What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I had a contract to put a station into solar orbit as well as three contracts in the Duna/Ike system, so I built a ship that will fulfil all requirements and put it into orbit just outside Kerbin's SOI.  It has about 200 days to wait until it burns to intercept Duna.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%205.48.1 

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%206.00.3

So sue me, but I like the explodey fairings...

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%206.00.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%206.29.4

Then it came time to undock my ship destined for Eve from Kerbin Stayshun and send it on its way.  It will stay in orbit of Eve conducting science experiments, and is towing a small lander that will fulfil the Explore Gilly contract.  There should be enough fuel for the lander to get to the surface and return to the mothership at least three times.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%206.58.0 

I checked in on Mün Crater Bass and sent its processed science results back home...

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%207.15.3 

I am SO happy with how this came out, I'm literally smiling the goofiest grin right now.  I didn't know if a real 1910s/20s biplane would work, because I had to use the helicopter tail rotor from KAX as a prop and I didn't think it had enough power...just had to add a tail wheel...and wowowowowowowow

https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/WW1-style-Biplane

Picture in the link

I took my first rover expedition from my mun base..

it turns out that 31m/s is actually really fast especially on the mun with low gravity (~70mph) and leads to a lot of rover flipping on the mun.  its a lot of fun though.  have to be careful with the throttle and brakes though

CI2TKbp.jpg

Edited by flatbear

Finally got around to build and launch a combined Orbital Taxi Mk2 and refueller for an earlier Orbital Taxi Mk1 (that got stuck in orbit without enough fuel to get down below 70k).

Op successful, 6 stuck/stranded brave Kerbals back on Kerbin and ready for new missions (after eating some fresh snacks).

Had a go at making a ring station, though it's not as pretty/detailed/huge as some in this thread. I do feel good about getting it to orbit legitimately instead of just Hyperediting it up:

Spoiler

screenshot74.png

screenshot79.png

screenshot81.png

screenshot89.png

The smallish diameter means it needs a highish 7 RPM to maintain just a quarter G of simulated gravity. I may need to install Persistent Rotation too, I have to spin it up every time I switch to it.

Built my first rover in 1.1 First off I had to DIYS the landing gear because of stocks mid sized landing gears clipping 1.5 meters into the ground issue

screenshot240_zps0rwvghux.png

Next I forgot about how only 2 radial mounted engines can easily flip around the center of mass when fired. Here is a view of the landing/crash site. I did get the rover off though

screenshot241_zps511sk8zw.png

But science was acquired in three biomes. 

screenshot248_zpswtpjotyp.png

And going down hills was scary with the new wheel physics but there were no wrecks.

screenshot243_zpsnh5w9ass.png

Well it's amazing what you can get to fly.  I'm in the very early game with only a couple of the tier 3 (45 kredit) technologies researched, and I took a couple of contracts to test a Wheesley and a stack separator, so I built this

dmekdPj.png

I had to taxi on the grass for takeoff as the nosweheel couldn't handle the runway surface, and it wasn't until I got airborne that I realised I'd forgotten to fit ailerons, so the only control I has was the canards and the reaction wheel.  Controls were understandably a bit interlinked but it managed to do the experiments and then land it back on the grass, where the nosewheel promptly exploded but didn't damage anything else

-Deep Breath-

I made an awesome all-in-one-rocket base complete with a mining module to go to minmus. However, once I arrived I realized that the mining module, that was about 40t, was a waste of time. I didn't need that extra fuel generation. So I threw my kerbal at it, to knock it over, (Why not) And it fell on my crew module, killing off most of my kerbals. I hadn't quicksaved at all, and this was terrible. When I tried to get my remaining 3 kerbals home(two in the surviving crew module and 1 on EVA) I found out my return vessel only had roughly 200 m/s of Delta-v, which I couldn't make go home. I finally cheated with infinite fuel, only to find that it blew up on reentry due to not having to heat shield.

At this point, I was getting rather frustrated, so I downloaded the mod "Kolonization systems" to give me more parts to work with. For some reason, even tho I put all parts in the "Gamedata" folder, none of the parts would show up when I was trying to build a rocket.

Finally, I got off my computer and went to cry in the corner.

Edited by The Thyroid Man
small error again

I landed my 581 seat rescue ship with 380 crew.  Rescuing the 201 crew from my previous mission.   

2 Ships
581 kerbals

I think I'm getting good at the game... then I realize that things haven't changed that much... 

This is my screenshot of my first Mun landing, my first rescue attempt and my second rescue landing site. 

SyfpPku.jpg

Flew stock ships in 1.1.1 until the game locked up again (while in the SPH).  Since I have 1.1.1, I'm waiting for KER to be updated, as well as for the next patch (and the next KER update after that).

Edited by Dispatcher