What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

So after my first failed attempt at landing Moho last night left me discouraged with my design that I almost sent Bill back home, but I am stubborn and thought I would do it a different way and see if I could land. Now Bill is down on Moho safe and sound. Not only that the lander currently has 1.5 grand of dv left to leave the surface, I hope that is enough :blush:.

zUdeB6Z.png

Bill also wanted to stare at the sun for a few seconds, and now he is complaining about not being able to see....anything.

RkK9fEp.png

I was rather please how it landed, but I am also confused as to why I couldn't do this yesterday. No matter this is ready to be put into service now! LOL

Edited by Liowen

I flew sideways >.<

OcvOS6b.png

It was such a great idea in the planning phase: go up to Julia and stick these little parachute modules on the Mainsails so I can recover them. Unfortunately I forgot that attaching payloads sideways throws one's center of thrust WAY off and makes for a big headache. In the end I had to spin the ship around really fast like a gyroscope to stabilize it while performing the deorbit burns.

Finished mapping Eeloo. Yay. Next (and final) will be Jool and its moons... that will complete the Kerbin system for me. While that's happening, I'll wrap up my missions on Mun and Minmus. And then? Maybe I'll toss a coin - in or out. lol

KlutzyCandidAlaskanmalamute.gif

http://www.gfycat.com/KlutzyCandidAlaskanmalamute#

Infernal robotics, tweak scale and mech jeb were used....

same thing as a helicopter, except theres only giant blade, and tip jets on the other side to push it. a servo controls the angle of attack on the blade allowing for precise altitude control.

moving forward and turning is achieved using reaction wheels to tip the craft in the needed direction.

in its current state it flies pretty well, but i need to learn to fly it - if i push it too hard the whole flies apart under the stress.

Still waiting for my memory chips to arrive from Canada. Couldn't play last night on account of being on parental watch - my kid was a royal turd at school yesterday, apparently - but I did get a second to tweak KSP's configuration file ala pre 0.24 for low-end boxes. I'll try it out tonight (with luck) to see if I can eke out enough performance from it to land a plane safely. Next week needs to hurry up and get here.

today I have finally unlocked landing wheels so that I can use that dirty old runway that was just standing next to my space center. I have designed new survey plane called NX Beta (yeah, Star Trek fan here) and I have tested it (partially)successfully. Test objectives were:

1. Take off from KSC runway and fly to the island - PASSED

2. Land on island runway - MISSED, came too fast and I had to abort

3. Take off from island runway - N/A due to not completing 2.

4. Land back at KSC runway - I have succeeded in landing, but couldn't keep the plane in one piece.

I will probably have to remove parachutes that I have added for emergency landing so that I am back below 30 parts limit so that I can add some airbrakes

I've got a Duna station sat in LKO, ready to fulfill a contract over there, and already having netted me some funds for a contract to build a station around Kerbin. LKO is now looking really busy - there's a mapping probe for Ike, another for Duna, a surface probe for each (though those are on the same transfer stage), the aforementioned station and a mapping probe for Eve (with a small surface probe stuck on the launcher).

Currently got no interesting contracts to take, shedloads of funds and science, and a ~100 day wait until four transfer burns to the Duna system. Not much to do but sit back and warp, I guess.

Tiny bit more work on the fuel-tank pack I'm working on. I need to make a few 3.75m tanks, and it should be good to go soon after.

The goal here is to make some larger tanks, with a few different aesthetic choices, for making boosters. It's designed to cooperate and extend from the Color Coded Canisters style, and provide some larger-than-stock tanks with stock balance. So the tanks are all 1.5x the height of the largest stock tank at each diameter, with the goal of mildly helping with part-count. (if you're like me, your booster sections rarely end up using a single tank, and usually are at least 1.5x the largest tank's size).

http://www.necrobones.net/screenshots/KSP/KSP%202015-01-20%2018-43-26-29.jpg

http://www.necrobones.net/screenshots/KSP/KSP%202015-01-20%2018-44-25-19.jpg

This is almost release-worthy now, with 3.75m tanks/cones added.

KSP%202015-01-22%2015-09-30-68.jpg

This is almost release-worthy now, with 3.75m tanks/cones added.

http://www.necrobones.net/screenshots/KSP/KSP%202015-01-22%2015-09-30-68.jpg

I love the nosecone tanks, it gives them a purpose and look great. I am also enjoying the MRS pack especially the adapters with fuels, they need to put this in the game. Still waiting for the jumbo landing legs :D . (I would give rep but it says I cannot give you more, so +rep when I can :blush: )

I love the nosecone tanks, it gives them a purpose and look great. I am also enjoying the MRS pack especially the adapters with fuels, they need to put this in the game. Still waiting for the jumbo landing legs :D . (I would give rep but it says I cannot give you more, so +rep when I can :blush: )

Awesome! Well, I did add some long landing legs in MRS not too long ago. Still trying to think of a good beefy design for SpaceY too.