What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

i am newbie in kerbal. i tried to shutdown twitch rockets, used for stabilizer on oxidiser tank after detaching solid fuel rockets automatically. i tried to set this action from action groups menu. it seems, did not understand the logic. please help me. i am stuck with this.

i am unable to insert image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ODLoouwcKZNyeHIjst6YmNkXWDvk5UL-

Edited by fcwlf
i need assitance

Made a pretty elaborate crew and resource transfer op between my three stations: DST-1, currently in orbit around Kerbin waiting for a transfer window to Duna, Mun Station "Bill Kerman," and MINIST-1, at Minmus. 

My starting point was that I had 1 pilot on Kerbin, DST-1 with a 2500 m/s high-end intra-system shuttle (CT3-K15 2) there which I used to assemble the station, but missing two scientists; two half-trained extra scientists on MINIST-1 with a return pod with 600 m/s dV on station; a fuel-refinery operation on the Mun with another 2500 m/s shuttle/return system (CT3-K15 1) on station on "Bill Kerman." I also had a bunch of Science both on MINIST-1 and "Bill Kerman" that I wanted to return to Kerbin. All of my intra-system craft have a crew capacity of 3.

I also needed to top up the fuel on DST-1, and wanted to set up ion monitoring surface experiments on both Minmus and the Mun; however, my Minmus lander has no cargo container on it, nor do any of my intra-system shuttles.

So.

Move 1: Cheap fueling launch (REFL-K13) from Kerbin to DST-1 (Mk 1 pod, no parachutes, no nothing, just RCS for docking), carrying a cargo container on a pair of docking ports on the nose. Cargo container carries two sets of ground experiments with the ionographer. Pilot: Valentina Kerman, flying solo. Docks to DST-1, refuels. 

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Refuel DST-1

Move 2: REFL-K13 (piloted by Peter Kerman of the DST-1, with the cargo pod still on the nose) and CT3-K15 2 (piloted by Valentina Kerman) undock from DST-1 and dock with each other. After that, Peter returns to the DST-1 on EVA.  

Move 3: Modred and Bilfry -- scientists on MINIST-1 -- and Poddard (pilot) use the 500 m/s return pod to fly to Mun station "Bill Kerman," carrying the science from MINIST-1 with them.

Move 4: Valentina flies to "Bill Kerman," discarding REFL-K13 once its fuel runs out, but retaining the cargo pod with the ionographers, now docked to its nose port.

Move 5: Poddard, Bilfry, and Daphrod (engineer stationed on "Bill Kerman") take a Mun lander down to a canyon, place the experiment, and do a bit more Science, and return to "Bill Kerman." "Bill Kerman" transmits a record of their accomplishments to KSC.

OBJECTIVES ACCOMPLISHED: Crew training complete, Mun ionographer installed. 

Move 6: Poddard, Bilfry, and Modred move the Science from Minmus, "Peter Kerman," and their latest mission to CT3-K15 2, and refuel it. Then they fly back down to DST-1. Bilfry and Modred take up their stations on DST-1.

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Crew transfer to DST-1 complete.

Move 7: Poddard returns to Kerbin in CT3-K15 1 with another temporary DST-1 pilot who helped assemble it.

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Science from MINIST-1 and "Bill Kerman" returned to Kerbin with extra pilots (after Move 1 I had zero pilots at KSC, now I have two). 

Move 8: Valentina refuels CT3-K15 2 on "Bill Kerman," with the other ionographer experiment still in the cargo container on its nose, and flies to MINIST-1, with two crew who need a Minmus landing on their resumé. 

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Refuel MINIST-1.

Move 9: Valentina and Daphrod take the TANTOR down to the Munar surface, extract all the Ore it can carry, and return to "Peter Kerman." 

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Refuel "Peter Kerman."

