What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I finally just landed on the moon. Yay me!

Talk about a steep learning curve. Lol took forever

Edit: Back successfully! 490 science and only one dead Kerbal. Could have been worse.

If you only killed one Kerbal, you did exceptionally well (or you didn't try hard enough, depending on your perspective).

Well, after failing miserably to catch a tater (class C plowed into Kerbin's atmosphere with my poor little intercept craft plunging in just before it), I decided to try my hand at building a Tex_NL-style hub and spoke circular space station. Around MÂÂÂÂÂÂun. I've got the hub, two of the spokes and one ring segment in place so far; the station isn't done yet but I'll probably do some screenies of it when it's all said and done. I'll just say that docking those spokes has been a first class pain in my backside so far (first one ran out of monoprop prior to docking; fortunately I had put RCS capabilities on the hub for that very contingency. The spokes really don't like to steer...needs moar reaction wheels, methinks. The first ring segment was also fun; realized once I was in orbit that I hadn't put any solar panels on the craft anywhere. Fortunately I had loaded the thing with batteries so I had something like 5000 electricity - docked with 800 some-odd remaining...

Had the notion this morning to try to do a sphere station once I'm done with this one. I don't know how well that'll work out just yet, nor how to test it, but it'd look pretty freakin' cool if I could pull it off...

Wasted 1.3 million credit on an new class of ships. A lander with a extraplanetary shipyard with the piping for kethane converter the wrong way and not enough fuel to get back into orbit.

WBwbZv0.png

Might make an lander with rover wheels, a fuel tank and a claw to refuel so I can get it back to KSC for refund.

I went on an intense dragon adventure!

A few people asked me how those dragons I built before actually worked. This would be it.

(That's not my real voice, by the way. I just thought it would be fun to pitch it down for this video.)

LOL, had been more avesome to make an version who was flyable with gravity, infinityglide and clipping would be legal

guess it would look cool reentering.

Just finished to remake the Saturn C-5 with the Apollo mission.

HKqzcfT.png

urgHGjK.png

6z3WDh3.png

I actually put in orbit (with about 2.4km/s of dV left in the 3rd stage) The double of the payload that i need for land on the moon! This is the rocket that I like the most! Might look awful compared to the actual Saturn V, but I put alot of effort for make everything match to the real rocket.

Oooh shiny, I like the models of those engine, I might someday download your part pack if I have the time to play the game.

As for today, I didn't really play KSP on my computer, but I had a strange dream about it, that counts as playing the game, right?

I continued my new plan to park a small transfer station at every minor body in the solar system. A larger station will go to each main body. Since those are much more expensive and take longer to assemble, I have moved to parking the small stations for now to collect that contract dough.

I replaced my Mun station with one, then sent one to Minmus. I started one toward IKE (about 50 days out now) and sent one to Gilly. Gilly is a tricky one, but I made it. Then I decided I can probably land with just RCS on my little tug, and it worked. Took a bit to redock with the transfer station.

I have the parts for a new Duna station in orbit, awaiting construction and docking of the engine pods. Aptly I have named the two ships, Phobos and Deimos.

screenshot121.jpg

The rumble of the four NERVAs faded to a murmur, then a whisper, and finally silence as the needle on the thrust gauge dropped to zero. "And shutdown," Shepbald Kerman announced to his fellow kerbonaut and, more importantly, to those listening back at KSC. He checked the topside camera out of habit; the AGU (or as practically everyone called it, "the Klaw") was still dug securely into the surface of Kerbin's newest satellite, which had been given the provisional designation "D-1" until the astronomers could decide on a proper name.

Hundreds of kilometers away, in the Big Room, CAPCOM keyed his mike. "Copy that, Garuda. Looks good from here. Stand by for confirmation." He looked up at the giant wall map, where the spacecraft's path across the face of the blue and green planet was traced out in a glowing sine wave. Two rows behind him, flight director Gene Kerman was asking the kerbs over at the tracking station for the same thing.

