First time Player, poster and my First Space Station (stock parts)

Phenom Anon X

Helllooo!

I've been playing for a few weeks and loving it so far. I've played around with just about every add-on one can think of but then I completely lost track of every little thing I was doing. So, I removed everything and went with the base install of the game in order to learn a bit more, from the ground up, so to speak. The only thing I kept installed was chatterer and MechJeb. MechJeb is more of a teaching tool for me and I use it as little as possible in order to learn manually.

I needed to practice my orbiting and docking and so decided to build a multi mission Space Station. I figured, if anything is going to teach me how to do, it will be a space station that needed multiple missions to build. Unsure of what to build for practicality purposes, I went with the tried and tested and true, Fueling Station.

Here are my results: http://imgur.com/a/mkP2q

It all ended in catastrophic failure and I loved every minute of it!

The full story, as much as it was documented anyway, can be viewed and read on imgur. http://imgur.com/a/mkP2q

Sorry for the lack of more images, but things got a little hairy at times and I was unable to take all the screenshots I wanted. This station as it turned out, grew more unstable as it was built. Mainly because of all the docking ports being used as glue to hold it all together. Even after a lot of sketchy moments of extreme wobblyness, the build managed to survive... mostly.

Be that as it may, enjoy!

a1vFTjMm.png

I would also like to say, Thanks; to all the experienced players who frequently post here on the forums and Youtube, with a special mention going to, of course, Scott Manley. Without all of you, I don't think I would be enjoying this delightful game nearly half as much as I do now :-)

I hope version 2 of this station goes a little better!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.