Move 10: A pilot-engineer-scientist team is assembled from the crew on MINIST-1. Together with Valentina, they transfer the cargo container with the remaining ionographer experiment from CT3 to MINIST-1 Lander's nose. CT3 re-docks with MINIST-1. The lander makes a visit to the surface of Minmus, installs the ionographer, and returns to MINIST-1. 

OBJECTIVE ACCOMPLISHED: Install ionographer on Minmus.

So at the end of this series of missions, I have: 

• DST-1 in orbit around Kerbin, fully stocked, fully crewed, and ready to go to Duna with the transfer window
  • "Peter Kerman" in orbit around the Mun, fully stocked, fully crewed, MPL chewing on extra crumbs of Science returned from the two surface missions and MINIST-1, with a 600 m/s 3-crew return pod on station for a crew rotation
  • MINIST-1 in orbit around Minmus, recently refuelled, fully crewed, with a sophisticated 2500 m/s shuttle/return vessel ready for crew rotations
  • Two pilots on the ground, with a significant chunk of Science returned from the Mun and Minmus
  • Ionographers installed on Mun and Minmus

The full cascade only needed one cheap (20,000 funds) launch -- the one from KSC topping up the fuel on DST-1 and bringing the two sets of ionographer experiments up in a container with docks on both sides. 

This was... fun. I normally get the biggest kick out of designing and building vessels, but I spent a quite a lot of time flying them here and I really dug it. The craft work well too.

1 hour ago, fcwlf said:

i am newbie in kerbal. i tried to shutdown twitch rockets, used for stabilizer on oxidiser tank after detaching solid fuel rockets automatically. i tried to set this action from action groups menu. it seems, did not understand the logic. please help me. i am stuck with this.

It looks from your image that you're setting the action in Action Group Set 1, not Default. You need to select the active action group set from the menu at top right when in flight mode, they're all listed there. 

It was not exactly "today" - or not, it was after midnight. :D But yet...

I coded a new scaring message for TweakScale. Halloween is coming!!! :D :D :D 

2019-1010_New-TweakScale-Scaring-Message

Soon, in a KSP near you. :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
Need to update image link. fixed.

All right, DST-1 now named "Zheng He" has arrived in the Duna system and scanned Ike for ore. We have a complication: most of the ore is concentrated on high and low latitudes, with very little near the equator, which will complicate operations somewhat. The initial scouting mission with the science lander near the only near-equatorial ore concentration drew a blank, 0% ore. Fortunately we have plenty of fuel for several more, should that prove necessary. 

After the ejection burn from Kerbin, converting ore to fuel:

Ob3YMVO.png

Arrived in polar orbit of Ike, converting more ore to fuel:

wFuHxoL.png

And after the scouting mission, converting yet more ore to refuel the lander:

j8LLl2a.png

Yes I have these nifty indicator lights for ISRU status. Red is fuel, green is Ox, amber is monoprop, white is Lf+Ox.

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

All right, DST-1 now named "Zheng He" has arrived in the Duna system and scanned Ike for ore. We have a complication: most of the ore is concentrated on high and low latitudes, with very little near the equator, which will complicate operations somewhat.

Hmmm... Why does that sound familiar?

In my career I decided that low ore is not the same as no ore, and if I have to wait 100 days or so for the next transfer window anyhow, then it doesn't matter if refueling is finished in 5 or in 30 days. (The first time I actually used the narrow-band ore scanner, to distinguish the no ore from the nearly no ore regions..)

Yeah. 

Second scouting mission to an equatorial low-concentration area was a success, and in fact turned up a fairly nice 5.7% ore concentration. Transfers to Duna orbit are planned. TANTOR should have no trouble supplying the station from the area.

35 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Second scouting mission to an equatorial low-concentration area was a success, and in fact turned up a fairly nice 5.7% ore concentration.

5.7%? That's swimming in ore! I had to make do with 1.29%. (Yes, and I had to fly uphill! Both ways! Against the wind. :cool:)

But, well, see my other comment.

