What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Seriously tempted with a ' Yo momma so fat ... she needed 3 mainsails and 4 stages to ensure a stable orbit around her waist ' joke, but I wont :P

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA *gaaaaaaaaassssp* AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahh, geek humor...

/wipes eyes

...do you perhaps mean the Mün?

If not, well I won't say anything more. One may actually say "mum's the word". >_>

Yeah, typo. The fact I got that much weight, the second stage, into low Mun orbit from the launch weight shows that one can improve a design, as well as find the most efficient path for encounter using no mods, the rewards in fuel savings is worth the effort.

Just landed my first rover, on the Mun :D

I got so nervous when I was about to do the switching of the rocket and the skycrane, the skycrane had so much small amount of fuel, if you did it too late or early the whole mission would be lost.

The landing was very soft and the rover didn't even bounce like usually happens with me in landers.

After landing I quickly added throttle to the skycrane and it flew away! (My intentions were to release the rover slightly before touching down but in KSP it's hard to tell the altitude since the altitude meter counts from sea level or something like that).

The launch vehicle is very wobbly (more with ASAS on...) and was design JUST for that landing, after lots of tests and trials and errors.

But it was actually pretty nice, there was actually plenty of fuel left in both the orbiting and capture & slow down stages.

Missions to make satellite networks on Mun and Minmus and land a rover on Minmus is already planned.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA *gaaaaaaaaassssp* AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahh, geek humor...

/wipes eyes

I prefer, "You momma so fat, she collapsed into herself and formed a singularity of infinite fatness. Time comes to an end near that [expletive]!"

Scanning for kethane. A lot of scanning was needed because of (totally awesome :D) update. So far i got Mun, Minmus and Eve done. And after finishing with Eve i've relocated my MapSat to Gilly. Which took a lot of time - this rock is so tiny, and its SoI is so pathetic getting an encounter was harder than entire flight from Kerbin.

I got my flag planted on the Mun, and as a bonus Jeb still got a craft with enough fuel to get home.

Nailed that landing after 2 attempts ...err simulations, mostly because I was trying to do a gentle curve to the surface but that didnt kill my speed enough, then I just killed nearly all my speed so I was basically dropping straight down to the surface, landed with no lateral movement... didnt even use my RCS as I just killed any lateral movement by shifting my engines to the opposite direction the retro grade marker was sliding off centre towards...keeping that sucker in the centre and landed gently.

Only odd thing was my engines started shaking I got worried they will fall off, so I throttled up and dropped back down again which sorted out the shakes... odd.

Jeb got out the can, down the ladder which worked perfectly despite failing on Kerbin... planted flag took pictures and had some fun hopping around the Mun.

Next getting home, shouldnt be too much of a issue as fuel is good and the engines are efficient, just going to orbit around the Mun so I come from the darkside and behind the Muns orbit and burn for Kerbin, nowt fancy... not even a air brake in the atmosphere... but hey, flag is planted on the Mun.

HaloCargoAirship.png

The second addition to my airship fleet, this is Arch-Angel Industries Halo Airship, dedicated for delivering cargo to various places on Kerbin. Massing in at 57 tons. It's cruising altitude empty is 3km at 58m/s and it has been tested with payloads up to 70 metric tons.

Not feeling up to the task to build a lander capable of returning from the Mun to Kerbin, I opted for a probe lander with a rover.

Last stage failed and the lander had to stabailze orbit around Kerbin itself.

Shot up a new transfer stage and met up with the lander - RSC fuel ran out with the transfer stage half a meter left to the docking port on the lander ... which had to use its own RCS to finish the docking.

Set course for the Mun and entered a quite elliptic orbit. Transfered all remaining fuel to the lander - and had to manually equalize eight tanks, after I realized they put my craft off balance and into a spiraling dance during every maneuver.

One quickload later I also extended the solar panels ... :P

One quickload more and the second attempt to land on the moon - at night ... - was successful.

Waited until morning and deployed the probe rover - driving is much different up here then back on Kerbin. And I also was glad I tried out the lander on the launch pad, no difficulties on the Mun itself.

Y5nWjGx.jpg

Now: up to the next task - send Kerbals up and bring them home again!

Launched few satellites to polar orbit using my multiple satellite launcher with 5 satellites. The thing had far more deltaV than necessary so i added another stage to see if i send it all the way to Jool. The launch succeeded on 3rd try and after i got into space it was easy going. After the arrival to Jool i detached one satellite and sent it to Pol. I will put one satellite to each of the Jool's moons tomorrow.

The launcher

POrR26D.jpg

Orbiting pol wit less than 8km apoapsis

XxmUlM2.jpg

GWjad1T.jpg

One probe gone 4 remaining

PjRkTML.jpg

*headdesk* Moho...how i hate thee. I thought getting to Gilly was like stabbing at a fly with a needle...in flight :D Moho is worse. I had to make craziest, longest and most convoluted mid-course correction burn to get encounter with that blasted rock. In three planes at once. And then do another 6 minute burn at periapsis to capture my probe into stable orbit. Good thing the MapSat is light and carries a lot of dV.

Got a Mun station up and running, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I think I might queue up a bunch of components for a Duna station now (dream big, right?)

y2uLt4W.png

*headdesk* Moho...how i hate thee. I thought getting to Gilly was like stabbing at a fly with a needle...in flight :D Moho is worse. I had to make craziest, longest and most convoluted mid-course correction burn to get encounter with that blasted rock. In three planes at once. And then do another 6 minute burn at periapsis to capture my probe into stable orbit. Good thing the MapSat is light and carries a lot of dV.

Notice how my Moho ribbon has a black band. I feel your pain.

Installed IonCross Crew Support plugin. And QUICKLY made a refit of my tanking-module to get some scrubbers and Oxygen up to my 2 part's station. So its now a 3 part station with the lifesupport.

3part.jpg

Tadaa ! Still a newbie on this game, but used mechjeb to learn some basic stuff. (its really good for learning how-to) ... exept the docking part.. i let MJ handle that..

:D