What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Managed to bug a tourist to be a fulltime "honorary" Kerbalnaut.

P2sfcNg.jpg

His contract failed when the rocket flipped on re-entry and his column broke away from the body with the chute deployed. Apparently his pod survived and i was able to recover it with him in it.

Ok ... so ... after around 3k 4k /played i think that's the first time i really make a plane and go to the pole ; ) nevermind ;) taht's cool and i love it ; )

http://i.imgur.com/IW0ZRpl.jpg

Wow, that is very much nearly the same design I did for my Bumblebee. The first jet with 1.0 that I had working. Imagine that, independently designed, same result.

Made an SSTO.

qCr65fTl.png

Flew a plane. There is nothing wrong with it.

5unD9Eal.png

Nothing at all.

J69Qv47l.png

Launched... this thing.

yOhk4Xll.png

Practiced lithobreaking.

dP0qM2Zl.png

Made a metronome.

4COcWEx.gif

Then decided I'd go somewhere really fast.

n3Aqmfml.png

I did my first Mun landing in the new career save that I started after 1.0 dropped. I went though a number of designs that didn't work, what with the unupgraded VAB only allowing me 30 parts, but I eventually managed it. The trick to saving the parts was having the first stage consist entirely of the biggest SRBs. The SRBs could get me out of the atmosphere, at a good velocity, which is a big improvement on the previous attemts, which had to have the final stage do circularization. The previous ones could land on the moon, but couldn't get back.

YpxgKzR.png

Is it normal that I am generating 4 LF+O a second? Sustained (never runs out of ore/power*)?

oYsTQmk.png

*Does not work at night, that amount of fuel cells would require 3 times the amount of fuel this generates, alternatively it could work with ~600 RTGs, without generators it would need ~11600 2.5 meter batteries to last the night

Edited by RocketPilot573

Today I learned how to make a decent jet.

6fi7tXf.jpg

Also, the steam screenshot key is the same as the aerodynamic forces key. Regardless of the aerodynamic qualities, I'm a sucker for the triple engines and diamond wing. Also, this is the first thing controllable enough that I felt comfortable not putting parachutes on it.

I also learned how not to make a testbed for combined jet/rocket propulsion. I needed to fulfill a contract to test the Wheesleys at 400 m/s above 10K, and those engines gave out at 11K even with a plane made of intakes.

MMHEaSY.jpg

I had to play around with the weight a LOT just to get it not to flip with the added rocket fuel, and it turns out that putting jet engines that close to own wings stands a very good chance of making the plane shake itself apart. Fortunately, I also discovered the joys of overengineering: I overbuilt that plane so much it could fly and land on the rear jets alone. Got a cool 20 Science from the Astronaut complex by it. New rule discovered: Any craft manned by Kerbals will have something to put under the ABORT tab, most likely emergency engine shutdown + parachutes.

I also planted a flag at KSC so I'd have something to target during re-entry planning, and I got this monster into orbit. Launch vehicle:

j06Ngpg.jpg

Final product:

D1pOPcX.jpg

Yes, that is three of the biggest Rockomax fuel tank. And it's a space station with engines to travel other places, a high battery capacity, and attachment modules for other miracles of technology. I needed to build a space station for a contract, so I figured I should build something I'd definitely be able to use later on even if it meant brute-forcing a huge payload into orbit.

More testing with BD Armorys ai pilots. 2v2 dogfight.

Say, I've gotten into that a bit too - would you like to play with my MiG-31? I just finished it today - comes in both BD-armed and stock variants.

QFvUj2V.jpg