What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I finally launched my nuclear powered, ion driven, 166 ton space ship, the Spirit of Antwerp. It's mission is to survey all of the Joolian moons in one trip. It is fully crewed, and I only have to do one refuelling mission and dock the four landers to it before it can begin its maiden voyage.

wmIK2nK.png

Started my first Eve return mission. Total cost is about 1.5 million funds.

jFQmEsC.jpg

The ship at launch. 591 parts. No mods except for Kerbal Engineer Redux, and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

atOnCbe.png

What actually gets into orbit. The lander is from the Mk1-2 command pod and all to the left.

Yesterday I played pretty much until I blacked out, so I didn't get to post about it, but it was a very productive day in KSP. No derping around with mods - it was all about Career Mode and clearing that tech tree. Despite my relaxed "rule" about timewarping (before I only let myself timewarp 1 day at a time between missions, now it's one week), I actually seem to be clearing it faster than before thanks to the extra science provided by various contracts. Setting up stations around Kerbin and Minmus (and soon Mun) has proven to be highly lucrative.

screen26.jpg

Also, I get some androgynous Kerbal names now and then, but Ellie Kerman and now Allison Kerman (pictured) sound pretty clearly female to me. o_O

I sent up two communication satellites to the Mun. One more to go to have nearly full coverage of the munar surface, preparing the path for the first unmanned lander. Since I now unlocked struts in the tech tree, those satellites are much more stable against wobbling during launch, than their Kerbin counterparts, so no failed missions this time.

i was on eve. but only on eve. it was planned to visit gilly too. but this is pain. you need a huge amount of deltaV for gilly... awesome!

my ride. i used my on-trip-for-duna-and-ike lander withe mobile lab. i refueled an remanned it. because i used docking ports for launch into LKO i was able to simple add another module with a small eve-lander-probe and rover.

10537127_10204798223582425_4187607128601686772_n.jpg?oh=9fd1184240778425d05375cc64f61115&oe=543AFE72&__gda__=1413485044_626b08c373cc2d7fe3e68e19b39f541110407607_10204798222902408_5272981921075868180_n.jpg?oh=ba044a161ca36f42807325fb5ec4df4e&oe=54542929&__gda__=1413116122_9564b11eff765cdc81d27d57aa99643f

10574287_10204798224262442_2172979856950321928_n.jpg10550918_10204798225862482_7546183832183524339_n.jpg?oh=40b75e003429c550affce13977d73a07&oe=543CF145

Finally let Pol - and the Mobile Miner - behind and continued to Tylo. The Tylo Landing Assist Modules (really only stacked tanks above the lander) worked perfectly fine and the sepratrons pushed each stage out of my flight path. (Really have to get this .23/.5 album going ...)

KSP does not want me to drop a maneuver node on my Tylo orbit even at 200km though ... maybe after the restart today.

Will most likely return to Pol to refuel, carrying two orange tanks worth of fuel from Pol to Tylo and getting into a 20x20km orbit was no cheap. Then it is off to Vall and maybe Laythe in one trip, before I will most likely have to refuel one more time and Bop comes last. After that the Jool Mission flies of to Duna to assist the Duna Return Mission with its fuel problem and the remaining two anomalies there.

An Ike landing is a given, as we will have to land and refuel there anyway.

Started my first Eve return mission. Total cost is about 1.5 million funds.

What actually gets into orbit. The lander is from the Mk1-2 command pod and all to the left.

Looks nice! Have you tested that lander though? It looks like it would be cutting it quite close if you land it in Eve's lowlands.

EDIT: also, I'm totally stealing some of the design features on your transfer vehicle, hope you don't mind. Looks a lot sleeker than most of mine.

hello !

today for the 99999.... time I have restarted KSP to test some thing and :P

i'v got this :

nHvfqO7.jpg

first time (never seen before, on my ksp) I have this screen presentation love it .............

I'm thinking sh... something is wrong in my part lol !!!

steph

Started a rescue mission today, to pick up one stranded Kerbal that had been there for 145 days, and rescue another guy in a high Kerbin orbit.

UPIv6zR.png

YU9Vbk6.png

The picture above is my first landing attempt, which turned out the command pod survived being slammed into the Mun in a speed of 200 m/s. Good thang I quicksaved.

That one is all stock. It flies well. You wont get a lot of altitude out of this ssto, but that is not what it was build for. It's basically build to be a lego style lander for the jool system so you can just snap in appropriate propulsion module and a fresh science kit for each new planet you are heading to. (minus Tylo, that has a dedicated rocket) I do use mods now but that one was built before I tried them out. All I have really loaded at this point is an IVA for the mk series capsule, robotics, kerb engineer,and spaceplane plus. I figure I will need kerb engineer to help me bring someone back from Eve.

I crashed into Duna, today. My first ever extraplanetary jaunt!

Wow. Chutes really don't do crap there, do they?

