What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today I did a bunch of stuff, but as with yesterday, I played for too long to remember it all.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I did some flying to visit a couple of anomalies on Kerbin, specifically the desert pyramids and the other space station. Man, flying distances on Kerbin is boring. x) I also did a couple of orbital stations around the sun for some easy cash flow. Got the science-for-funds strategy at 90%. I only lack a couple thousand science to complete the tree, and I still have lots to explore on the Mun and other planets, but meh. Transfer windows are far ahead, and biome jumping gets boring. I got a contract for bringing a sun station with 5000 ore, 7500 electricity, lab, ISRU and eight kerbals. Spent some time on that one, it was fun. Really heavy, and I didn't want to spend too much money on unrecoverable stuff. Contract itself paid about 1.3 mill or so, so it was worthwile.

Also sent a couple of probes to Moho, and a rover, but I didn't really think through my plan. I'm afraid they will arrive with so much velocity that they will need 5k deltaV just to orbit. Oh well, they were cheap. :)

Lastly I built some planes, messed around with a flying saucer, and finished with making a light mk2 craft that is very agile and fast. Don't have the stats in my head, but it goes 1.2k m/s at sea level (until it starts to explode, haven't tried with cheats yet). Very fun to fly by KSC at mach 2.5 only 10 meters from the buildings. :) No pics though, KSP keeps crashing from time to time.

Played around with making replica's for a while as I gear up for doing the Apollo Applications challenge. I figured I'd start the save file off with Mercury and Gemini before moving up to Apollo.

[url=]http://imgur.com/gallery/U1UpE

And since I haven't figured out how to embed the albumb properly yet:

Here's Bob and Bill launching the Little Joe test rocket.

reI9iWHl.jpg

fi4FJwkl.jpg

Running Gemini next, then I'll try to get Mission reports up for them.

Over the last few days i built my first successful SSTO spaceplane in 1.0.2.

I am still trying to get it as small as i could do it in KSP .90, but it slowly comes together.

wx00FWz.png

And i began (and finished) construction of my 150 km 45° Inc orbiting science spacestation "Argus One".

Launching station parts:

Now that i do got used to the new aerodynamics, i love launching rockets more than ever... :)

5mhqc7w.png

And the assembled station from different angles:

Finally it makes sense to have a science station in orbit :)

NnbYXow.png

3a9SilH.png

And a closeup:

Not easy to dock those 3-way symmetry trusses, but they are quite robust, IF thy connect correctly (otherwise the station experiences kerbal style wobble deluxe - took a few f5/f9s)

T6Aw4UV.png

My passenger SSTO lost its nose cone during aerobraking on return from Minmus. Rather than just rescue the passengers and abandon the ship, I thought I'd try using KIS to repair it.

LbiF05b.jpg?1

I still had an old Mark III expendable rocket partly-built in my KCT inventory, so I put a replacement nose section in place of the LES and sent it up with Jeb, Val, and an engineer called Wenrine to rendezvous with the SSTO.

gfUOBhh.jpg?1

It took a little experimenting (since I couldn't control the EVA jets while manipulating the parts) but after a few tries Wenrine managed to bolt the new nose section and avionics cone onto the front of the SSTO.

xEcyUsO.jpg?1

Good as new. Both ships landed back at KSC with no further trouble.

HUbJwIZ.png

Built an asteroid harvesting station over Kerbin. It should serve until I can get an ISRU station over Minmus, a fuel depot into Kerbin orbit, and a fuel transport to transfer stuff between the two.

Needs more solar panels though. The conveter takes a lot of electricity.