What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Designed and built a science ship with the intended destination of Gilly. Rotten asparagus. Luckily Jeb's lander survived and I was able to conduct a test of his lander's parachute system; that part worked extremely well. I will be breaking that ship into a separate lander/transfer stage as soon as I can recalculate the asparagus I'll need. The lander might be light enough to launch it SSTO, but it'd be right within tolerance. Transfer stage is definitely going to have to be asparagus.

Sent up my revised Mun Base. Out of laziness I neglected to include a transfer stage, so I pushed it halfway there with my lift rocket and had it drive itself the rest of the way - where it could refuel at my conveniently located Mun Station! I'm so prepared ^^

The big launch. AEGIS a near success, but poor quicksave choices and insufficient fuel leaves Dozer and Harbus pretty much stranded Munside. Will have to try out that escape system over there back in the Polar Crater, figure out suborbital rendezvous and/or get orbit using the thruster pack with two Kerbonauts simultaneously. Perhaps even use the engines to launch the rover into space with the guys clinging to the ladders... or something.

Or launch a rescue/refuel mission. That might be the better choice.

Edited by Concentric

In career put capsules in polar orbits round Kerbin (now returned) and the Mun (still there), to get the EVA reports from the remaining biomes. Redirected my previous planned Minmus mission to interplanetary space and sent up a new one that looks set to enter a nice equatorial orbit.

All took a fair few launch attempts, having control issues on the rockets. One in particular wants to wander during the orbital insertion burn, so I have to turn off SAS and set it spinning to keep it stable. Works OK but not so accurate as having proper control.

Installed couple more mods and tried to make and airplane that uses Fission Reactor. Well it was nice airplane, size of Boeing 747. I didn't save it, i ran out of Ram when i tried to start the engines. Also tried to put the reactor inside a cargo bay... nope it wont go in there, that's why it look'd dumb. The airplane is gone now. :rolleyes:

Trying to remember the Nuclide Table.

First i took my KSO Shuttle to my Low Kerbin Orbit Station to add the docking unit and transfer crew to it.

I have to say the shuttle is amazing, especially the interior view looks great.

Then i built and rover a transported it to Duna. I designed it after curiosity complete with skycrane, a functional (yet useless robotic arm) and headmast:)

Looks a bit simple but i like it :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Justicar Shodan

Put a satelite into orbit using only SRB's

10hprat.jpg

okacmf.jpg

The craft is tilted to help with the gravity turn. A good run will get you 450/500km Periapsis and -70/110km Apoapsis, then just wait until you get to periapsis and burn those mini SRB's

The payload is 500kg~

I made a new plane for jeb,He really liked it ^^

*snip*

Nice! I like the innovative design.

As for me, I added a set of six escape pods for the XILAS Station.

D3A39EEC8BEF0B2FE6A0ABA19A1130F05BA5C5A5

D0F565CFE7AAC028DB2D80D7C6D03EABA3EE5C04

Edited by Xacktar

Today it was time to reorganize some of my infrastructure. The refueling station orbiting Minmus had become obsolete with the introduction of big all-in-one kethane mining ships. Meanwhile, the lack of docking space at LKO was starting to become a problem. The obvious solution was to move the Minmus station to orbit Kerbin, and replace some of its modules with something more useful.

spacestation_move.jpg

It took a while to figure out the best way to move the station. Eventually I settled to using the Poodle in the small kethane drilling ship at 30%, and balancing the station with RCS. I probably used much more RCS fuel than liquid fuel during the operation.

The aerobraking over Kerbin was interesting but ultimately harmless. Still, you're probably not supposed to do things like that with space stations.

spacestation_aerobrake.jpg

After settling to a 180 km orbit, it was time to detach and deorbit some of the less useful modules.

spacestation_modules.jpg

Finally I launched a docking hub for small ships to replace one of the modules. As the old station didn't have a utility tug assigned to it, I finally found some use for the rather pointless light spaceplane.

spacestation_tug.jpg

Edited by Jouni

Well. Had fun landing at an angle:

16A2399B725B2C0483BA53E43522A55751C20D96

Only the tip to the right wing was torn off. Leaving the one flap hanging:

2C57D5D85D5788681B953E47447729A846E65634

Not bad for a night landing. But, a fail for Eve return craft.

This is an earily version that was able to still stay aloft under its own power till I was bored and reverted to hanger: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296938495507752938/8B5B43CA586F7003A0C2B0D06066BA6D46204FFB/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296938495507752938/8B5B43CA586F7003A0C2B0D06066BA6D46204FFB/

Built my first landing strip to landing strip SSTO.

JyRsdJo.png

Could use a bit more trimming.... ended up with a lot more oxidizer than I needed. I triimmed the fuel a bit much, probably can totally remove the front tank. Creating horizontal velocity with the jet engine is the key to saving fuel.

Edited by Jart

Launched another giant fuel blob to the Jebulon... for no real reason. I just want it to have a lot of orange tanks dangling off for next time I need to resupply an interplanetary mothership.

Then I launched a swarm of mini-probes. I figured eventually I'll want to have something orbiting [insert planet here], so why not launch a bunch of probes now so a few months from now they'll already be there waiting? To do what, though, I'm not sure. They have some science stuff but nothing that amounts to much of an infrastructural component. Maybe I should have launched a swarm of Hitchhiker containers instead :\

The Kerbatar, for anyone who cares, is still waiting on a decent transfer window to open up. For some reason I've decided to actually obey the transfer windows for this one instead of just thrusting where and when I want with no regard for fuel efficiency.

I fought with a buggy (Literally. It was causing errors to be written into the ksp.log file) space station which I then just "terminated." I then fought with my poorly designed replacement station.

When it shook itself apart for the 5th time was when I just ragequit the game.