What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I decided to take a craft I had sitting in orbit on my testing save out to Eeloo, but got an encounter with Eve instead (was pleasantly surprised by it randomly happening). So change of plan I decided that I wanted to go to Gilly, because I have not actually landed there. Thanks to the new maneuver node, I do not even recall .23.5 downloading to my system LOL, I now have my encounter burn waiting to put me down to 23km from the surface of Gilly for later (Going to get around here in a bit to go to the movies).

Oh, 25 year wait is finally over... and I completed career mode with NO DEATHS.

That's right, no one died, and only three kerbals are left stranded in the Jool system. Mostly thanks to this beautiful ship, the EFFE 1

BC4972C9CEC8A4760C85128CA0FC5516A9C00BB5

She took me on a nice tour around Jool.

0A9CBF0AA4531088650FEADBE4CEDCF192163055

Where we dropped two of the pods at Vall.

10CBA08E6FB7B8062AFC5212592A740448E604E7

9410CE9EE517ECD5F4A78270BF237FF38385F6C3

And the other two at Pol.

7E70D51A4EF1748E35AB5036F0B45E82E6D8CDD9

I then loaded one of the landers with fuel and science and sent it back home, then jool screwed up the trajectory and I had to wait 25 years to get it back again.

By the way, how can you hide pictures and texts with that spoiler thingy?

Just wrap the tags. I've done it for one of your pics. Code looks like this:

[noparse]

your_image.png

[/noparse]

EDIT: (or it would if that worked. Is the tag not "spoiler"? I've not bothered using it.)

Just wrap the tags. I've done it for one of your pics. Code looks like this:

[noparse]

http://your_image.png

[/noparse]

EDIT: (or it would if that worked. Is the tag not "spoiler"? I've not bothered using it.)

You want (spoiler=parameter)(img)picture link goes here!(/img)(/spoiler)

But replace the ( with [

Soo

db5ed1dc5e5fc64e83b6b943eee403e8.png

Replace the word with parameter with whatever you want :)

Edited by WillHop

I think this rover will win in ugliest rover contest evah in Polish community forum.

OF course inspired by Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie, which I saw milion times...

[spoiler= I hid images, cuz I affraid of your mental safety ;) ]

6Ts4k0m.jpg

Yes, It's Huge Troian Iron Rabbit!

7R81sOH.jpg

B5uGvvM.jpg

Tried around 20 times to launch a miniature plane that used only RCS, it always failed. Then I replaced the RCS engine with normal ones and switched the fuel and I ended up killing a kerbal after testing it first with a kerbal. 12 more times I tried and failed, so I carpet bombed it until there was no more and scraped the save. At least I could get the carpet bombers to work!

Worked on my next Minmus lander, which I'm building to include a probe-core driven floating drone with thermometers and seismic and gravity sensors. I'm sure someone's got a really nice one up somewhere, so I'm deliberately not looking at pictures of such ideas to see how what I come up with compares. With the changes to the little orange radial engines I was able to reduce overall part count, since I used eight of those on my lander stage. Just need four now.

Could use the new parts to build a new lifter for the mission, but the multi-stage asparagus setup I'd been using for that worked really well so I'll likely just keep it.

Today, I decided that it is time to explore some other planets. I launched Jeb, Bill and Bob to Eeloo and messed it up. It seems that they will stay there for a while. I hope they kept enough snacks on board.

While it is true that I had one less day than I presume most people had to play the new patch, I've still only managed to re-clear maybe a third of the tree. Is it just me or do we get less science for each experiment now? I seem to remember the thermometer, barometer, goo, and materials bay experiments done a couple times for each of Kerbin's biomes being enough to unlock most of the tree, but it isn't doing it this time. And my "In Space High" EVA reports no longer seem to account for biomes :\

So I'm stuck trying to go to the Mun with 1-meter parts... wasn't this patch supposed to do the opposite? xD

Tonight in KSP I tried to do something the physics engine didn't like... and it basically just said "no." Repeatedly.

So much for smacking my 1.5t probe against this gigantic rock at 3800m/s.... I mean, I clearly hit the thing - there's a shadow! (And it passed right through the field of view and the craft... over several tries.)

20140404_ksp0026_denied.jpg

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Duna science returned safely to Kerbin: 1250+something science points.

Pending court martial for aerobraking at 40km at Kerbin with nuclear engines and firing them - hoping to get off the hook by pleading a lack of fuel for a safe return.

Whats wrong with using air intakes to mount engines radially?

That was not what I meant to say, just the first thing I noticed while looking for the proposed flaw in the design.

Petition to have this stickied permanently, anyone?

It was once, but then it was not.

Edited by KerbMav

Sure does, my ion pusher weights about 16 tons and had a DeltaV of about ~10,600 m/s pre-grabbing.

Post grabbing its 30 tons and 5672 m/s DeltaV

Everything I've tried so far implies the roid basically behaves like a giant component of the ship.