What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

My longest burn yet, outside of an ion powered probe who was sent into very low orbit around the sun and its burn was broken up into multiple burns at Pe.

iV0I9uI.png

More than 4km/s, its an ore and kethane miner going to jool, with just fuel onboard it have 7.5km/s dV.

More special I burn directly from Minmus orbit, ship was constructed in a shipyard in Minmus orbit, mined kethane and then started the burn, was still burning after I left Minmus SOI.

Yes its very inefficient however I wanted the miner to reach jool before the colony ship gets where so I can refuel it.

More than 4km/s, its an ore and kethane miner going to jool, with just fuel onboard it have 7.5km/s dV.

More special I burn directly from Minmus orbit, ship was constructed in a shipyard in Minmus orbit, mined kethane and then started the burn, was still burning after I left Minmus SOI.

Yes its very inefficient however I wanted the miner to reach jool before the colony ship gets where so I can refuel it.

Heheh, for a second there I thought you were going to mine on the surface of Jool. :P

Did a Minmus run for science and parts testing last night, followed up by another Kerbal rescue mission. Unlocked the large probe cores; can finally start using self-cleaning boosters (debating if I want to try to make them recoverable as well - my program is up to 4 million at the moment so it's not like I'm strapped for cash, but still). Another 850 science and I'll have my PB-NUKs, then it's on to mop-up. Debating as to whether or not I want to do a Duna mission at this point - I've definitely got the tech for it at this point.

Class C rock enters Kerbin's SOI in 4 days, so it's about time for me to catch it and avoid an impact. You know, trying to save the bumpers on people's cars and all that.

Heheh, for a second there I thought you were going to mine on the surface of Jool. :P

No, either Pol or Bop, can land on Vall too but that is mostly for exploration, miner is unusual as it has an hitchhiker module as I will use it for exploration and crew transport too.

However I have tried to mine kethane on Jool, back in 0.19 then Jool had some sort of surface I tried to lower an drill down from an balloon too see if it was possible, it did not work.

I was building my space station in orbit around the Mun and then I changed my mind, why would I build a space dock around the Mun if I can do it around Minmus faster and using less resources. So I decided to take my station, using really little fuel I had and de-orbited to be in orbit around Kerbin and with the speed I gained I could go the Minmus without having to wait for a better departure using less fuel.

screenshot89.png

screenshot97.png

screenshot100.png

I continued to build the station and got 2 Kerbals to stay up there. One of them will take a lander that can mine Karbonite on Minmus and fuel the station temporarily.

Today I took my transfer/rescue craft up to the station on my testing save to deliver struts and a new crew member to the station, more so to make sure it could make it to the station without a problem. While it did get up there without a problem it did take more fuel due to the wait of the extra struts and container to haul up there, and maybe the extra crew member added in more weight to the craft as well. Docking was a breeze for this small craft, but a bit disorienting as the docking port is under the cockpit. Now all that is left is to grab the stranded Kerbal in orbit and return to Kerbin.

34qr03k.png

Today, i enforce KE wiz Moar struts !!

Struts are here

2A18C37B7EECE6186CC411ABE081280D44AFBA8F

and go somewhere here

50780DFF484E82795856AAA12832B0B306AD4492

6A1F69669BEC7D88B4FE0568D3615C88499EA84D

First EVA end

A2FE1DEF6972BEE0EF5364E3D9BEB7AE607E02BF

First EVA result

493BE1F5CC9A53EA135CEAB69FC5AE85268489E0

As i have lots of move to do, i decide to move back the tug for putting all struts on.

One of the microwaves arm have a few degree to correct, that's the occasion

6C4577226CF9E5E84A2AA907BD909ABF34684DA0

Once done, tug move in position to dock wiz last unwanted structural enforcer, permit a topbay flyby, containing a mapsat

10DABBD947C7CBDD851431D93BDA687B4939232B

KE is a huge mapsat (a little too big for that task :D), this mapsat is preview to be launch in polar orbit, while KE stay in more equatorial orbit, "enhancing" map acquisition. Mapsat will be catch back once map done.

Once docked, Jeb take back structural enforcer's struts before desorbit them

31297AC59D265FD5FB966C3A4B47FF74E1727F34

FF3EA2797C925405E2B52B7F8C9E974D58A36BB6

AB26D20A3B9615CEE509C69E3CBEDC891932733A

Only 100m/s dV between a 150km Pe, and a 30km Pe !! didnt realize that so few :D

Now tug docked at back, wiz all struts on, really close to their final position, easying next step of job

67A8A0E6F1EA99FEC6395AAF19A85E0509DF6E70

7AA4F7D914F251153F19F90C3D4D9D7FD3438E1C

Edited by FacialJack

...but holy water lag batman!...

Have you tried the water lag repellant bat spray?

Finally i pulled my old space station from low Kerbin orbit to Duna orbit. And i tested the "Duna Turtle I-P4" (model 1, Passenger edition for 4 Kerbals) service shuttle

in sandbox simulation, which will serve as a transport system between the orbital station and ground base... It comes down nice and easy, lifts off like a charm, but

it flies like the control stick is strutted to the console by some insane space tape abuser... This needs some more attention in the SPH.

d59YGAG.png

Made a new transit vehicle (with some sweet stage separation):

cGk6jMa.png

Then I did a mission to the Vallhenge (which went swimmingly):

usfWYMs.png

Go5yfhu.png

5ZTZ95j.png

And a mission to Eeloo (which was an ongoing train wreck of horribly-botched maneuvers, yet I somehow managed to make it down to the surface in one piece):

MKTOYcI.png

So, that done, I went home and messed about with some U-2oid powered gliders with Pwings/B9 and FAR.

TDs4D5O.png

Planes with gigantic wingspan are so much fun but are very hard to land when you forget the speed brakes.

Anyway, on holiday and installed the KSP demo on the tablet.

KSP... on a tablet? What? :confused:*

Anyway, had to reinstall KSP because it was getting slow from all the mods. Cheated all the science and launched a probe and Jebediah into orbit. I've installed Fine Print, but all I'm getting is part test contracts...

Also, reentered the closest to the KSC I've ever gotten on any save over the course of eight updates.

VpXpFbP.png

*Quote emphasis mine

Edited by The Jedi Master