I Need help with modding

Hanzz

Hello, My name is Anthony, More known as the H-tek Enterprises CEO "Hans".

Soo... Im kinda bored of Stock KSP Parts and i want some more Action. The mods that already exist are boring or not well done or even not updated to 1.9!

So i want some help with modding some parts. the main are: Fuel tanks, Generators, solar Panels, Command pods (The probe ones), And some Thrusters... i mean Engines! PAWERFUL ENGINES! (Aw!stop punching me Jeb! I already said it!) So if anyone do want to help me mod contact me back and i will add you in skype so it will be easyer :D

(PS: I have a little of knowledge about it(I can only modify actual existing parts) so it will be easyer. but i will still need help at the basics in the start :D)

The mods that already exist are boring or not well done or even not updated to 1.9!

And who exactly are you expecting to help you other than the authors of those mods?

I'd recommend getting started based on the tutorials out there then ask about any specific problems you come across. These require less commitment from other people to solve so you've got a higher number of people who might help.

• 2 months later...
So i want some help with modding some parts. the main are: Fuel tanks, Generators, solar Panels, Command pods (The probe ones), And some Thrusters... i mean Engines! PAWERFUL ENGINES! (Aw!stop punching me Jeb! I already said it!) So if anyone do want to help me mod contact me back and i will add you in skype so it will be easyer :D

As far as modeling goes, I'll be no help, I am still trying to learn blender.

but as for the new part's i can help... Kind of "new"

(your steam directory)\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ (or wherever you have it installed) \gamedata\squad\parts

copy a part you want, past in the same place so it's "(name of part) - copy" rename, open part.cfg in a notepad (i use notepad++)

Rename again (you must change the "name = " string or it won't work) Then you can play around with the rest

And if it's POWER you're after add a couple of 0's to "MODULE { maxThrust"

and "MODULE { atmosphereCurve { Key = (number) (add to this number)" (this if fuel efficiency)

BE WARNED your engines can rip them self clean off if you go crazy

Have fun :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.