What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today I've sent 2 probes and one rover with destination Dres. The probes are planned to land near the poles, for the Rover I still have to find a suitable spot. The latter also carries two satellites to deploy in Dres orbit.

The three crafts have got a manoeuvre node to adjust their inclination in about 30 days.

Meanwhile a transfer window for Jool is due in 20 days. Plans are being unfolded to explore the joolian system. A probe to land and float on the oceans of Laythe has already been tested and is waiting in orbit to do its burn. There is probably going to be a rover to explore Vall.

Closer to home, I've brought back two Kerbals from the surface of Mun to the Mun station.

Managed to reach Eeloo on my fourth attempt. Got my rover probe landed, very happy with myself.

cKlSEFN.jpg

It's a lonely place

L5NS2R5.jpg

Chances are it'll stay that way. My current standard transfer stage can only just reach Eeloo with a probe lander, Kerbals won't be going until I can bring them back.

I have created a big, driving robot duck and landed it on Duna. Mission went succesful. :D

So one might say that it went...

(•_•)

( •_•)>âŒÂâ– -â– 

(âŒÂâ– _â– )

...swimmingly.

I found out what happens when you overload the game with mods..

32 bit game memory issue. :P

Turned out i was already at the limit of what the game could use and then I introduced another parts mod. :P

Launched a new fancy mobile fuel tank to my main mun base.

Just as i was coming in for landing 2km away from the base the game crashed.

Restarted ksp reloaded save and tried again

The same happened, just as it started to load up the base.

Slightly annoyed i figured i'll leave it in orbit docked to my mun station until i could figure out what the problem was.

Same problem, as soon as the station loaded, ksp crashed.

So i brought up the task manager and it turned out ksp was trying to use more memory than it could.

(it broke down at 3.7gb) (Thought the 32bit limit was supposed to be 4?)

So I've spent a couple of hours removing non essential parts from half the mods I've been using.

Still pretty close to the limit as i'm constantly above 3gb use while a game is loaded.

Hoping for a 64 bit release soon so i can continue the overuse of lots of mods.

I have an Eeloo window in a couple of days, so I thought I'd send a scanner even though I have no plans to actually drop in there. Whatever, any excuse to throw things out of a plane.

9533296958_31f6736ce3_c.jpg

Put the sat in an 800km/80km parking orbit to cut down the burn when the window arrives.

9533300112_ec86a36953_c.jpg

Short final, leading to a clean landing.

9533301984_253c3442cb_c.jpg

Still haven't quite mastered the art of building large spaceplanes that don't need to land with some ballast fuel :(

I found out what happens when you overload the game with mods..

32 bit game memory issue. :P

Turned out i was already at the limit of what the game could use and then I introduced another parts mod. :P

Launched a new fancy mobile fuel tank to my main mun base.

Just as i was coming in for landing 2km away from the base the game crashed.

Restarted ksp reloaded save and tried again

The same happened, just as it started to load up the base.

Slightly annoyed i figured i'll leave it in orbit docked to my mun station until i could figure out what the problem was.

Same problem, as soon as the station loaded, ksp crashed.

So i brought up the task manager and it turned out ksp was trying to use more memory than it could.

(it broke down at 3.7gb) (Thought the 32bit limit was supposed to be 4?)

So I've spent a couple of hours removing non essential parts from half the mods I've been using.

Still pretty close to the limit as i'm constantly above 3gb use while a game is loaded.

Hoping for a 64 bit release soon so i can continue the overuse of lots of mods.

There's some overhead associated with it, and all it takes at 3.7GB is for the game to run some additional maintenance routines to drive it past the point at which the engine freaks out because it's been told to store stuff past that accessible space, and now it's ticked off because it can't find the information it's looking for. Cue the overflow.

There is a 64-bit version of Unity out there, but it's not a main release (yet, I hope), but even after it's released, we'd still have to wait for Squad to update KSP to use it, and I'll bet that's a pretty hefty order.

I modified my workhorse Mun lander + Rover to be lighter, carry more fuel and recieve more solar energy, in preparation for a mission to Eeloo.

