What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I had a very interesting Mun landing. At first everything went smooth. I landed softly, planted my flag and took my samples.

5uvr2rq.png

fgw5mQ4.png

7h9v5Rm.png

Then, however, I ran into trouble. The engines on the ascent stage weren't properly installed and could not draw fuel from the tank. All seemed lost, but Jeb managed to transfer fuel to the descent stage and take it with him into orbit.

IxhQvNH.png

Once there, though, the little lander ran out of electricity. It was stranded and couldn't get anywhere, so it was time for the CSM to help. It dived and put itself on a collision course with the surface just to rescue Jebediah as quickly as possible, and through a heroic burn it then stabilized its trajectory once it had reached the lander.

XrbPtmi.png

qNbeh2a.png

The two ships were reunited, and Jeb could finally climb back on board the CSM. The lander was then discarded, and the trio prepared to leave for Kerbin.

FI8RPBd.png

CJWYq9o.png

Their problems weren't over yet, however. The daring maneuver had cost them much fuel, and there was simply not enough left to complete the final burn. They were stranded in an eccentric orbit that would never bring them within 500 kilometers of the surface. Once again all seemed lost, but the Kerbals just wouldn't have it. They took turns going out to push the craft themselves, slowly but steadily lowering their periapsis until it went suborbital. They had secured a reentry, and after much sweating and swearing they finally touched down on Kerbal soil.

jiJOt8u.png

cODN05b.png

X3wkR42.png

I stranded one of my Kerbals in Mun orbit after mission to land my first Kerbal (in this save) on Mun. I have used the same lander/return craft as in my Minmus mission, but with larger transfer stage because previous dedign didnt have enough fuel to slow down for Mun orbit, land and than return. Everything was going as planned up to the landing phase. I used my transfer stage to deorbit and slow below 100m/s. Than I detached that transfer stage, deployed landing legs and turned on the lights. Next step was to activate the engine but my staging was mixed up and I threw away landing stage. I managed to land with my return stage, gather some science and bring him up into orbit. There is still some fuel left which will be used to deorbit that craft back to the Mun once rescue is completed.

Downloaded more mods, decide that I need to cull my parts list again (mostly kw rocketry) and finally weld (ubiozur's welding mod) a large structural piece of a spacecraft that is responsible for transporting base modules.

I worked hard on my documentation about space planes, adding some more small and medium transport space plane examples, some VTOL's and massively improved document navigation: KSP-Space-Plane-Construction-and-Operation

Other than that i only got to dock my heaviest of all TUG's ever transported by space planes (92t) to my soon to launch Duna space train which is currently being assembled in orbit around Kerbin. It will push the assembly together with it's two orange 'little' brothers to Duna:

duna_einstein_station_assembly_03.jpg

Hi,

Today, i continue the orbital assembly of the Kerbol Explorer, which receive his engines block 2

KE engine block 2 final approche

4CDAD777C6A3A5A93E2E7441C8D820F5667C85E6

Bill EVA for emptying remaining fuel in block 1 and 2 launchers

54B74944FDC5A23A477969F23D15FC9C2CBF00C2

Kerbol Explorer engines section, blocks 1&2

2C7DBF4ECE8DEF3A4C044B322480B763A4E42EA7

I will launch third and last engine block... now !! :D and maybe solar arms too, not sure...

But as KE is my first "heavy" ship, im impatient to test it !!

Went from Pol to Laythe finally - a gravity assists at Tylo saved me a bit dV.

After four tries I gave up on hitting land and just watered the lander - go up again pretty fine, but the mothership had to go for the rendesvouz as I burned up every drop of fuel to attain orbit.

Then started plotting for Vall - kerbed up by not setting control to the cockpit again after setting it to the docking port - alt-f4, getting back tomorrow.

Even if its too late, i finish engine assembly tonight :D

KE engines block 3 final approche

251D6898C5F0C2933A1D91E8D11F07C364AE6390

Docking 132t wiz good angle... slowly :D

44ECA8D0B65B5B60D1754E4CCD4D2E9B3A8CA500

Docked !