I got my Minmus heavy mining based landed safely and Val, Kelrik & Ambera arrived to get it into operation. 

Approach to landing on a nice 13.28% ore concentration

VCzgYqw.png?1

After landing, I transferred most of the fuel in the landing engine pods back to the mining base, then one at a time carefully throttled them up slightly & jettisoned each one.  Three of them crashed into the mountains west of the base as intended, one somehow ended up in an escape trajectory out of Kerbin's SoI.

LNG8Mdk.png?1

The crew arrived - coming in a little lower than was prudent, but they missed the peak so all is good.  I was actually doing most of the approach in map view, so it was quite a shock when I came back to the regular view & saw a peak rising above the lander

Fpsw8jQ.png?1

Once landed, they crew transferred over to get the base up & running.  One thing I found early on - the drills were mounted too low, lifting the base slightly & causing it to rock.  To fix that, Kelrik & Val went out to reposition the drills a little higher - once again, thank you KAS!!  Once that was accomplished and the base was sitting still, it was time to set out the surface experiments then let the drills & converter do their job.

RWFgFYy.png?1

TXJ00pk.png?1

10 hours ago, fcwlf said:

i am unable to insert image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ODLoouwcKZNyeHIjst6YmNkXWDvk5UL-

Welcome to the forums. For gameplay questions, I'll suggest the Gameplay Questions and Tutorials section of these forums; while you can get an answer to any question on this thread, your questions aren't going to be as likely to get buried over there. As to your specific question, I'm not sure what's going on there - it looks correct to me. If you have more than one twitch you're wanting to shut off with the action group, you might need to select them both depending on whether you're in mirror or radial symmetry mode. Make sure that you're using the 1 key (i.e. !/1) on your keyboard when you go to try to decouple your boosters; if you do that through staging with the space bar, it isn't going to work.

And now on to a very belated log report for today.

(1.6.1) Let's see...yesterday...yesterday......here we go. Pretty paltry log entry:

10/9: Auk r&d Kport. C-15 bd NO NE, NO dep Kport, b4i HA, is 0/19; b4l 0.00; NE dep Kport, b4i HA, is 0/21. NO b4r HA, rs 0/50. NE b4l HA  0.00; b4r, rs 0/61. NO NE r&d HA. HA warp No 311.2x156.0x160.69. NO dep HA, flip, b4i Nport, is 1/8. NE dep HA, flip, b4i Nport, is 0/61. NO b4l 0.00; NE b4l 0.00; NO b4r, rs 0/75; NE b4r, rs 0/70. GLOC r&d HH. NE NO r&d Nport. Nport xMOF NO NE, c-15 bd CM. 

Pretty much what this gobbledygook says is that I docked a spaceplane (An Auk VII 16-passenger craft I launched at the tail end of business on Tuesday) up at space station Kerbinport, loaded the 15 colonists it was hauling aboard Next Objective and Necessary Evil, flew those two ships over to LSV House Atreides in high Kerbin orbit, docked, then had Atreides warp into an eccentric retrograde orbit over Minmus. Both ships departed and headed to space station Minmusport, eventually making it there and docking. After refueling, the ships' passengers all boarded the Crater Maker 7 15-passenger lander docked at the space station. That's it. Oh, and the G-LOC 7a return-to-Kerbin craft I had previously launched from the Petrobas 36 outpost on Pol rendezvoused and docked with LSV House Harkonnen in Pol orbit (a nasty one, IIRC). Most of this is the specifics of the maneuvers I conducted. Boring stuff, but yesterday was a pretty rough RL day so I was lucky to get as much done as I did. Car trouble. Going to need a new alternator as it turns out.

Not much to show for my day today so far as the RL drama continues into its second day, so I'll end things here and hopefully have something far more substantive for y'all tomorrow morning at the usual bat-time/bat-channel/bat-guano.

Continuing from two days ago...

I deployed a Heavy Engineering Vehicle...

lZi8igd.png

... with handy floodlight system ...