OH. And, then I F9'd all the way back to my first Mun Landing from several "years"* ago.

Question: What's the point of the "Autosaving" if it doesn't go to that point during F9?

*Time warp years.

Edited by Mahnarch
Added question to the end

today i finished a Grand Tour without docking at anytime

full vid here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyClNp7fsGY&list=UUok0KC9bFXjee3ve7pOJ15Q

Kerbin, Laythe, Vall, Bob, Pol-Tylo-Pol, Eeloo, Dres, Ike, Duna, Gilly-Moho-Gilly / Gilly-Eve-Gilly, Kerbin

I watched a lot of that but, where is the sound? [Not even some music?]

How long did initial construction take? Dear lord that was ginormous! :D

I watched a lot of that but, where is the sound? [Not even some music?]

i usually listen to my favourite music while playing Ksp so i suggest you to do the same ;)

and the mainship was developing and tested over several months & the 3 shuttles are just some slight variations of the Tylo,Moho, and Eve Landers i made somewhat earlier.

a little thread is here:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89564-Without-Docking-The-Grand-Tour

It's been two weeks since I last launched KSP! And my favorite mods got some updates.

So, I went for the Karbonite and MKS/OKS.

Karbonite has been released! And some cool features too. Like that amazing Jet Engine. It appeared to be not working in Kerbin atmosphere. But, with the magic of debug console (I wanted to test it so much!) I've done speedtest with that "MiG-15"-styled jet and...

uvMEOVv.png

Holy crap.

Also, started my Joolian Orbital Base construction. You may not believe me, but I'm not realy like huge launches and prefer docking. But today I was lazy.

09mN4tk.png

We might need new VAB. Taller one.

vIHrNrV.png

Might.

Heroism and drama!

Well, sort of. After some rather uninteresting messing about, part testing and a landing on the island runway, I got what could be called a perfect storm of contract requests. Although I have satellites in Kerbin and Mun orbit, and a "Mun base" (basically a lander that I'm pretty sure can get back, but is going to stay there for a while to plant flags for money), sometimes I want to fulfill the contracts by other means - particularly when I also have a rescue mission. So, with two spare nuclear drive modules, a fueldump space station, and a lone orbiting kerbonaut in LKO, I devised a mission.

The contracts: Rescue Aldfred from Kerbin orbit, science from Kerbin orbit, science from Mun orbit, plant flag on Mun, and test turbojet landed on Mun.

The plan: Launch SpacePlaneA, my basic, nose-docking spaceplane unmanned to rendezvous with Aldfred. Then, with Aldfred, rendezvous and dock with the fueldump, and fill tanks. Rendezvous a spare nuclear drive module with the fueldump, and dock it to the spaceplane. Transfer to Munar orbit with the LV-N, detach, and land. Plant flag, perform test, take off and take a report, then rendezvous with the LV-N again for the return. Leave the LV-N in LKO, and fly back to the runway.

wxYozI.png

zuApol.png

Sounds simple enough. I flew the spaceplane to orbit and picked up Aldfred.

dff9xU.png

3tokwP.png

Docked and filling up, and the nuclear drive module is on its way.

PQxLpU.png

MdqtDM.png

Transfer to Mun orbit was also fine. I didn't take any fuel out of the LV-N's tank before I detached in a 50km orbit.

7YsmJq.png

QcAPqN.png

Landing and flag planting was also perfectly fine, as was taking off and getting the report. Here's where the problem started:

wKY22K.png

Out of oxidiser fuel, and the periapse still underground. Uh-oh...

EZGBUE.png

Time for a daring suborbital rendezvous and docking procedure with the LV-N!

z27JWd.png

9vsU9S.png

I accidentally forgot to disable the 48-7S pair when firing the rescue burn, which wasted a bit of fuel for no thrust. I realised it quickly, however, and got the spaceplane into a safe orbit.

YKl5Z0.png

SSfImN.png

Tried to bring the Kerbin periapse a little into the atmosphere with the escape burn... would it have been possible without that little wastage? Who knows. But now Aldfred is in a high Kerbin orbit, awaiting a fuel-carrying probe to dock in-between his spaceplane and the LV-N. This is the first time I ever performed a suborbital docking - it was a little nerve-wracking but I manged it first try. Once the fuel-probe docks in, the mission can be completed as normal, which I'm sure will make Aldfred happy.

Well, today I built the Some Assembly Required Moonbase. It looks like this:

1478F615153B00EBB0DD6EFFD96602D303497A1C

Which then breaks down to this after landing.

54FD2F3F346C645F81CF494C9AC921D2E8A5963A

Then, after lots of work with a double-claw RCS tug, it becomes this:

83A4672F2669D84F3E9CCA56EB85D3091973CD3A

Surprisingly, it worked fairly well on the first design, the landing was a bit unstable but I'm still really happy with it.

Edited by Xacktar