and going:

uqipjSzh.png

1000 tonnes fully fuelled in LKO.

8500m/s dV

192 passenger seats

16 crew berths.

Cargo bays for stores, lander and flying maintenance Klaw

Only 2,700,000 funds on the launchpad!

Unfortunately, my policy of "No nukes in atmosphere" meant an absurd collection of chemical engines to get it up there:

tDZK4ush.png

I took it for a shakedown flight to the Mun but haven't been anywhere serious with it yet.

*The 'QV I' suffered a 'spontaneous existence failure' (i.e. KSP crashed). Fortunately the crew survived but they can't offer a rational explanation as to how they got back to KSC or what they did with the ship.

Experimenting with mods in 1.0.4, made my first orbit in 64K!

A first try with Val came up short (trajectory was too low, aborted at about 3,000 m/s and 70 km), so Dragon's Dove II was launched with Jeb aboard for a second attempt.

WcwtTkm.jpg?1

"Godspeed, Jebediah Kerman!"

vhHeazI.jpg?1

Boosters gone.

T9cLwLb.jpg?2

Second stage is cryogenic to save some weight.

uoya8Uk.jpg?1

Third stage/service module.

KyRAsR3.jpg?1

Orbit achieved! 170x170 km with about 50 m/s left in the service module, plus 100 in the retro-rockets.

SxqOTXx.jpg?1

Retro fire. (The retro-rockets double as a launch escape system, hence the lack of an escape tower. The same system was in fact used to abort the previous launch.)

ZcCFlAK.jpg?1

Reentry at 6 km/sec.

XEZX0Vp.jpg?1

Splashdown. The extra force from jettisoning the service module caused the landing to be about 100 km long, but other than that a successful mission!

It was a very satisfying flight, I haven't been so pleased with myself just for making orbit since the demo. Giving some serious thought to trying a 64K career mode once I've finished tying up the loose ends in my old 1.0.2 save.

Successfull test of my new stock "B.O.B" (Bunch Of Bananas) ISRU Mammoth SSTO Explorer !

dM5HJey.jpg

LKO with 1300m/s left...

k37dkFM.jpg

Just enough to land on Minmus...

DqVxaXT.jpg

And Refuel :)

KonKP4I.jpg

Will try a SSTO "almost Gran Tour" (all but Eve) with Jeb as pilot and Bob to make science and reset experiments :)

Edited by astrobond

Built a skyscraper.

21210523490_1b111f126c_o.png

And sent it towards Minmus, where I was planning to land.

21210522040_cd30d1a466_o.png

I admit, I put on infinite fuel, because this thing took two freaking hours to launch to orbit. It's not my record part count or mass, but it's definitely the tallest thing at 216 metres or more than 700 feet, and thanks to 1.0 making game performance so bad I'm pretty sure it's my laggiest.

The BOB is a fine looking ship Astrobond.

I completed some satellite contracts; one was to place a satellite into polar orbit around Kerbin and another in equatorial orbit around the Mun

ORSAT-4_zpsw7l7bnrj.jpg

This is ORSAT-4. The fourth contract satellite I place in orbit. Upon reaching orbit the upper stage is jettisoned.

ORSAT-4%20in%20orbit%20around%20Kerbin_zpsi628gqgw.jpg

MORSAT-1 is the first contract Satellite around the Mun. It is identical to ORSAT-4.

MORSAT-1_zpswkso7hak.jpg

Much like ORSAT-4 the upper stage is jettisoned away once orbital parameters specified in the contract were achieved.

MORSAT-1%20in%20orbit%20around%20Mun_zpst3ov2ttm.jpg

Honestly I made the error of using the boosters that lofted heavier payloads for these two spacecraft. Upon completing the contract I still had plenty of fuel left in the upper stages. In the future a smaller upper stage should be used.