SKWRaXq.png

... and while doing enginery stuff I enjoyed some kind of eclipse...

BGmw9pf.png

In meantime I did some mundane stuff:

Spoiler

Installed ScanSat in hope of finding flat spot on Aptur in civilized manner...

s0DENLM.png

... and sent a bit modified model to complete Kolnya orbit contract on that cute gas giant in background ...

cVp4y8z.png

... ah the glow of NERV at midnight ...

bYewA1Z.png

Gas giant scans were not very thrilling, but Kolnya was achieved in two inefficient burns for some quick kash.

Sadly I had to refuse half a million kredits contract as extracting ore from gas giant is still out of reach of my tech base :(

As Scansat gave me bunch of past milestone contracts I deployed a third variant of Surveyor drone. A swarm of them, to be precise.

HmFRrn0.png

Their deployment will be a tale for another day, with the rest of my free time I released payload and proceeded to decommission lifter drone...

JC4n3ye.png

... as its remaining 200 dV turned into 2000 dV once cargo was released I decided to do some high velocity science.

QKC5JAo.png

Edited by PT

(1.6.1 RSS/RO/RP-1)

Last night, I launched this.

fPsMknz.png

First vessel in this career that genuinely needed the upgraded launch pad.  Fortunately, I built a second pad a while back and built it for 60T vessels from the start.

Those with sharp eyes will notice the date in early 1957.  By the time this rocket is ready to launch and rolled out, it'll be early 1958; Jeb, Bill, and Bob will have retired and Val will be getting short.  They haven't flown, in part because I can't seem to build an airplane that will fly in this career, and in part because a cockpit that would let me send crew up on a rocket only became available while this rocket was under construction.  I still have no kerosene engines (okay, the Russian copy of the Wasserfall engine, burning kerosene and nitric acid, also became available during construction of SR-2b-RD1-f), and my past experience is that orbit, while possible, is very dependent on luck with Test Flight if you're flying with ethylox.

ntPVReV.png

The RD-101 is coming up to pressure.  We'll have about 1.8 TWR at launch clamp release, and that, of course, will build up rapidly as propellant burns off.  We'll be pulling close to 8 G just before MECO.

QzNFKQR.png

The ethylox is spent, fairing away.  Time to stage.  We're around 55 km high at this point, roughly 1800 m/s.

1U46sju.png

Good staging, ullage and spin motors three for three, opening propellant valves.  Headed for 700+ km.

73oLKli.png

Upper stage engine discarded.  The decoupler provides that last little bit of impulse, good for 20-30 km additional apogee height if done immediately at SECO -- and the payload will burn up on reentry if we try to keep the engine and tanks.  As it is, the film camera, with parachute and sounding rocket core, will pull close to 25 G during reentry, slowing from 2000 m/s to 200 m/s in a few short seconds -- but everything holds together, at least until we go a little higher.

This payload was recovered a little closer to Cuba than to the Florida Keys.

I went with 4x Darts on my Gremlin lo-grav fuel miner.

hGt6l8E.png

O6DmqZK.png   EjuEVrB.png

I don't much like the landing struts on the shuttle and may try to move them to the inside and hope clearance with the engine exhaust is maintained.

To top-dock, I land very close-by and then adjust the thrust levels down so that ~80% power will give me hover.  That gives finer throttle control on the VERT while maneuvering over the target.

But Gremlin is loaded with Vernors for translation and 4 for PRO/RETRO with the Prograde ones being especially useful for the final deceleration just before contact with the top dock.

(I still haven't tried this maneuver with this craft, though!)

Phew, two near disasters around DST-1. Almost doesn't count however and all's well that ends well.

First near disaster occurred during the first Duna surface excursion mission. Which actually leads me to a question in case some more experienced Dunanaut is reading. 

