What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I continued assembling my EVE station / ship in orbit around Kerbin. It consists mainly of large Kerbodyne S3-14400 tanks and tugs to push it. Plus the station core with the docking cross for landers and stuff.

eve_station_assembly_01.jpg

Yet my old top of the line transport space plane can handle launching the huge tugs and tanks but it's at it's very limit and requires extrem precise flying. So i decided to make this easier and worked on an even bigger space plane. So i came up with Goliath, my new peak of development for space planes. 20 engines, 149t empty weight at 427 parts, 101t payload.

ex_spt_goliat_1_00_01.jpg

ex_spt_goliat_1_00_02.jpg

Here at it's first test flight around KSC. It's starting to be a dia show.

ex_spt_goliat_1_00_03.jpg

Needs more testing though.

Also decided to change the factor for max TOW (take off weight) per RAPIER from 13t to 12.5t since it's not really true for very large space planes.

I Built a large Science plane to explore the biomes of Kerbin. However it is very slow and does not maneuver well.

64qra6x.png

I then decided to built as small a plane as I could. I could probably go smaller, but I like it. Can be flown maned or by remote.

wPqApz1.png

Then Jeb and Bill put the new KASA Station core into orbit.

wDWetQl.png

A while back Jeb put in an order for a new private plane, and it arrived. Bob and Kirdan took it for a test flight to make sure everything is functioning for Jebs return from orbit

lPMaYv7.png

It is a quick and nimble aircraft, Bob enjoyed test fling it.

Lraca4T.png

I also attempted to built a small spaceplane. Unfortunately it was unable to make it to orbit on its own.

ioIX4mv.png

However with a bit of rocket assistance...

0q0MaeX.png

We made it to orbit and docked with the KASA station.

3TWYbYh.png

Today I learned the true meaning of Poly Count, as I made a small thruster model for a parts pack I decided to make, 10cm part with 10254 vertices, no doubles.

EDIT: Through the magic of mesh combination I've slashed vertices down to 5997, still a bunch but almost half what it was, so that's nice.

Edited by TimberWolffe

I decided it had been awhile since I had made an SSTO, but I wanted one that could do a contract and be landed at the runway for 100% recovery of fund (minus fuel and LS of course). I give you the ever imaginatively named SSTO Rescuer... Rescue SSTO (ok I will have a better name once I feel better). It flies really nice and only needs a small amount of runway to take off from, however it does not look pretty it is functional. To avoid tail strikes I have found the small hard point piece to be just enough to lift the rear up a bit and yet keeps the nose near level, the nose sits just below the horizon on the navball and is actually nice when landing.

25ujf6g.png

I figured with .25 focusing on spaceplanes I should learn to start flying them, maybe at some point I will use Near or FAR (I would now but I am not comfortable enough to do so).

I Built a large Science plane to explore the biomes of Kerbin. However it is very slow and does not maneuver well.

aaaand snipped stuff.

That looks pretty nice. I like the design of the little jet and the station! But.. isn't there something wrong with the Sr. Docking Ports at the bottom of it? Shouldn't there only be one?

I started to build a station yesterday. Today I docked the two solar modules to it.

Here you can see a random Kerbal (forgot the name) floating outside the station with one of the two modules attached.

OtLdLrm.png

This was taken shortly before I docked the second solar module to the station.

crRNM8i.png

And here when it was docked. Shortly behind the solar arrays there is a little decoupler for the orbital delivery thing which then de-orbited itself.

7ogkwFn.png

And this is my new project: Building a lifter designed to bring around 85t to the station. It has got enough power to reach LKO, the problem is that it wiggles around a lot, no matter how many struts I use. Could someone help me?

Here is a picture:

b0MWWd6.png

I would suggest "balancing" your fuel lines with a strut or a duplicate fuel line on the other side, that helps avoid unwanted rotation. Also avoid strutting to the ASAS units, they're notoriously flexible.

You might also try mounting a probe core on the lower core stage, with the help of a cuboct strut, and control from that until it separates. This stops the SAS responding to and worsening any swaying of the upper part of the rocket.

I would suggest "balancing" your fuel lines with a strut or a duplicate fuel line on the other side, that helps avoid unwanted rotation. Also avoid strutting to the ASAS units, they're notoriously flexible.

You might also try mounting a probe core on the lower core stage, with the help of a cuboct strut, and control from that until it separates. This stops the SAS responding to and worsening any swaying of the upper part of the rocket.

Okay, thanks. AFAIK I've got the fuel lines built symmetrically because the engines run out of fuel at the same time. I'll try to modify my rocket and tell you if it works.

-EDIT-

Wait.. wait.. *lel*

I've made the 1st post on the 1000th page! Where's my cookie?

Edited by Volcanix

And this is my new project: Building a lifter designed to bring around 85t to the station. It has got enough power to reach LKO, the problem is that it wiggles around a lot, no matter how many struts I use. Could someone help me?

Attaching cubic octagonal struts to the fuselage and then connecting those with strut connectors should make your craft a whole lot more rigid...

Also, 1000 pages filled with a scandalous amount of man-days worth of daily KSP pics and updates!!! Well done everyone, complementary snacks all around! (recreate thread Xeldrak?)

Attaching cubic octagonal struts to the fuselage and then connecting those with strut connectors should make your craft a whole lot more rigid...

Also, 1000 pages filled with a scandalous amount of man-days worth of daily KSP pics and updates!!! Well done everyone, complementary snacks all around! (recreate thread Xeldrak?)

Why recreate it? Is there a page limit?

I got to test my new top of the line transport space plane by transporting a huge tug based on a Kerbodyne S3-14400 tank into orbit. The image shows the tug being released in LKO so that it can travel to it's destination, the currently assembled eve station / ship.

ex_spt_goliath_1_00_04.jpg

And here docked at the station/ship. Only one more big tug needed, perhaps adding a small one to the rear end.

eve_station_assembly_02.jpg

And congratz everyone on 1000 pages!

Edited by DocMoriarty

I decided to launch a probe to Minmus while waiting for the next burn for my space stations habitation unit and had a sudden loss of power while on the sunny side of the planet. I thought at first my solar panels had not deployed or maybe it was because I was sending back science logs, but that was not the case as I started to look around I saw this.....

nmayvo.png

I could see it from both this probe and the habitation delivery as well as that one was just crossing the terminator line, but I like this one since you can see three planets right under the eclipse. :cool:

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting around to try and post the ten-thousandth post so, I'm letting you guys all go for the prize.

WOO FIRST 9999th POST EVER!!!

I don't know of there ever being a thousandth post on the forum, so here's to it. This is the one thread that doesn't need to be stickied to be on the first page forever ;).

Also, Concorde airplane: one moment I'm finishing it