What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

12 hours ago, Vermil said:

- What I did in KSP today?

- What I did?

- I stupidly clicked the button "Upgrade to Windows 10" a couple of days ago! - That's what I f*** did!   :mad:

Now mostly back to W7. With some newfangled glitches. But still.

By the way guys, :confused:  as my blood pressure is up and my nerves inflamed and on the outside, do you mind compressing your images to jpegs instead? These multi-MB png cause a "slight hesitation" when switching pages.

For me KSP works completely fine in Windows 10. What was the big problem?

Started Designing a new Mun Base that will modular and hopefully mobile when I'm finished with her.

02EE41D17B4832AE300771CCA85B179130BFD1F3

313B0E82687AE4CF14C423E9E9DEBB78D8024AB8

59D0CA185B30AD45C251167B05BC56547C7BF777

0E9B93DAD73FD33FC2102D17066AA51EEFC63E29

Here is the first piece I'm sending up and will be in a holding orbit until all peices are in orbit and I've found out where I want to set up shop. I chose this as my first piece due to its odd shape and size. It took me a few launches to get it into second atmosphere let alone orbit, due to weight distribution and drag. Ended up with multiple different variations lifter to get up there stable.

4B63CC928E692DF3B368EE836FADA5B74E59E682

CC9F3D07B60AA178E52A34B2DB1F19A0EE7550DD

4AFAAB9CAD42C91C368661E2997BF46A5E5E0C63

86F74D7F65AA1EC0E3D215C65D5643CD4B11E5B8

Sweet shot of separation

4C507BD8536C06BDD61845DAB1DB650AC9A9DB0E

624FA927A77CEAE8B97EF74BE259E3D23DA77647

EE7A85885A593DDDB1841FB8111752797F5C1518

D88B350594C290C88C44E43A0D9B76AE154FC340

In Orbit of Mun!!!.

7 hours ago, Geher said:

KSP probably works fine with Windows 10.
I wouldn't know anything about it. That wasn't my problem. My problem was that Windows 10 didn't work.

No pictures, but I failed another 7 attempts to land on the Moon in RP-0. This has simply made me more determined however.

Edit: My auto-correct is now automatically changing 'Moon' to 'Mun'.

Edited by Frybert
auto correct

7 hours ago, Geher said:

"Upgrade" is the problem.   :D  I've had nothing but nightmares when I did an upgrade instead of a clean install.  Both in my work as a software dev and in my personal undertakings.  Upgrade is just flat out not stable when it comes to Windows 10.

52 minutes ago, Korvath85 said:

"Upgrade" is the problem.   :D  I've had nothing but nightmares when I did an upgrade instead of a clean install.  Both in my work as a software dev and in my personal undertakings.  Upgrade is just flat out not stable when it comes to Windows 10.

I've had mostly good success with the upgrade process. In our house, out of three Win7 computers, two upgraded without hassle (except that one of them had problems with the printer drivers at first). The third one, my own workstation of course, was the one that was difficult. Win10's upgrade apparently isn't smart enough to deal with the NTFS log growing large on the hidden boot partition, so you have to manually jump through a bunch of hoops to fix that, and then re-try the upgrade. And then it finally went smoothly.

1 hour ago, Frybert said:

No pictures, but I failed another 7 attempts to land on the Moon in RP-0. This has simply made me more determined however.

Edit: My auto-correct is now automatically changing 'Moon' to 'Mun'.

Aaaaaand

rMqnlic.png

I DID IT!

10 hours ago, Evanitis said:

I played my newest career game a bit.

I use this technique all the time!  You can even stack a bunch of them together and pick up a couple rescues at once.  If you put on chutes set to pop at 0.7 atm, they'll open right around 2000m.  This way you can arm them before you separate the stack and, as long as everyone stays within physics range of each other, all the passenger pods can make an automatic water landing

Today I continued roving on Moho... decided to take a break here with the nice sunset :

RTK1s50.png

Turning around and looking the other way... That's one hell of a (Mo)Hole !

jTk21fQ.png

So far Both Eve and Moho had really interesting North Poles.  I really need to continue exploring these Planets/Moons to see what's on theirs !
Final far out shot of the Mohole before I head home with this crew (My rover is the tiny white dot on the north crater wall, right in the middle):

VIbgXMB.png

And that Wraps Moho exploration for the moment... My rover was pretty good, but the small drill converter eats too much ore.  Will try to re-design the rover with the large ISRU instead.
Having my rover fly by using it's 4 twitch engines aimed at the ground really helped getting over some canyons/mountains that would have been a royal pain. 
Was quite fun.  Good evening y'all !

Edited by Francois424

I had the idea of trying to make a "flying wing" type aircraft bouncing around in my head for a while, so I sat down to make it a reality.  I present to you, the Boomawing!

YgweflD.jpg

DKv1aIW.jpg

A couple of notes on this design: flying wings are hard to make a reliable control setup for, but I knew that going in.  That is why so few of them are made in reality, though the concept itself is sound.  The difficulty was that a B2 style "saw blade" control surface set up would not work in KSP, as I would have needed some way to customize the function of each individual control surface.  However, A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. can be used as control surfaces, albeit drag heavy ones when deployed, but they add very little drag when flying normally.  As for actually flying, it lifts really well and has excellent endurance thanks to its generous fuel capacity in the wings feeding into a single Panther engine.  The craft has very poor roll authority, but excellent yaw authority, and this does sometimes lead to the humorous condition of the plane "sliding" sideways through the air like a street racer drifting around a corner.  Fortunately a quick jet from the Panther's afterburner brings the prograde vector back in front of the nose.  I doubt anyone will be pulling tricks in it, but if it were ever put to military use it would be better served by minimizing its change in flight path and taking advantage of its stealth characteristics.  

Still, it proved the concept and looked cool doing it, so I had fun.  :cool:

Edited by Fearless Son