I have a competent lander with a massive dV safety margin which ended up saving the day. It's a conventional VTOL rocket lander based on a tried-and-true Mun design. It is a slight improvement/refinement on the one that performed well on Duna on the first mission. It uses parachutes to descend and requires a little kick of retro rockets at the end to shave the final 10 m/s or so off the vertical speed. 

All this worked as planned.

The trouble with this entire type of vehicle, however, is that I don't know how to pick a landing spot. It comes in at a shallow angle. The drogue chutes deploy as soon as it's slowed down enough that they don't get destroyed. The chutes open at 1000 m altitude, and from there on out it floats straight down. Duna is notoriously bumpy, and what happened now was that the lander made a soft landing but on a steep incline which was about to get a lot steeper. I had to take off again immediately, but I hadn't prepared an action group for cutting chutes so those were dragging along as well. Things got extremely hairy but I did eventually manage to set it down at a slightly less steep slope. Fortunately I had gobs of extra dV on it for just this kind of contingency, so even though I burned rather a lot making that second landing, I had enough to return to DST-1. 

1T5qXUQ.png

My question is: when using this type of lander, what's your technique for picking a landing spot?

I mostly use VTOL planes on Dune precisely because of this complication. I didn't have the tech for that yet when launching this mission however, so this is what I have to work with.

---

The second near disaster occurred when sending TANTOR to Ike to mine some ore. I switched to a second computer to do some other stuff, and when I got back I was horrified to discover the main thrusters lit... at a low power, but still. TANTOR was well on its way out of the Dunatian system. Luckily I caught it just in time: I had enough dV to recover, get back to DST-1, suck it completely dry of fuel, return to Ike, load up on ore... and I had just enough to make it back to DST-1 with a full load. Again, safety margins saved the day, this time from a near-disastrous operator error.

So yeah, all's well that ends well. TANTOR is back at DST-1 whose supplies have been replenished, with well over half the Ore load remaining to be processed. 

But I think I'll design a Duna plane next, and send it to DST-1 with the next launch window.

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

My question is: when using this type of lander, what's your technique for picking a landing spot?

what biome did you land into?

I usually choose large flatty biomes, poles, midlands. However, my Next mission is planned to have landing spot at edge of crater and canyon, bringing a rover and coming in with 3 kerbals.. which is rather big and awkward lander with 8 chutes -  so it will be interesting.

anyway, i think most of dunanauts use good old F9 technique.. : )

if you want to be more in controll of landing spot before the chutes open, use airbrakes in various numbers and action groups. thats all i used so far

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S

Edited by papuchalk

Hey, airbrakes are a good idea, I'll keep that in mind for future designs. Thanks!

- I was aiming for the big equatorial crater. Just missed it, fell short and landed on the lip. I'm on a no-quicksave (except simulations) career, so the F9 technique is right out. I only notice now just how much I had been relying on it with Duna!

7 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Hey, airbrakes are a good idea, I'll keep that in mind for future designs. Thanks!

- I was aiming for the big equatorial crater. Just missed it, fell short and landed on the lip. I'm on a no-quicksave (except simulations) career, so the F9 technique is right out. I only notice now just how much I had been relying on it with Duna!

actually airbrakes are still pretty random tactic, as i am thinking about it now (still in need of F9). Having a motor for only descent stage with enough delta V would be more effective (you can also steer left to right while descent). 

Still, some practice before reall landing is needed.. sending a probe-lander ?

Also, i think there was a mode, which could calculate your maneuver nodes including atmospheres on planets. SO when you are on orbit, and do a retrograde maneuver node, it would show you exactly where you land on Duna. Stock game does not allow that.

I never used the mode though

Edited by papuchalk

Just now, papuchalk said:

actually airbrakes are still pretty random tactic, as i am thinking about it now (still in need of F9). Having a motor for only descent stage with enough delta V would be more effective (you can also steer left to right while descent). 

