Free For All Ultimate Race Car Build Challenge

Your mission here is to build the best race car in the entire solar system! By any means necessary!

Cars are judged by these factors:

• Top speed (points = 5% m/s)
  • Time to circle KSC 3 times (runway and all buildings, score = 90/time in secondsx25)
  • Appearance (0-25 points. judged by me)
  • Special Features ( 1 point for small features like lights/accessories. 5 points for big features like movable parts other than wheels. 10 points for major features like being amphibious/ space ready)

~25 points for each category, ~100 points total (can be more if you're supoer awesome)

All parts/ mods and plugins are allowed, as long as they follow the following guidelines:

1. It must be be able to support itself by wheels or skids at all times, not wings or thrusters.*
  2. It must be able to accelerate, break and turn. As well as perform those maneuvers multiple times without resetting.
  3. It must be manned
  4. Top speed only counts when the vehicle has been in contact with the ground for the last 1 second.
  5. Your vehicle must compete in all 4 categories without going back to the SPH.
  6. Singular parts do not count for appearance scores (a one-part BMW shell doesn't count)
  7. No plugins or parts that directly affect the vehicle's position or velocity bypassing physics. (Hyperedit)
  8. No plugins or parts that changes the environment of Kerblin.

Infinite fuel and other unrealistic parts allowed, but more points if they are well intergraded with proper appearance and explanation on how and why they work.

*Wings and thrusters are allowed, and you can fly around except that top speed doesn't count unless you have been in contact with ground for the last 1 second. So if you can manage to touch the floor while flying at high speed, go for it. Also if you think you can circle KSC while flying, again, go for it. However your vehicle must be capable of being supported by its wheels/skids at any time while driving.

Edited by 1096bimu

I'll give it a whirl, reserving this space.

EDIT: I was thinking there must be some sort of official race track, being that isn't the case, perhaps you should highlight the route we should be taking? Also, top vehicle speed is pointless, the tires pop at sixty. Without flying, sixty is the maximum speed, so circuit time is likely the best factor considering it involves design and driving skill.

Edited by Hyomoto

When you say "no wings" does that mean you can't use upside-down wings for downforce? Because that'd be dumb.

all I sad was that it must be able to support itself without using wings while driving. So you can have wings as long as it does that.

I'll give it a whirl, reserving this space.

EDIT: I was thinking there must be some sort of official race track, being that isn't the case, perhaps you should highlight the route we should be taking? Also, top vehicle speed is pointless, the tires pop at sixty. Without flying, sixty is the maximum speed, so circuit time is likely the best factor considering it involves design and driving skill.

The track is circle the KSC, CW or CCW it's your choice. Top speed is for moded wheels or landing gears.

Also, top vehicle speed is pointless, the tires pop at sixty. Without flying, sixty is the maximum speed, so circuit time is likely the best factor considering it involves design and driving skill.

Airplane landing gear wheels don't pop!

• 2 weeks later...
They don't steer either

I had a cool idea that I've been to lazy to actually build

You put BOTH rover wheels and airplane wheels on a vehicle. You have the airplane wheels slightly lower than the rover wheels. When you want to go really fast in a straight line, you lower the airplane wheels. When you need to make a turn that's too sharp for the airplane wheels, you slow down and raise them so that the rover wheels can make the turn.

• 1 year later...

is 100 m/s alot for a car that uses b9 intakes for looks and only has 4 of the stock grey rover wheels? Yes the rover wheels have there overspeed tolerance and impact tolerance risen quite a bit, but thats it. It can also go about 80 m/s w/ 8g's in turns

• 3 years later...
16 minutes ago, gamingknight said:

hey are we allowed to use mods like tweakscale or editor extension??

This thread is 4 years old, and the person who is supposed to be managing last logged in during.....2014..

So I doubt anyone will answer :P

Edited by Earthlinger