Finally I created a spreadsheet calculator for burn time using a formula someone posted on this site (I can't recall who to be honest)

Burn%20time%20calculator%20spreadsheet_zpsyy1m12g0.jpg

I built this Ares 1 and Orion capsule as part of the pack for 'The Dunatian' a stock playable save file based on 'The Martian' book/film. I discovered a small error and went back to update it. I had always hated that it was not the right color stock, so while I was working on it I gave it a paint job and some decals. She is such a beauty I made a little video of her launching and deploying Orion. Hope you enjoy.

Note: Sorry if you don't hear music, still playing with it

Made a Duna Space Station in my career mode for a contract

Capture Burn

998E8EC3CF25F298B331CD62A2F974169B380D1D

I Sent a Duna Lander to shuttle science to the station, and a return capsule in tandem with the spacestation core.

5B02DDA5032DF2E023AE9018327F0237BA8D264C

Fully assembled!! (for now.. I plan to add some big fuel tanks at least)

3CA0F5E6D15965479B8E30B24D4746E038F27731

Bonus IVA

F222EB354D07B171965ED076E3DDC693F19CA1DE

Spent the weekend largely hanging with Bob aboard Fireball 7b doing gravioli tests in the vicinity of Minmus. Got a hab module added to the Kerbinport 7 space station so it's ready to go when Jeb and his batch of tourists return from Minmus; they hit Kerbin's atmo in three days. It occurs to me that Jeb's Stratofortress 7 craft needs a permanent name; it wasn't given one because I just intended it as a one-time use craft when I launched it, but since launch my infrastructure has grown to where I could (and should) be using it as a reusable passenger ferry. My mining infrastructure is in orbit of Mun and Minmus now; unfortunately, since I forgot to pack an antenna on the Sojourner scanner probes now in polar orbit of the respective moons, I can't conduct the initial orbital scan. Repair missions are being planned. Meantime, Bob's mission was successful and he's now on his way back to Kerbin; he'll be home in eleven days at the end of a 31-day mission. Due to some expert piloting, he was able to tap Minmus out, getting gravioli readings in high orbit, in low orbit, and on the surface in all nine of Minmus's biomes in a single flight - his craft had 37 m/s left in the landing tanks and about 550 in the return stage prior to the final liftoff. He also got seismic readings while he was at it. At 50 science points per gravioli reading in high orbit, 80 in low orbit, and 100 on the surface as well as 100 per seismic reading, I expect the flight to net no less than 3000 science points upon his return (prior to heading out there, he got a similar set of gravioli readings for Kerbin). Not enough to finish unlocking the rest of the tech tree, but certainly enough to unlock five or six of the 550-point tier techs.

Tonight, with any luck at all, I go to fix some surveyor satellites. I've got a contract to extract 2100 ore from Minmus that I'd like to get started on if at all possible...

Made several hops on Moho, so now I have collected the science from 8 of the 12 biomes. Unfortunately I suspect the other 3 lowlands and the canyons are currently on the dark side, so I set up to leave the next time I have some time to play.(all tanks topped off, emergency refueling vessel in orbit all topped-off with super efficient electric engines. Just need to time my lift off for a rendezvous with the refueler, Klaw the two ships together and head back to Kerbin(needed the refueller to be able to land on Moho, so plan to play it safe and leverage it for the initial burn back to Kerbin with those 16Ks isp VASMIR engines).

Lots of uneven ground on Moho.

Also landed and refueled my second generation Grand Tour vessel on Minmus, so I just need to head out to Duna and Ike for a couple rescues then I can start exploring the outer Kerbol system

(Second Generation Grand Tour is using those same 16Ks ISP VASMIR engines backed up by a ring of radial LF engines for higher gravity planets/moons, also has a drill mounted next to the nose klaw so that I can go asteroid hunting if I need more ISP than I can store on-board)

rgDdm5D.png

KRAKEN Thermal Attack ! (1 of 3 reaction wheel between Mk3 2.5 adapter and service bay instantly overheats)

BK8XR3F.png

Emergency Evacuation into a new fresh hopefully safe Moon Harvester 5.1.

Team is alive, mission going on !

Edited by xebx