Yeah retro rocket only descent would certainly work, but that does increase the dV requirement for the craft a lot. I need about 1300 to make orbit and another 200 or so to RV and manoeuvre, so that's 1500 or so. If I didn't have the 'chutes I'd likely be using ~1000 for the landing too. If I want to keep any kind of emergency reserve that's gonna be a chonky lander. The one I have now is about the biggest I can run with a single Terrier. I would be able to make a VTOL plane that weighs less and has even more precise landing control for that kind of budget.

13 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Yeah retro rocket only descent would certainly work, but that does increase the dV requirement for the craft a lot. I need about 1300 to make orbit and another 200 or so to RV and manoeuvre, so that's 1500 or so. If I didn't have the 'chutes I'd likely be using ~1000 for the landing too. If I want to keep any kind of emergency reserve that's gonna be a chonky lander. The one I have now is about the biggest I can run with a single Terrier. I would be able to make a VTOL plane that weighs less and has even more precise landing control for that kind of budget.

you can leave the descent stage on duna. Retro engine, tank, and landing strut - pretty same system like Eagle on Moon.

ascent stage can be only cabin, tank and smaller engine than terrier.

I Dont know if you have technology for that though. Thats how i land and leave on Duna tonight.

Edited by papuchalk

Just now, papuchalk said:

you can leave the descent stage on duna. Retro engine, tank, and landing strut - pretty same system like Eagle on Moon.

ascent stage can be only cabin, tank.

I Dont know if you have technology for that though. Thats how i land and leave on Duna tonight.

Nah, I'm building permanent infrastructure. That's what the refueling operation from Ike is all about. 

Me, I use KER to pick my landing spots...if it's telling me the slope is a bit much, I just drift it a bit until the numbers become a little more civilized. Kerbnet's another way of doing it if you want to be stock about it; you just focus in your field of vision relatively tight - say within ten degrees - of the area you're interested in and look at the elevation. If it doesn't deviate too much, the area's relatively flat; you can then mark it with a waypoint and it'll show up just like if you were doing a survey in the area.

And then if you're truly desperate, Kerbal Konstructs. Flatten that sucker ahead of time. Is that cheatsy? Oh yeah...

(1.6.1) After a relatively mediocre day on Wednesday (car's fixed at a cost of US$ 1k, BTW), yesterday was much improved. I began my day by having LSC House Harkonnen break orbit over Pol and warp to Jool to pick up speed for a final warp to Kerbin. The ship arrived at Kerbin at a speed of 3,214.1 m/s and only required one warp-back to bleed off the remaining speed to settle into a 502.7 x 348.8 kilometer, 1.69° inclined orbit. Once in orbit, the G-LOC 7a that the staff at the Petrobas 36 outpost on Pol had been printed up and that Harkonnen had brought to Kerbin undocked and began lowering its orbit in preparation for entry. Shortly thereafter, Gilligan also undocked from Harkonnen having returned from her tourist run to the Joolian system, burning for an intercept and plane alignment with space station Kerbinport. Flight time to intercept was eighteen minutes, and at the intercept point Gilligan performed a burn to rendezvous with Kerbinport fifty minutes later. While waiting for the rendezvous, I went ahead and performed the final de-orbit of the G-LOC.

tgnRqPD.png
Grab your screenie now, cuz the damn thing's coming down at night again...

The G-LOC affected a successful landing in the ocean 84 kilometers to the east of KSC; Trajectories decided to take a nap right at atmospheric interface, otherwise I probably could've hit the space center proper. The craft's entry brought the current exploration contract to a close. I would've dealt with replacement contracts right away, but I had received word from the C. P. Baker outpost on Laythe that the printing of the planned Laythe shipyard was finally complete, so it was off to Baker. The outpost transferred fuel to the shipyard's booster and engineer Jubald Kerman finally said goodbye to her colleagues and boarded it, as her permanent post was finally ready to go. 

wYcTdHK.png
TLY launch. Actually need the fairing this time; kinda concerns me that the SAFER reactors are sticking through the fairing...might wanta fix that one of these days.

