What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I'm on the Elcano as well... taking the scenic route.

Dunno if this is a bad plan, we'll find out! :D

http://i.imgur.com/ZparVXK.png

oh boy :P i know what its like getting over those mountains in my craft good luck man :)

mind if i get a download link to the craft your using to see how it travels?

If ya want a look at the craft im using here is a download link

http://www./download/iq89mt37ce26mon/Jet+ATV+mk7.craft

As awesome as the entries are, I can't help but wish someone would follow my style and go with a tiny rover, instead of those giant monsters :P

But tiny rovers are easy to make! :P

Do you know how long it took to set this thing up?! :0.0:

A day of intermittent planning, then an hour and a half of building, then a few hours of runtime, then tweaking... the list goes on and on. :)

It's getting there!

7PTycUK.png

@Roflcopterkklol: Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqsbmg8fzs67ehh/CRN-01A%20Spirion.craft?dl=0

I'd not suggest any faster than 60 m/s on hilly terrain, preferably 50 m/s or even 40, and no faster than 81 on the sea. (About 1/2 throttle)

Had an irritating (if quite amusing) accident.

Spent around a hour setting up a SSTMunO launcher and ion spaceplane combo (did you know - using the Structural pylon and M-Beam 200 I-Beam gives just enough clearance of the Delta wing so no clipping occurs) anyway, climbing up to a nice 180000 orbit when I impacted into a small satellite I made for a contract :/ the satellite wasn't even on the same inclination!

ah well, serves as a reminder to me to check the map for passing satellites on the way up.

I finished up my last (or final, rather) 0.90 mission. An Eve Rocks attempt with a sea level return lander. Had to cut it short because the original mission plan was flawed. But I managed to get back to Kerbin without any quicksave, recorded it and then reloaded the quicksave from Eve's surface. Got to try again with some adjustments to finish the mission as it was intended.

The picture shows the lander entering back into the mothership.

57JCH4S.png

I have a new post for my Deeply Duna mission plan (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113541-Deeply-Duna-Permanent-Outpost-Mission-Architecture-6-Free-Fuel-%21%21)

It covers the development and testing of Mars like fuel manufacture on Duna via the Duna Direct mod that is modeled on the Mars Direct mission plan, there are links to details and a Zubrin video. I'm going to take things one step further than Mars Direct by 'exporting fuel from Duna to Kerbin' - 1900 + 700 = 2600 m/s vs 4500 m/s - it'd be crazy not to!

here is a BigSab at Duna Dawn, 3.7 seconds from impact, going 21 m/s, 4 of 7 engines shutdown, with 76 m/s worth of fuel on board (only needed 50...)

mfRcG9T.png?1

Do all four wheels on the grocery cart work properly, or is there always one that jags around and throws your cart off its normal course?

LOL

I finished recovering all my manned missions - LKO is cluttered with used transfer stages. Landed the final two in style and in homage to stock aero:

My rather cool Laythe spaceplane turned into an infiniglider now that its fuel was almost exhausted, so I turned it around at about 2,000 meters to kill horizontal velocity (and prevent it from keep gliding into the sea), to which the aircraft not only turned (I know, surprising) but kept falling like a leaf at about 6 m/s of vertical speed

My Eeloo rover, finishing its 8 years 21 days mission, including a two hours stay over at Eeloo' surface, dropped into the atmosphere at a 70° angle or so, withstanding some 12G of deceleration and used the soupsphere to slow down before firing its engines for a powered descend, because I didn't pack any chutes in it and didn't feel like sending a spaceplane in a rescue mission to LKO.

Then again, my returning Jool ships made aerobreak maneuvers withstanding some 32 Gs - I wonder how I'm going to pull such missions with reentry effects, specially since the heat shields would have already been used at Jool and Laythe

Posted the next update in my on-going mission reports for Ad Lunam. Along with that update came some peaks at designs that I will likely not carry over into KSP v1.0. Things that I've been working on since at least January but could never get to work completely right. Ex: Academy Station, seen below:

20150423_ksp0246_acad.jpg

Another shot, not seen in the update:

20150424_ksp0256_acad.jpg

I've been trying to build a rotating cylindrical / barrel station (or whatever the proper nomenclature is) for most of KSP 0.25 and 0.90 with no success. Some may remember a post I made on reddit in February (album link) about a launch where "suddenly everything went wrong". Well, I've got these designs for a station that simply come unglued between 4km and 8km above the launchpad no matter what I do, and also don't take kindly to being persistence-file-edited into orbit.... which is immensely frustrating.

Academy Station was the end-goal of those designs, and no matter how what I tried I couldn't get what I wanted to work. Minimum population was to be at least 3,000 kerbals (which I met in the end), but the early ones were in the several tens of thousands of kerbal range. Sure, I'd never in one lifetime be able to get that many kerbals into orbit, but that was the goal. And this was the usual result:

20150424_ksp0181_acad.jpg

20150424_ksp0199_acad.jpg

Sometimes it didn't even make it off the launchpad before it accordion-ed in on itself:

20150424_ksp0207_acad.jpg

20150424_ksp0210_acad.jpg

No amounts of struts would fix this - and adding more seemed to actually make the issue worse. At one point I found some "part count limit" bug caused by either KSP or one of the plugins I use, where once above 6km the camera would get "stuck," acting like it does when going below the water. This was somewhere around 2048 parts I think. (Or maybe it was a mass limit bug?) And part-welding was out of the question, as I was intent on using stock-only parts for this. So I had to keep trimming and cutting back until I had something that worked. That something is what you see in the update.

Still, I was aiming for a station more like this:

20150208_ksp0084_acad.jpg

Maybe later. Maybe once I do a clean restart in KSP v1.0. Or maybe never. We'll see. All I know is it definitely won't make it into Ad Lunam.

Cheers.

I started playing Career, and let me tell you, I love playing SpaceX and placing sats where they go, and getting a bunch of science in the process. I need to upgrade my R&D facility, as I have 466 science and can't unlock anything yet! Time to place more sats!

Bringing my fellow Kerbs home. Space planes, Deep space stations, and whatever can theoretically land. Crews currently loading snacks and his and hers towels......

vlXThLx.jpg

lysmIjz.jpg

xjkP5JH.jpg

vzd3TKy.jpg

SXlWtTh.jpg

Edited by sumrex

I decided to build an airliner so that I could compare how it works in 0.90 vs. 1.0.

It can carry 24 passengers (and 2 pilots). A test flight managed to get 166° around Kerbin.

The C724 Airliner:

WRRsE6B.jpg

Edited by Brotoro

The perfect suicide burn from high Duna orbit to direct Ike surface. Landing surface speed was just slightly above 1m/s, I dont think I can pull that off again (mainly because it was a probe mission, with remote control 2)