What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Put a new heavy launcher into service...
zj0YdXN.jpg

It can lift 500 tons into Kerbin orbit and is fully recoverable.
flv8bPw.jpg

With the help of this new lifter, more gear was launched to be installed at the mining base on Eeeloo. Fleet assembling in LKO...
QuMAfma.jpg

Then the tugs pulled the mining and transport equipment to Eeloo / Sarnus.
IQe98ax.jpg

Karborundum and Uraninite mining installation descending on the base...
QdOK19e.jpg

A general Karbonite / Ore mining rig with all kinds of converters was also deployed...
DW3b3t5.jpg

Removing the travel gear with controled explosions...
fSFt1si.jpg

The mining base was now ready and started digging Karborundum...
YXmvMXV.jpg

Then the Karborundum Freighter landed next to the base, still propelled by regular engines...
wUtNvtZ.jpg

Once it touched down on the ground, the standard engines and tanks were blown off...
V6PN5ZU.jpg

It then was completly loaded up with the new powerful fuel resource...
cs0lyAB.jpg

First Karborundum driven ship taking off and heading straight to Kerbin, to bring a first tank load of it back home...
MjT74Z4.jpg

After arrival in LKO, a fraction of its cargo went into a return-vessel...
n90pWYB.jpg

The Karbo Returner then brought 20,000 units of it down to the surface, solving all of the space programs financial problems and providing enough energy for Kerbins socitity for the next 200 years.
DCvjqwJ.jpg

Now, at the dawn of the Karborundum age, a new class of heavy interplanetary tug was lifted into orbit...
x48lYLY.jpg

The Megathron class, successor of the Pegasus class, is powered by 16 Karborundum fusion drives and will push... anything... to anywhere. :cool:
jKnG5Mw.jpg

It was loaded up with the remaining Karborundum from the Freighter still in orbit...
FcVxKoA.jpg

In order to bring large ammounts of the powerful fuel from Eeloo, a large depot module was launched empty by the 500 ton lifter...
hmsKPB0.jpg

It then was put on the Megathron...
BcfAbaE.jpg

On top of it came a new Karborundum lifter as well as a karborundum-driven landing craft.
kBTHoPk.jpg

The Megathron pulled the package over to Eeloo...
cLoE40m.jpg

And the Karbo Lifter began hauling Karborundum from the surface at once...
uBvfjnw.jpg

Filling up the large Karborundum depot, still attached to the Megathron...
FusdGwd.jpg

Once the depot was full with a large load, it was decided that the mining team (Jeb, Bill and Bob) would return back to Kerbin for further assignments. So the Prometheus, interplanetary travel module, that was still in Eeloo orbit was readied up...
06Q03mA.jpg

And put on top of the Megathron,... on top of the loaded Karborundum Depot...
yCaVZBO.jpg

Jeb, Bill and Bob then shut down the mining base for now and headed into orbit with the new lander...
H2OG8qZ.jpg

Getting back on board of their travel ship...
Qowjips.jpg

Then the Megathron pushed the three Kerbalnauts and their precious cargo back towards Kerbin...
oBmJ76J.jpg

A few years later, when the A-team arrived in LKO, an empty standard MOC3-crew launcher headed up from KSC...
3LafuMl.jpg

Jeb, Bill and Bob moved over into the MOC3 and returned to the surface from a mission that had lasted several decades..
JWcXd6q.jpg

After detaching from the Megathron, the Karborundum depot was visited by a new and bigger Karborundum return vessel. It brought just a fraction of the depots cargo down to Kerbin, but even that turned into 640 million Kredits on the space programs bank account...
j3NnLh0.jpg

In the meantime, while Jeb, Bill and Bob went onto vacation for half a year, a new super heavy lifter was developed...
hC5WLeq.jpg

With a part count of 226 (of wich about 90 are just engines), it weights 13,000 tons including cargo.
E6zIfz6.jpg

This massive behemoth is able to lift 2,000 tons into Kerbins orbit and features automatic boostback- and recover-capabilities.
yF8gyFn.jpg

With all the new gear available to the space program, a new adventure for the Kerbal crew is taking shape: a Karborundum driven Grand Tour of all celestial bodies (with outer planets mod) with landings.
NTUwuZS.jpg

The Torch-drive based KSS Colossus (it should be renamed to "Kolossus", now that I type this :D ) will be the backbone of this undertaking, with sufficient life support and habitation equipment allowing six Kerbals to operate in space for more than 160 years and providing a delta-V of more than 200,000 m/s. At the front end of the vessel sits a landing craft inside a protective fairing that can land and take off from any celestial body,... though from Eve only once.
7BoV4Sh.jpg

Edited by TrooperCooper

I tested my fixes on KAX and TweakScale, using Firespiter.  (KJR is recomended)

KAX/L is going gold tomorrow. :) [found a stupid bug, and I don't have the time to fix it today - I will delay it and fix it properly]

screenshot36.jpg

K-36 PeaceMaker. Eight turning and six burning. :) 

And yes, this 80t gross weight baby can fly with 30t of "ordnance". I will try to bomb KSP later. :D 

http://ksp.lisias.net/screenshots/2019/01/01_KAX-FS-TweakScale-Testing/screenshot47#main-img

Edited by Lisias
Updated pictures!

