What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Well working on a revamped version of my Sevastopol station...
7Mpbuj6.png

Upper and mid level styling (apparently MK2 bays make excellent low part count hallways provided the joints are connected at 120 degrees (no gap in the cieling/floor and no trouble for the kerbins to move around in).

HvjAvWa.png

Access from the mid habitation level to the main staircase and the upper level admin suite (via ladder as i didnt have unlimited parts to work with and a ladder is 5 parts vs a staircase being closer to 40).
nJeTA2X.png

Beautiful view of Jool from the staircase's massive windows.

RbxSYbt.png

The view into the staircase from the outside is no less stunning.

B93riz8.png

Guest eatery in the lower ring section.

WwqeWQt.png

The windows leave such pretty shadows on the walls.

83nnb5q.png

View of the whole section.

Keep in mind this is merely 1/3rd of the entire planned station, which will have 3 sections (admin/habitation, drydock/utility, and RnD towers).  Hopefully i can keep the finished product below 600 parts as this section (which is the most complex of the entire set) is around 200 parts total (with all the little asthetic bits and pieces inside like tables with food, beds, boxes, ect).  One of the biggest part count savings is using flags for windows which not only cut down on parts like nothing else, but let me use shapes and styles that arent really practical in the base game (ofc they are all stock-alike since i made the flags from stock part screenshots so they are at least in a style that fits the game unlike pulling random textures from the internet).  But yeah, all in all this is byfar the most expansive and prettiest space station i ever made...

I made a replica of Boston's guitar-shaped spaceship and attempted to fly it.

fxNxqge.png

• The craft five seconds after liftoff.
    • If you look at Boston's iconic album cover, you can see the resemblance.
  • Understandably, this craft was a pain to keep semi-stable. What really irked me was having to find a suitable thrust limit for the six Twitch engines at the headstock.
  • RECOMMENDED THAT THIS CRAFT BE USED FOR SHOWCASING PURPOSES ONLY

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Mars-Bound_Hokie/Boston-UFO

I guess I'm into pain these days. I took on another DLC robotics part build, this time importing my 1.3.1 non-DLC 41-F Blackwood into 1.12.4 and adding some BG DLC rotors to allow changing the wing sweep in flight. The video shows Jeb on the first serious test flight, scaring the heck out of the KSC crew and generally giving the SPH engineers nightmares while stress-testing the structural integrity of the rotor-actuated wings under all possible flight regimes.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/swjr-swis/SWiS-41-F-Blackwood-Mk2

Yesterday I started work on a little suborbital spaceliner. Today I finished it.... after scrapping everything I did yesterday and starting over (seems to be happening with everything I do...)
After about an hour or less fiddling with the rotate tool in the VAB, it finally completed a successful flight.
There are still some quirks to it that need to be worked out but it works OK for the most part. It does its job of getting 6 passengers to space at least :)

JDg8Non.png

TG1OBBC.png

K8HapZD.png

CsLR9yB.png

14 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

I guess I'm into pain these days. I took on another DLC robotics part build, this time importing my 1.3.1 non-DLC 41-F Blackwood into 1.12.4 and adding some BG DLC rotors to allow changing the wing sweep in flight. The video shows Jeb on the first serious test flight, scaring the heck out of the KSC crew and generally giving the SPH engineers nightmares while stress-testing the structural integrity of the rotor-actuated wings under all possible flight regimes.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/swjr-swis/SWiS-41-F-Blackwood-Mk2

You would definitely have a FSDO agent knocking on your door.

Maybe a couple. :D

Made a little progress the last two days - 3 unmanned probes headed to Duna (no pics), my first Mun & Minmus direct missions were flown plus a launch failure and played with the US2 Advanced sub-satellite. 

MCL3-1 burning for Mun with a crew of 3 freshly rescued kerbals

KOfODgU.png

Val checking out the US2 Advanced Sub-Satellite for proper deployment

chik28n.png

First MiCL3 to Minmus to finish building a rover ended up in an abort when - ironically - I tried to jettison the abort tower & fairing, and the debris destroyed the fairing base.  While the abort tower was already gone, the abort function still separated the pod, allowing a safe escape.  The crew actually did go to space - barely - before landing safely in the grasslands to the east

3Po0aPx.png

The second attempt at the MiCL3-1 went better, landing within 100m of the incomplete rover, making it fairly easy to finish the rover - after eventually figuring out how to use the build function, since I hadn't used that system yet.  I still prefer KIS/KAS to the stock system though.

7QHLXMr.png

The completed rover made the 1km trip to the target destination while the crew prepared for their return to Kerbin.  Driving this was worse than trying to drive on ice.  Did they make Minmus more slick since I last played?

p34m4lu.png

Edited by Cavscout74

The Pit stop was deorbited and an attempt to dispose of it occurred.

65TEUyi.png

Spoiler

What what!? It survived and it still has comms?!

j3SUSa4.png

So I tried a thing... 

cVodWak.png

not quite successful

I launched a replacement with many upgrades including recoverable science experiments. 

7rsHmxI.png

On station waiting for kerbals to arrive, refuel and gather the science.

ZWWYc7r.png

A kerbaled mission went up to test an upgraded K2 vehicle and dock with the Sci Stop.

OtnFiFX.png

Spoiler

LES jettison. 

2CG8o1w.png

Second stage start up.

P9SJfxD.png

Vehicle separation and engine start up.  

JTutFMl.png

And the crew will dock with the Sci Stop after a nights rest.

0J5VDxh.png

Returned hundreds of experiments from Dres and Jool in 2 different probes. Saw an "equilateral  conjunction" of Minmus, Duna and Jool before reentry. New 4K monitor is a too nice... I just watch everything and forget what I was supposed to be doing. :o

Zw7AtCEh.jpg

This week I built an Eve rover, launched with a new SSTO booster on the first attempt with 2% fuel left, then recovered it. Used The Klaw to push it to Eve.

Also found a bug I haven't seen before... ladder near external chair causes kerbal to spawn on the ladder, upside down. I can't even imagine how the code fails to "put butt in seat". Hurts my brain.

UAvoct3h.jpg

More full res pics... well maybe not. Imgur has a 5 MB limit before lossy compression. Boo.

Spoiler

Zw7AtCE.jpg

iF3aLYC.png

5tGu39L.jpg

UAvoct3.jpg

4ByXDpS.jpg

UlJkgMs.jpg

Edited by Krazy1

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

Maybe alt-F12?

I am sorry but al-F12 as nothing to do with it.

I didn't use any of the cheats.

If you read the report it says "We have entered into atmospheric flight above Minmus"

and "We have splashed down in the oceans of Minmus".

Neither make sense in a normal game.

A kerbal exited the ship collided with a solar panel and just stood in the air.

I had him jump and he was just higher. He could walk there.

With RCS he could barely come down.

Once on the ground he walked to the other Kerbals and then started swimming a half meter above Minmus.

Strange glitch which I can't explain.

The game gave me science for it.

ME

Trying to make beeg VTOL cargo planes

eUroRBr.png

bKkaxdg.png

BD940aZ.png

I came to the conclusion that it's too big. Thinking of splitting the cargo line into smaller VTOL craft with cargo bays, and larger gliders that simply drop their loads with parachutes. In-between things like this platypus-looking guy will probably be discontinued in that case.

But then again...