Launch and orbital manuevering was a success, with the Tradidit Lestum Yards establishing themselves in a 101.4 x 100.3 kilometer, 0.15° inclined orbit over Laythe (tradidit lestum means "lathe" in Latin - get it? Yeah, it's stupid.). Jubald activated the SAFER reactors and brought the station's mass driver on-line. I need to get back there soon to supply the station and to get Jubald working on a Da Luv Boht 7 rescue craft for Laythe; had the idea that such a craft could be used for space station Laytheport's mass driver...if I get that done, major construction at Laythe will be at a close.

Next on the schedule of events was the arrival of Gilligan at Kerbinport.

KsxDg6Y.png
Traffic pattern at Kerbinport's still relatively full, especially for craft of Gilligan's size...

Gilligan docked without incident, at which point rescuee pilot Kimfrid along with seven tourists (whose names I've already erased from my log, dammit) from three different contracts boarded the Auk VII 16-passenger plane docked at the station. The Auk then departed and deorbited for landing at KSC.

bpXqQeq.png
The one bit about the NavUtilities mod that makes me nervous everytime - I have to fly right past Mt. Killakerbal on the approach. You get within 100 meters of scraping the mountain if you're on the proper glide slope...

8z600FY.png
A good way to finish up four contracts at once.

The plane had a fairly beautiful landing at KSC 09, bringing four contracts to a close simultaneously. I finished out my day yesterday with four easily wrapped-up contracts: engineer Matdon Kerman at the Caue Serpente Yards over Eve transmitted a crew report for a contract, engineer Macnie Kerman at the Samwell Tarly Yards over Gilly did the same, and I wrapped up a pair of ore-hauling jobs, one between Pol and Jool, the other between Mun and Kerbin. Nine contracts all wrapped up yesterday...

So far today after grabbing replacement contracts (lots of ore hauling but also the go-ahead to orbit Tylo), I've been busying myself with operations at Minmus; Next Objective and Necessary Evil delivered fifteen colonists to space station Minmusport on Wednesday (about the only thing that happened), so I began the process of getting them back to LSV House Atreides (in a funky orbit) for the ride back to Kerbin. Both ships have departed Minmusport, flipped their orbital orientation to retrograde (about a 300 m/s maneuver each) and set up intercepts with Atreides. The Crater Maker 7 15-passenger lander itself has left Minmusport with a full load of colonists, and will be making its way to the Deepwater Horizon outpost on the surface at the earliest opportunity. Lander operations are the first thing on my agenda next opportunity I get to play. When I get the lander down and offload the colonists, all of the extant contracts I had yesterday will be buttoned up and/or completed except for a survey near the Echo 4 quadcopter on Eve, which I'll probably go ahead and take care of. Then it'll be time to begin planning for some of these new contracts.

Probably need to get LSV House Corrino over to Tylo with a ScanSat and some comm satellites. I'm go for orbit; means I need to start scouting out potential base sites...

Continuing from yesterdays short, uneventful, session...

I activated a Surveyor C swarm, deployment was routine and mostly uneventful. Which was preferred outcome. All four departed on direct transfers to target moons of Sonnah in order of Mun, Serran, Kerbin and Eli in five hours from deployment. Kerbin transfer took 34 m/s, Serran whooping 1900m/s@5min while remaining two took modest 500m/s. There was slight screwup of borked control point due to unorthodox delivery to parking orbit but it was detected early and swiftly corrected. 5 minute burn for Serran highlighted small issue with parking orbit at the edge of SoI, small manual correction was required after sudden change of SoI screwed up maneuver node position on navball.

Just your usual beta flight :)

Tew0ER3.png

Capture burns set, KAC enabled. Now I have 3, 5, 5 and half and 21 days to build something interesting.

In meantime...

UZhb8zo.png

Space Pug is still driving, looking for good spot to relocate Aptur Yard.