What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Time to light up the nuclear engines and go home

screenshot1700sj.jpg

Great slingshot off Tylo. To a clean escape.

screenshot2780.png

Burn for the transition.

screenshot2788j.jpg

Good encounter with a lot of stop effect. Could be clockwise, but doesn't matter much.

screenshot2790.png

Home, sweet home. Brake hard. But yeah, clockwise.

screenshot2797j.jpg

Perfect! Flawless! The entire trip. Who's landing by the way? - Oh, Kimene again. Eh Kim, you're the scientist. You don't really have to do any piloting. ...Unless you absolutely want to, of course...

screenshot2820j.jpg

Umm, Eh. Kim, don't worry, you didn't break anything. Everything's fine. All the science safe. It just disassembled slightly. But next time, that "anything below 6 m/s will be fine", like Valentina said, doesn't apply to Kronos. We have more spindly landing struts on Kronos, so they won't get into the way of the air-braking-heatshields. 2-3 m/s is more like it.

Bit ungraceful landing, but it's fine. - No, it really is. It's fine. I promise.

screenshot2821j.jpg

Edited by Vermil

For what-its-worth, I second that notion. For some reason the office is as archaic towards KSP as your institution of higher learning...

Since when is middle school higher learning? Anyway, last night (I update the day after since I'm usually on the forums before KSP followed by bed) I looked at the new parts, checked out the looks of the new stock planes, and flew the gull for about five seconds before having to cut the engine and make my first ever seaplane landing due to time constraints. Landing went pretty well for a first time landing a seaplane, and the first time with that plane. The right hand seaplane float is supposed to come off on landing. I totally didn't break it or anything. I have yet to test the new parts or the new stock planes or see the new contracts yet...

I'm still playing 1.04! :P:)

Reasons:

1. Don't wanna start a new career mode, and i don't know if savefiles are compatible

2. Not sure if kerbcam and kerbpaint still work

3. a lil worried my spaceplanes won't work as well

Actually, can anyone answer my questions plz? You shall get rep in return!

I'm still playing 1.04! :P:)

Reasons:

1. Don't wanna start a new career mode, and i don't know if savefiles are compatible

2. Not sure if kerbcam and kerbpaint still work

3. a lil worried my spaceplanes won't work as well

Actually, can anyone answer my questions plz? You shall get rep in return!

1. Savefiles ARE compatible. Every one of my planes are still there, my battleship still works, everything works

2. OPM and Mechjeb still work on my end. so I figure 1.0.4 mods WILL work in 1.0.5

3. I never built spaceplanes but I will test one of the stock ones for ya.

So, today's shenanigans:

1) Launched a new keostationary comsat, with the longest-range stuff I've unlocked so far. I've also unlocked some nice new ptank shapes, which lets me make my spaceships even more eyecandey!

Burning to KTO after detaching from first stage (No screenshots of that, since it was nothing more than a tank, a Skipper & some fins. It also magically exploded from overheating after leaving the atmosphere. Oh, the bugs.)

screenshot_2015-11-11--00-14-53.png

Transfer stage deorbiting itself after giving the sat a boost to an almost-KSO

screenshot_2015-11-11--00-33-28.png

The "almost" comes from a contract and is actually 15 min shorter than a proper KSO. Which is fine, because the sat ended on the opposite side of kerbin from KSC. The contract orbit was also inclined, so I spent some time correcting that as well.

screenshot_2015-11-11--00-42-03.png

2) Actually flight-tested a new version of my kerbal-rescue ship.

The first stage is a new design for me, which might be called fire-and-forget (but is actually fire-and-watch-in-awe-as-it-flies-itself ). By careful tweaking I was able to achieve almost ideally consistent launch results. Behold:

It starts out a bit inclined on a launch clamp. You just press the spacebar...

screenshot_2015-11-11--01-21-15.png

...And watch as it does a nice gravity turn and reaches a 100-km apoapsis...

screenshot_2015-11-11--01-11-33.png

...Overheating a bit in the process.

screenshot_2015-11-11--01-23-42.png

The fairings reveal an unorthodox (at least, in the KSP community) second stage. Also carefully tweaked, this SRB accelerates the craft to almost-orbital velocities in a mere 11 seconds! Which would totally murderize any crew present. Thankfully, there is none.

screenshot_2015-11-11--01-24-18.png

...And thanks to a bug, the SRB fails to ignite entirely. Well, it did ignite the first time, before I reloaded to take some more screenshots, so it kinda works.

screenshot_2015-11-11--01-31-13.png

The rest of the flight was pretty trivial and went pretty smoothly, so I won't describe that in detail.

Aaaand that's all for today. Fly safe, folks!

Edited by flashcactus

Started a new 1.0.5 career... played the first day grind today. Landing in and around the compound, collecting science, and also did a dozen or so test contracts for money and more science. Have not gone into orbit yet, but still managed to get my tier 4 techs, and enough funds to upgrade mission control and the tracking station, so I can do maneuver nodes, and almost enough to upgrade my runway. Should be able to tackle that tomorrow, then start building some explorer jets. Gonna see how much of Kerbin I can explore before going into space.

NOTE/NETBOOK! How well does that thing run the game?

Running stock, it's not bad at all. With EVE I get a little lag. Gives me more time to react :)

Can also report Gliido loads up fine, runs perfect and gets to orbit with same fuel remaining as in 1.0.4. Cockpit looked a little like it was going to explode though, may have to put a radiator up there.

Running stock, it's not bad at all. With EVE I get a little lag. Gives me more time to react :)

Can also report Gliido loads up fine, runs perfect and gets to orbit with same fuel remaining as in 1.0.4. Cockpit looked a little like it was going to explode though, may have to put a radiator up there.

But Jeb's in jail!

While all you people are making rockets and planes, I'm sitting here investigating a serious road accident.

http://i.imgur.com/od2QmSh.png

http://i.imgur.com/z90FZac.png

I hope that's not a HypeTruckâ„¢, loading up the 1.1 Hype Trainâ„¢ with Hypeâ„¢, or we'll have a long wait...

In 1.04, I made a geosynchronous comm-sat in Realism Overhaul, and got it to an orbital period of 23 hr, 57 min, 52 seconds.

Edited by Dman979