What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Did not have a very successful day in KSP today. Tried to attach the RMS on the ISS but that did not work. Then tried to launch and dock the Pressurized section of the JEM. Was able to launch it with no problem but there was a problem with my docking ports I think so I was not able to dock it to the rest of Kibo. Will probably try again tonight or tomorrow.

Interesting ship! Looks mostly stock? Do you have details about it posted anywhere?

Thank's Wintersdark :)

The story starts here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29533-What-did-you-do-in-KSP-today?p=2194279#post2194279

There is a pic with all the caracteristics of the ship, yes it is full stock.

And here the post with a link to the .craft file:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29533-What-did-you-do-in-KSP-today?p=2203713#post2203713

Fly safe with Valentina !

Edited by astrobond

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103423-BUG-Bob-the-scientist-cloned-himself!

This old thread explains last nights events,after an EVA on Minmus i found bob could not enter the craft,

a few F5's later and the reason was established..he was still in the lander can!

Ik3ZUyP.jpg

Instead of keeping the doppelgänger i have decided to take the loss of science on evas and return the original Bob to kerbin

for psychiatric assessment,fortunately he was an in-transit passenger on this instrument only contract and does not need to leave the craft,

i have an engineer and spare chutes on a nearby ore miner and will modify the lander for a conventional re-entry at Kerbin,the craft was destined to be the new power unit/utility-vehicle for the ore miner.

Launch cost 329,764.

After an aborted Mün landing with Val on Monday, Apollo 4 piloted by Jeb touched down successfully in a Midlands Crater (wish I'd found a less steep one!) and brought back a ton of science.

My next mission is an 18-sat relay constellation for polar 150km orbit to complement my existing relay trio in equatorial 700km. The idea is to provide complete surface coverage for DP-10 transmitters. It'll look gorgeous when it's done!

The launcher vehicle is designed, and I'm looking forward to its maiden flight tonight. This morning I double checked on paper to make sure that my existing equatorial trio have line of sight to 150km above the poles where I'll be doing must of this mission's manoeuvring. All good, so flight is green-lit.

I made the embarassing discovery that a basic design fault was the cause of two vessels crashing on the Mun... half of the fuel tanks are liquid fuel only, so once I ran out of oxidizer, that was it! I'd picked the tanks because of their shape... now I'm feeling like a moron. (I was puzzled because it looked like I still had fuel, yet nothing was firing... duh...)

I dispatched an uglier-but-better-designed ship to pick up the various stranded Kerbals. Sigh.

Today, I made this possible:

3cgmWGD.jpg

GhYXh3M.jpg

Granted, how I did it is very inefficient as I basically have to make a new part for each different flag, but this is because I don't have the ability to access the model and change it so I could just use a texture switch module. But it works, and it looks super cool.

Last night I re-launched a new space station to Kerbol orbit for a contract. It'll arrive in Kerbolar orbit in about two days, and I've got its orbit touching Duna's, so there is a possibility that Duna will pick it up at some point or another. I also launched a Mun Buggy out towards Minmus; two of my engineers snuck aboard, so they'll be joining my intrepid team of wildcatters at Minmus - the first Project Peacock craft with Bill aboard will arrive for refueling at Minmus in six days, then go on to repair the Sojourner probe so that I can get on with drilling. With the majority of my contracts "in progress", I did one final launch of the night, a Project Peacock craft to go rescue Gramie from Munar orbit. Definitely was the wrong choice for the job - the Peacock will need to be refueled in Munar orbit before it can make the rescue attempt, and I currently haven't got that kind of infrastructure in Munar orbit (my focus has been on Minmus)...

Tonight's plan is to get that station up into Kerbolar orbit and then use the proceeds to launch a space station core to Mun - the leftover fuel from the transfer, though it should be generally skosh, oughta be enough to refuel the Peacock and de-orbit the station's transfer stage. Seven days until Bob gets back with his last load of Minmus science.

My first use of KAS to fit some parachutes to the return capsule of my munar station that I forgot fit before I launched it. Also fitted some struts to brave the large monoprop tank that I forgot to build in to the station before launch and had to add on afterwards. The previous day was not a good one :D

Successfully collected my High Duna and low Ike orbital rescues that are funding my Outer grand tour ship, turned out to be a couple scientists, so now I get to resume my original plan to bring a couple extra scientists to level them to 5 stars.

Landed everyone on Duna, did not bother with parachutes as I had full fuel for my thuds(hopefully enough to get to Lathe orbit). Refilled all my tanks and planted flags for my new scientists and my pilot(only 3 stars).

Launch from Duna was fairly inefficient, using roughly 60% of my thud fuel, but that should only make it easier to land on Ike using only the low-thrust VASMIR engine(but with plenty of liquid fuel for emergency operations)

May need to use a bit of liquid fuel to launch from Ike after I refuel, but I doubt I'll need much for my planned Dres landing(and hopefully I will get a nice, high ore desteroid as a drop-tank to take with me to my next destination, perhaps Tylo orbit...)

With my scant time between 12hr shifts, I've been preparing to take my first manned mission to Duna and I'm going kinda all-out.

Shot of my development mock-up of what is to be assembled in LKO:

Th7ZQVH.jpg

This consists of four parts:

- Topmost: CM / Laboratory, this will be three kerbals' home for a couple years. It's also both the lander and the vehicle that will return them to orbit. Its four LV-N's also fill the role of main propulsion bus.

- Center stack: Fuel for the interplanetary transfer there and back again. At the bottom is a Rhino - to give me a little boost when reaching escape velocity each leg, it's main purpose is to make burn durations humanly bearable. I just don't have time these days to sit through 10 minute LV-N burns, however efficient they may be.

- Right side rigging: Rover carrying every conceivable science experiment, seats 2, lands independently. (Featured in a previous post here.)

- Left side rigging: Probe bound for Ike. This thing will be dropping bits and pieces left and right. Two science Jr's, one for In Space High and one for In Space Near, will be jettisoned after their data is transmitted. Once in a polar orbit, it'll detach a light probe with the survey scanner, and the rest will proceed to land. Also on that side of the rigging is an extra half-empty fuel tank as ballast because the probe is lighter than the rover.

Mandatory overtime sucks when you really really really really want to launch your first manned interplanetary expedition...

Launched KSP for the first time in three weeks... I'm trying not to play until 1.1 and all the 64 bit efficient goodness, mmkay?!?

Tempted to can all my contracts to 10 different locations. What was I thinking with 'parallel missions'? All that does is lead to doing the same dull runs over and over as time crawls by...

Built a rocket to deploy 6 sats to polar orbit. Watched it get consumed by a kraken again and again directly over the poles. Even launching the sats just got them all devoured in a cluster. Now considering whether an 85 deg orbit might work.

Finally getting to make some progress on my interplanetary missions in career.

The Constant departed Eve for Kerbin.

The Rumfoord burned out of Duna orbit for Ike...

...where Bill took pod "Niles" out to rescue Seanbrett and his ship (which had been adrift in Ike orbit for years) using KAS struts...

...and Nedmon took pod "Winston" down to the surface for the first landing on Ike.

You did not run into the kronosynclasticinfandibulum on the trip, did you?

Wait, in this context would that be the space kraken?