"Yes... yes... that's done it, Flight. The asteroid is now in a nearly perfect polar orbit. Inclination 89.99 degrees, apoapsis 539.07 kilometers, periapsis 537.72... eccentricity only a tenth of a percent."

"Great to hear, guys. I'll pass it along."

"How soon until they can cast off and go after the other one?"

Gene almost choked on his coffee. "What other one?"

"The other one" turned out to be JBM-978, a fairly average class-C space rock, 8 meters across and a mere 90 tons, give or take, compared to the 300+ ton monster that Garuda had just finished pushing into its new orbit. (That orbit happened to be nearly retrograde to the newcomer's, making interception theoretically easy but an actual rendezvous practically impossible.) It was coming in from a very high inclination, almost straight "up", and hadn't been spotted until after Garuda was launched, let alone during the weeks when the asteroid-redirect mission was being planned. And in mere days, it was going to hit Kerbin.

They ran the numbers over and over, but there was just no way. Garuda had been refueled just before its last maneuver, and still had nearly full tanks, but even that wouldn't be enough delta-V to completely reverse direction and intercept the second target. Nor could a second rocket, even if launched in the next few hours, match orbits and catch up, let alone significantly alter its doomed course, in the time left before impact; the interval was just too short, the parabola too steep. The only hope that the scientists could offer was that it probably wouldn't be too bad - a class-C was definitely on the large side for a meteor, but even though the technology had only recently been developed to track them, it was believed that a few such objects (along with many smaller ones) encountered Kerbin every year, burning up in the atmosphere or landing in remote areas. With no other options, the program's administrators clung to this assurance... while making discreet calls to the authorities, worrying about the future of the program if the news was bad, and drinking heavily.

A dozen hours later, JBM-978 entered Kerbin's atmosphere somewhere over the equator, traced a sizzling arc across the clear blue tropical sky... and detonated spectacularly but almost harmlessly 23 kilometers above the ocean, giving the citizens of nearby ____________ [a small port city located at 19°00' S, 35°30' W] quite a show and breaking some windows. In the media circus that followed, the administrators pretended that they'd known this all along, while dropping enough hints about what might have happened - say, if it had been the larger asteroid they'd just successfully captured - to secure additional funding.

Edited by Commander Zoom

Today i separate the complete front section from KE, cauz it was a bad design, due to too big distance between ramp and albatros, pushing fuel mass too out of trust vector. I will send another updated one later, but want try a KE burn wizout that weight.

KE front section separation

3C531344E3C33CDFF12F7C8B518C2C606A8B342D

Albatros deploying wings

97CBE10CA6621E57E0C06B29E1C1A6E769D6524B

Solar panel ensure half of ionnic engines power, rest is done wiz microwave small receivers

79A4C82B4299644A22DEFAF1462EF20474F13CC0

Bwaaahhhh !!

688C9E7BC1C6C10DC853361F64AC26B456EFA805

Bye KE

606E34EFC0095E89E4F1C17458F8A64FE7F6CABE

Albatros reentry

1A929C0C1658DE5DC06347CB19CF3CB941F639B1

562D9115A661127F4C6B73C0FDB71FF0CD793A7C

Ejecting ramp, which open chutes

37F8DA51F9DFA8E32BE70B2D993F6709067837CF

Both landing wizout breaks ! ramp was save by space scooters chutes, still docked :D

0D984FF72804F2AF177B85AC3A98957813814081

EDIT: WTF !! Watching the pics after posting, i just realize that i havnt think about switching the main command pod and the albatros ramp, pushing that supplementary weight just in Trust vector !! i surely will try it :D

Edited by FacialJack

Had a really frustrating day trying to get a spaceplane into orbit. If I can manage it, it'll revolutionise "Rescue kerbonaut" missions. However, getting the balance between low mass and sufficient fuel is proving . . troublesome.

Had a really frustrating day trying to get a spaceplane into orbit. If I can manage it, it'll revolutionise "Rescue kerbonaut" missions. However, getting the balance between low mass and sufficient fuel is proving . . troublesome.

the solution: ignore mass, more engines, bigger wings.