Laythe before, too. Mine was the fault of missing the land and hitting the sea instead.

I put a micro satellite into orbit using a micro-jet

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/HQnKp/embed"></iframe>

Kerbalkind will say thank to you for what you did for them, and for what ****SAT-1 will bring into their homes (or space stations as well)! :D:D:D

This thread is awesome. You guys do amazing things.

This afternoon resupplied my orbiting Minmus lab with a new lander, fresh crew and more fuel.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/wDJoR/embed"></iframe>

I haven't actually "done" anything yet today, but I just found out that I had a slight misconception of what Asparagus staging was and my rocket wasn't quite asparagus. All outside engines ran fuel to the next stage closer to the center, not to each other. So I suppose I could squeeze a little more efficiency out of my design if I can deal with the spinning.

I found out that my landers didn't have quite enough fuel for a polar landing on Minmus, so I pinched a nuclear engine from my orbiting station to get one there and back.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/FYZeD/embed"></iframe>