I launched a satellite today. Into a Molniya orbit, so I the rare situation of flying over a city (EVE installed) occured.
DfSr9kf.png

Ven's Stock Revamp, by the way, has extra landing legs similar to those of the Falcon 9. Just saying. Not that I'll start using them any time soon or something. Of course not.

5LvHw5T.png

And then I spend over an hour flying to a location, but it didn't feel like an hour at all.
tX0N0Rf.png

IK14zIb.png

rWRXyPc.png

I had to take some surface samples as well, but didn't have a ladder.
The solution? Raise the landing gear!
c2MUwMh.png

(No, really. That worked)

I also played around with my vessel in Gilly orbit, trying to find an interesting trajectory. I certainly found one that looks interesting from Gilly's frame of reference.
VRjG7wD.png

I figure nobody wants to see a trio of very similar launch vehicles, so let's jump ahead to the arrival of the Dunan fleet! That is to say, the fleet we sent to Duna, not the fleet the Dunans sent to us for the purposes of conquering and enslaving and various slippery recreational activities.

eXQ2VGM.jpg

The three vessels here represent a significant portion of our funding reserve, but after studying the scans of Duna mission control realised that there's a heck of a lot of science down there (read I only just noticed that Duna has been revamped with more biomes) and since we still haven't gotten a taste of those polar ice cream caps, it seemed like a sensible investment.

We have no idea why the Bullfrog showed up so late. All vessels launched at 5-day intervals, and performed their mid-course correction burns with the same. Somehow Bullfrog managed to dawdle in deep space. Perhaps not the most auspicious start for a rover, but hopefully he'll do better once he's in his natural element.

hmm...1.6 is enticing, but I'm taking a break waiting for the PartDatabase fix and for mods to update. I think I'm gonna restart because I really want to build the new playthrough around ReStock & ReStock Plus.

Two crew lifters launched from KSC and brought the 6-Kerbal team of the Grand Tour to the KSS Kolossus.

UaIlmWK.jpg

When the transfer window to Eve opened up, the interplanetary cruiser left LKO...

kTVq8ri.jpg

A few month later: arrival at Eve...

V68os9l.jpg

The crew is now preparing for the first... and probably most dangerous landing of the tour...

klGISbW.jpg

8pDfVWS.png

RfuSexw.png

I call it the "Klomar Explorer". It has many (3) docking ports for submersibles, and the four J-90's on the back propel it across the water. To decouple the wheels, I actually didn't need to change the auto staging at all, surprisingly. I am looking forward to charting the depths of Kerbin's oceans!

And YES!!! I successfully bombed KSC with my KB-36 PeaceMaker! :D 

Bullseye, right on the Mission Control - never ever send me again to Dress, Gene!!! :sticktongue:

screenshot50.jpg

screenshot53.jpg

screenshot61.jpg

KAX, TweakScale and Firespitter only. ;-) (Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, see the few last pages for download options, is recommended - you can get rid of the autostruts and EAS Struts on wheels if you use it).

Full shooting session here.

Aircraft will be available on the KAX/L distribution files. :)

— — — — — POST — EDIT — — — — --

I MANAGED TO BRING VAB DOWN!!! #HURRAY!!! :D 

screenshot73.jpg

(Val is scaring me….)

http://ksp.lisias.net/screenshots/2019/01/01_KAX-FS-TweakScale-Testing/screenshot75#main-img

Edited by Lisias
I put VAB down!! HURRAY!

Other than a bunch of mid-course corrections, I caught a 2300t asteroid around Kerbin.  I had very little dV once I caught it, but it was enough to put it into a highly inclined orbit & get the Pe slightly into the atmosphere

Approaching the asteroid.  If you notice the 'chutes around the capture vehicle, yes I had delusions of landing this.  Should "only" need around 196 more of these large chutes.

FrReh6F.png?1

Latched on, heading back towards Kerbin for some areobraking.

p0lWLQJ.png?1

Only a 52km Pe on this pass.  Didn't have time for another round, but the next one has it down to 46km

Tux3omw.png?1

9SZvf5H.png

WFcmZC7.png

eUqwee4.png

The Odin, a not entirely clumsy supersonic aircraft! (thats its speed 3 minutes after takeoff, not its top speed, its top speed is over 1250 at 11200 meters.)

Edited by Fraston