I also did the final (7/7) rendezvous to dock with a large drive stage I've assembled for a 2-man landing-return mission to Moho.

I didn't actually get time to do much today... :( I did make a couple variants of my favorite rover design, and I kept working on my unnamed interplanetary ship that'll carry 20 Kerbals to Jool. Anyone have cool name ideas?

kKvYtGA.jpg

9rieXdI.jpg

How about Zeus?,Jool is the Jupiter analogue Zeus is the Greek Jupiter.

Don't have many pictures but my Grand tour ship nears completion.

A1Le1PI.png?1

(Testing the lander,Won't be able to do Eve,Lathe or return to Tylo orbit only has 4.5 km so another ship will be used)

Edit:Universe replacer Probably the best mod out there http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v3-2

Edited by Spartwo

I landed Module Three of I-C Base, the first extraplanetary establishment. It's on a plateau in the highlands of Minmus, with a permanent crew of five who all love Minmus like a giant snack. Both of my precision landings were made there, as the science platform and the Hab module.

Came home early and figured I'd put some more work into MOMS. With the Munproof 2 mission a success, it was time to move on to Munproof 3 - sending a crew to the Mun and back in a lander we could actually re-use. Oh, and picking up Bill and Bob who had gotten themselves stuck out there. The MOMS had returned to Kerbin and was refitted with a crew habitat and a lander shuttle. Both payloads and the Orbital Assistance Module (OAM) which maneuvered them around were launched on a single Munshine V.

oKVrTC7.png

Once the payload was joined to the MOMS, it just needed crew and fuel. The experimental Crew Transfer Vehicle (CTV) sent up four Kerbonauts, among them the invincible Jebediah (having just miraculously recovered from stowing away on a doomed Munophant prototype) and a fella by the name of Chuck who just has "maverick test pilot" written all over him.

8QmnliI.png

FSN1pvf.png

zwwfinC.jpg

Once the crew was aboard, MOMS was refueled by an unmanned tanker and then set off for the Mun. During the long coast over there, Jeb never tired of boring Chuck to tears over just how many times he'd been killed in inventive ways.

ok5iIL9.png

0TXHtBt.jpg

Meanwhile, Jack piloted the CTV back down to Kerbin. It de-orbited fine and deployed three good chutes. Jack has yet to explain how he came to land only the command pod, but Wayfare engineers are clamoring for more struts.

IV29xDs.png

4E4jibJ.png

67LnXVE.png

MOMS made it to the Mun just fine. Once there, Jeb and Chuck transferred to the shuttle and picked up Bill from the Munproof base. Jeb and Bill's reuniting was heartwarming until mission control told them to stop shouting "Duuuuude!" over the comms.

NhNyJJv.png

p9XmNm2.png

Y5KK9Xe.png

Time to get Bob out of the Munophant.

ybdGzYA.png

fOBZxLt.png

yidaj1m.png

With all the crew back together, the shuttle will come back to MOMS and she will take them back to Kerbin. Meanwhile, Jack will be debriefed and Wayfare AE&KA will develop a CTV that will actually land a full crew safe(ish)ly back on terra firma.

I started work on a Tylo/Laythe lightweight lander. Since it has enough dV to get to orbit with a Kerbal on it (and weighs about 6 tons), I hope it can do it. It seems to be about 2km/s to land on Tylo, and then another 2k to get to orbit again, so the 4.5km/s needed for Kerbin (plus a bit in the EVA jetpack) should be enough. If it can get off Kerbin, it can also get off Laythe, so I don't need to worry about that.

I made a plane that can travel Mach 10

After a couple of redesigns...

w00JsM3.jpg

Hitting max speed

gSE8uru.png

Design 2 was a Manta Ray with a booster on the end of it.

mkN8c7R.jpg

Design 3 was a X15 styled craft.

BKd2KsI.jpg

Which destroyed that Mach 10 barrier

DybGbcD.jpg

Ahahah! Is your precious Rainbow Dash still the fastest thing around? MWAHAHAHAHAH