What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Mahnarch said:

Is that with a yoke or the keyboard?

Don't know how @Nazalassa did it, but in my experience it is possible to get down to 1-2 m (and even  <0.5 m, altimeter showing 0) over the water surface with a pure stock game, with a well-balanced plane, even at over mach 2 speeds.

NnTRbQc.png

No SAS, just using stock trim for adjustments. I have to say: at mach 2.31, it's nerve-wrecking. Stock trim is still in very discrete steps, which means climb/drop rate is almost never exactly 0.

JXefwMy.png

A bit easier on the nerves is to use stock SAS to keep ORB PRG, and manually adjust variable angle of incidence on the wings to finely tune the amount of lift. Also helps to fly only at half the speed. :D

@swjr-swisI was cruising MUCH lower than you, just 5000m for the trip.  Also only made mach 2.1 at that altitude.  Like I said, I was playing it safe today.  And they were tiny drop tanks (single size 0 tank with filled nose cones).  It's entirely possible they could have cost range from drag more than they increased range with the small amount of fuel.

44 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Perhaps the engineering team had reason to warn him. Kraken-flapping took the rotors, wings, and one of the engines. Oops.

Well, if an F-15 in the real world can land with 1 wing, we shouldn't be surprised if Jeb can one up it with one wing & one engine missing in KSP! :cool:

Edited by Cavscout74

I made a 6-bit adder today!

EHIvPMR.png

Here seen computing 42+29.

If you want to play with it - or if you want more info - it's on KerbalX.

If you want to know what does what --

Hpyf5UD.png

Some KALs are here because the adder is standalone, but they can be removed if the adder is put into a bigger circuit (congrats to anyone who manages to do that!)

(i'm mostly talking about the konsole, "actual input")

Also note: in the VAB/SPH and when the adder is deactivated, the behaviour of the lamps is undefined.

4 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

How did you do the smoke?

BDAc. Under Countermeasures, there's a smokescreen generator. Alternately. you could use the GAU-8 Avenger, that makes a little smoke, but the smokescreen makes more smoke.

6 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Nice!

Quick question: who is going to stay with KSP1?

Me, until I know that KSP2 will support all the mods I rely on: PRE, MM, BDAc, EVE

Edited by Akagi

49 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Nice!

I am, given the graphics I have seen in various livestreams so far... I prefer KSP1. Moreover, KSP2 has like less things than KSP1 right now, so I have no reason to switch to KSP2.

Plus the grass well...

"hexagonal grass"

3 minutes ago, KatastrophicKonstellations said:

Made my first (arguably) succesful VAB roof landing in KSP 2!

MhST1Kc.jpg

jdmW5aJ.jpg

(Please tell me if KSP 2 content isn't allowed on this forum. If so, I'll remove my post.)

That belongs to the "What did you do in KSP2 today" thread, which you can find under "KSP2 Discussion". Here is the place for classic KSP.

Today, like so many others, I…

(wait fo it)

…am going a little deeper into debt to schlep across town and buy a new graphics card. :(
Only ten minutes in and my RX580 that runs RDR2 so well begs for the sweet release of death. :unsure:

Also:

3 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Nice!

both-is-good-both.gif

20 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Today, like so many others, I…

(wait fo it)

…am going a little deeper into debt to schlep across town and buy a new graphics card. :(
Only ten minutes in and my RX580 that runs RDR2 so well begs for the sweet release of death. :unsure:

Also:

both-is-good-both.gif

I  agree with the meme. I'm still mostly in KSP because all the mods are there, but I'm excited for KSP2!

Good thing the rocks don't have colliders...

oXeK7xE.png

Tokatemak is a Duna circumnavigation craft built to be unfolded from a short 2-unit Mk3 cargo bay of a Celesta long-range exploration vessel. The vessel reaches speeds of up to 180 m/s when flying high, but more importantly can maintain level flight at just 50 m/s, which in turn enables it to actually land almost anywhere. Although I concede, a tilt-rotor could've been more appropriate (and Tokatemak may yet even become one) and certainly simpler to land, I like the look of this extreme canard design caused by the immense weight of the propeller necessary to push the plane through thin Dunatian atmosphere too much.

I decided to challenge myself to launch from my two newest planets which are hard in their own ways. Tumidam has 0.2g and is 16000km radius. But a side effect of this is its enormous atmosphere that goes 2540km up.

Thr other is Solis, which is about the size of Jool’s core and is effectively a super Eve. 3.2g, 1800km, 7.8atm. 

8 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

I am, given the graphics I have seen in various livestreams so far... I prefer KSP1. Moreover, KSP2 has like less things than KSP1 right now, so I have no reason to switch to KSP2.

Plus the grass well...

"hexagonal grass"

Exactly this. What I saw of KSP2 was visually underwhelming, compared to a modded KSP1. And: KSP2 is extremely demanding hardwarewise. My old gtx 1060 has a good time running ksp 1 but will struggle to do ksp2, while not looking significantly better.

I crashed my game, To be fair my rocket did look like a.. Uh.. Ermm.. Anyways- But it also crashed firefox and discord oddly enough.. I think if I was running KSP 2 it would have been worse though so I count this as a win.

Oh I also bought KSP 2 and refunded it after finding out everything was broken but that's less notable.

First, thanks to the KSP YouTube team for making the early access trailer, because it convinced me to stop doing nothing and actually play KSP.   

Here is the video, for your viewing pleasure. 

10 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Nice!

Me, until I get it. Or if my pc is a potato, stay until I upgrade.

I made this SSTO that I totally didn't steal from this video by @ShadowZone.  :rolleyes:

XZ1bcf1.png

Works well in KSP1 too. Well, I do think the physics are the same, more or less. 

jN3qxTR.png

XxeVg5b.png

PG9iEYZ.png

AeEXrJs.png