A6ABBB74FB31E0881F3699DE174364BD74CA0860

Bill start EVA for strutting, and play wiz his shadow

31141F0C6F0F2568334593B93882FCFBB7E7C0F8

Close to work area

3145D922E8E179248797693BD4C97536E5722F75

Bill is a Star

B6CC06A08A87223AA12823B56DDA675ED8DBE06D

Now, time to work, searching some struts

2F118CF01BD912A8303FCFC3B3875566BFB45D01

Here they are

5E10207088E82EEED6411391A1199316350318A8

First one done

C161F2E69F19818C9F5A664AB31A698793DD94BB

First struts ring done

4FFD8AECC11B40E4ACCFB1111A7CEBC1A34A55BF

Main struts ring done

2BB8AB8E7A3748CD07CAEA280536E4A6755AC1A6

Just a quick engine inspection before test fire

56A18142A3AC2FC3E99D8941F6F10A7E39810A0E

Bill ends his EVA, back to pod

DDB78BC200C92D6ECBE8857794824418D15EA91E

Kerbol Explorer is no more a maiden !!

9C90F299C43C190D7237CB15BDAE12D4A4F5A88F

KE service corridor; no Jeb, cant go while engines on !

85FC7F69050D538AE41C630B305A03FA4E1E6010

Even if its too late, i finish engine assembly tonight :D

Egad! Quite a project. Why you no document this in the Mission Reports section?

BTW, what's that hexagonal thing with the red lines?

Anyway, until I saw this, I was feeling a bit proud of launching an oddly-shaped and imbalanced 115-ton Duna exploration ship (inside the fairing and tihe radial stuff) without asparagus but with NEAR and DRE.

14930119406_b5852b7242_o.jpg

I did some work on my minmus base and I developed a SSTO that can bring 2 crew and a small payload out to minmus. it has 1500 m/s of delta v once it reaches LKO:cool:

(imgur butchered the image order so the plane with a bigger wingspan is the final product)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by peachoftree

Did an actual apollo like mun mission (separate lander/command craft) for the first time ever using the BTSM mod. Have always done a massive lander that was capable of returning to kerbin itself before, usually with enough fuel left over for a partial powered descent. This one, barely had the fuel left to return to Kerbin on an intercept course. It was fun. :)

I have shown again, that flying is much easier than landing...

After flying from the north to the south pole of Kerbin (4 aerial surveillance contracts), I actually managed to hit the runway at KSC. ... with a too high vertical velocity, ripping off the landing gear and, well, destroying the rest of the plane shortly afterwards. From now on I think I'll use the perfectly fine runways known as northern and southern ice sheets...

Egad! Quite a project. Why you no document this in the Mission Reports section?

BTW, what's that hexagonal thing with the red lines?

Hi, ty all for comment

The Hexagonal part come from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86388-0-24-1-Speedy-s-Hex-Truss-System

But i have to search mission report section, cauz im relativly new, i dont search all the forum.

Edited by FacialJack

Hi, ty all for comment

The Hexagonal part come from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86388-0-24-1-Speedy-s-Hex-Truss-System

But i have too search mission report section, cauz im relativly new, i dont search all the forum.

I doubt he meant the hex trusses. It's more likely he's wondering about the long distance ore scanner from EPL.

I'm finally having fun again. I owe it all to these babies! This Descent/Ascent staged Apollo style lander is a costly Mun Lander, but it's allowed me to do some faithful Apollo style missions (6 so far!)

zr1zV52.jpg

I recently made a rover and sent it up with Kerpollo 6 to start landing in between biomes to get 2-3 biomes researched each landing instead of just one.

XrzgyeM.jpg

I grossly underestimated how hard it would be to land with a rover hanging off your side with no counterbalance;

IZsB5y1.jpg

So I had to stash it on ComSat-01 already in orbit.

Scuwgkg.jpg

This is what my Mun looks like right now. All those lander icons are descent stages left behind.

OgfCRtS.jpg