What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I had another explossion, this time without even launching... and I got to break my speed record from a couple of days ago by a stupidly high margin.

Speed of 1,887,716,695,373,040,000,000.0m/s which is a number that I almost don't know how to read on English xD

I've never been good with numbers, however words are more my gamut. I believe that number would read as follows:

One septillion, eight hundred eighty-seven sextillion, seven hundred sixteen quintillion, six hundred ninety-five quadrillion, three hundred seventy-three trillion, and fourty billion meters per second.

That's just madness.

I pulled off my second ever docking (don't use MechJeb) and in the process learned more about where and where not to put my RCS thrusters.

Spaceplane docked to Space station:

0B6E806CDAB5602D416EAE075DBEAE64338D728E

Plus I worked on a way to refueling my Single Stage to Laythe spaceplane for a possible return trip.

It needs to be sent about 30 tons of fuel. . . . turns out its REALLY hard to soft land 36 odd tons without anything breaking, despite loads of chutes, + 9 big landing legs and a final decent rate of 8m/s I still needed some thrust to land safely. Finally found a use for the tiny sold fuel rockets, using 6 of them fired 30m off the ground as soft landing jets.

Jeb had a little mishap on takeoff from the Mun, be SURE you clear the ground if you're in a crater!

http://imgur.com/a/EO0L6#0

I have no idea how people manage to display albums from Imgur...

Taking off the space inside the bracket and placing in the middle the album identificator... I remembered that yesterday after two days thinking about it xD

[ imgur]EO0L6[/imgur]

Sent fuel cannisters up to my Eve supply and return mission all weekend. Finished two dockings before I realized I was sending the cans up to the wrong transfer stage. Will probably attempt a rendezvous between the two missions at some point; I mean, the fuel cans are still good...

Jeb had a little mishap on takeoff from the Mun, be SURE you clear the ground if you're in a crater!

http://imgur.com/a/EO0L6#0

I have no idea how people manage to display albums from Imgur...

The way I do it is: View your album in Imgur, click the "Embed" link at the top, then copy and paste the URL it gives into your comment.

Made an ultralight glider that I'm thinking of dropping off somewhere on my next planetary tour. It kind of works, I'd had stable glides out of it, but it's also rather prone to getting into a steep dive and refusing to pitch up.

Also just had a "Why the heck didn't I realise that before" moment when watching

. I noticed he had tank stacks without engines in his final stage, and it hit me that even without fuel lines the fuel can still be transferred manually. So yeah, why the heck didn't I realise that before.

I tred to land on Mun from a very low 7.7 km orbit, which is the lowest I've ever been. Did not land successfully, and so I loaded my quicksave to find the last quicksave I'd made was roughly one hour and one RCS free docking ago (no rcs docking is another first for me. I guess I got some practice in).

I guess I'll just re-land tomorow.

Taking off the space inside the bracket and placing in the middle the album identificator... I remembered that yesterday after two days thinking about it xD

[ imgur]EO0L6[/imgur]

Thanks, that gets it working!

Updated my Apollo-style mission ship with Deadly Reentry's heat shield, and tweaked the first stage to reduce the number of struts required. Then proceeded to launch, do the Mun landing thing, and return to Kerbin safely. I thought I'd find Deadly Reentry hard, but its actually not really different than what I'd normally do for this mission.

apollo-style-launch.png

Forewent KSP today to focus on replacing the battery in my iPhone. Aside from severing the camera cable, it went well. Looking forward to the next repair job...

Eh. If I had done something in KSP, it would've been more fuel deliveries. All kinds of exciting. Totally.

Updated my Apollo-style mission ship with Deadly Reentry's heat shield, and tweaked the first stage to reduce the number of struts required. Then proceeded to launch, do the Mun landing thing, and return to Kerbin safely. I thought I'd find Deadly Reentry hard, but its actually not really different than what I'd normally do for this mission.

http://bobandeileen.com/ksp/apollo-style-launch.png

"Stock" deadly reentry is more like "dangerous as a hot stove reentry," you really have to be careless or deliberate to get any damage. Crank it up a notch or two and it gets much more interesting.

I PUT 300 FRIGGIN TONS IN ORBIT AROUND MOHO!

Take that you delta-V sucking, axial-hole-having, kraken-inducing hose beast!

And it woulda been 200 tons MORE if I wouldn't have had to dump the entire science section due to bugged docking ports!

But I still have a lander. Oh yes, you Kerbol-baked, former-superheated-atmosphere-having, cratered destroyer of Kerbals' dreams, I still have a lander. And ima stick it right where the Kerbol never shines!

Hold on to yer lug nuts it's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime fer an overhaul!

original.jpg

Today I decided to quite playing KSP. It's sucked up way too much of my free time the last few months so I've decided to delete it from my computer and do my best to forget about it. With that I bid farewell to this awesome community while I move on to do more productive things with my life.

April Fools!

Today I decided to quite playing KSP. It's sucked up way too much of my free time the last few months so I've decided to delete it from my computer and do my best to forget about it. With that I bid farewell to this awesome community while I move on to do more productive things with my life.

April Fools!

well... that's a bummer... seems like you need to learn some self-control...

You little bugger you!

April Fools!

The ole invisible ink trick, nice.

I am finally getting the hang of docking I think.

Done 3 now, and learned a few new tricks each time. . . . next up, try and launch to rendezvous with something that ISN'T in a perfect 0 inclination orbit . . .