TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

hate to be an ass and brutaily honest but i think i speak for everyone when i say that TT should at least put the files up on media fire. witholding mods just to get back at an orginisation that doesn't care if 6 mods go off the forums due to some poerson disagreeing is hardly fair on his/her fanbase and the people who actually want the mods and love the mods.

sorry :( i just wanna rage but i'm too downcast to actally care about yelling at TT about this.

uhm since no one can redistrubuit it can someone PM me all the files for 0.22/0.23/0.23.5? i'm pretty sure THAT isn't illagal... i think...

(if i'm wrong modderators i'm sorry for saying this and just tell me. i'll edit this and say sorry)

Well as the mods' author, he is entitled to do whatever he likes with them, including withdrawing them entirely. He's chosen that method of protesting Squad, not because of their choice of host, but because they decided to simply fold Spaceport completely rather than archive it. His point is that Squad might not see a downside to that route, but players do, and posts like yours prove that. There's also his point that if Squad took a wipe-and-reset approach with something as important as a mod archive, what's to keep them from doing the same with the forums? If you think about it, with the way the forums go down so much, you have to admit that at some point Squad might very well indeed decide to offload these forums to a third party in a similar manner.

Now if he hadn't chosen to pull his mods, posts like ours would never be made, and there'd be that much less to prove to Squad that at least some players are willing to throw in the towel completely if all of their efforts for the love of the game are just flushed away like that.

*snip*

ugh. your right. :(

but then again if spaceport wasn't folded over it would eventaully just fade away. mods would be updated on curse and kerbalstuff and soon spaceport would be one of these things that it's nice to look at but can't do much else. (and now adays people just want mods now and can't be bothered looking at where it came from or what people used to do with it etc.)

anyway, thanks for speaking both sides of the coin dead weasel but i think the fanbase and everyone else should just settle down and let TT decide what to do with his things.

also let dead weasel rest his fingers :P

Anti;

Let whatever happen, happen.

Let whatever comes, come

and by god, do not let jeb near that button!

Not to mention that, if someone really does want to use his mods, they can just type the mod name into Google. Officially-authorized distributions or not, they are out there.

Just don't link to them here.

hate to be an ass and brutaily honest but i think i speak for everyone when i say that TT should at least put the files up on media fire. witholding mods just to get back at an orginisation that doesn't care if 6 mods go off the forums due to some poerson disagreeing is hardly fair on his/her fanbase and the people who actually want the mods and love the mods.

sorry :( i just wanna rage but i'm too downcast to actally care about yelling at TT about this.

uhm since no one can redistrubuit it can someone PM me all the files for 0.22/0.23/0.23.5? i'm pretty sure THAT isn't illagal... i think...

(if i'm wrong modderators i'm sorry for saying this and just tell me. i'll edit this and say sorry)

A better idea than using curse would be to get in touch with Robin Scott. The Kerbal Space Program Nexus already exists, so it would only take a couple of minor negotiations with Robin to make it an official, rather than unofficial, Nexus.

Yes, it is illegal. Giving you a copy would be "redistributing" it, even if it's just to one person. Making a copy of a copyrighted DVD to give to your friend is still making an illegal copy!

(but, no, I'm not a mod)

A better idea than using curse would be to get in touch with Robin Scott. The Kerbal Space Program Nexus already exists, so it would only take a couple of minor negotiations with Robin to make it an official, rather than unofficial, Nexus.

I second this idea. Use nexusmods for lots of other games, very easy to use. Not a fan of curse so far.

I second this idea. Use nexusmods for lots of other games, very easy to use. Not a fan of curse so far.

Well I don't like Nexus. The concept of paying for better download speeds is not one I like. Particularly because I wasn't able to download some mods one time because the download speed was so slow it timed out.

Well I don't like Nexus. The concept of paying for better download speeds is not one I like. Particularly because I wasn't able to download some mods one time because the download speed was so slow it timed out.

Uh....... you dont have to pay? I dont pay a penny? Its just alot more user friendly and more orgnaized in my opinion than curse. Also, never have had problem with download times either.

Having the choice between Nexus and Curse is like choosing between poo and a different colored poo.

There's also KerbalStuff as alternative: [Moderator removed defunct website]

Not that any of these would make TT change his mind as I'm pretty sure that he's not even checking in here anymore. Though he's free to prove me wrong anytime.

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Can someone help me figure out why the TTPitch vector engines all give half their rated thrust now? In SPH I see the same thrust for the engines (in MJ) as defined in the cfg files. But when I load a vessel, the engines output only half their rated thrust at full. So, 60kN for 120kN Pegasus, same (half of what its supposed to be) for the other engines. Does anyone know how to fix this? TT, if you see this, I am not asking for an updated version (though that would be lovely, obviously : ) but as a fellow, though much less skilled, modder, for tips on how to fix a set of parts that I love for myself. Having looked at the CFG's I think the problem is in TTPitchVector dll file, and since things seemed to work fine before .24 or maybe even .24.2, that its some recent change that broke the plugin, maybe the joystick support part (?) that resulted in engines having max thrust halved out of SPH/VAB. If I knew how, I would try to fix the plugin but I am unsure which program to even use to edit the dll - if someone could guide me though it (someone has to have fixed this, right?) I'd try...

I am not sure if redistributing a fixed DLL (I am pretty sure that that's what's broken) would be a problem; earlier TT said:

"All my mods include a readme file which contains the license. All of them are non-reupload, aside from one file which is specified in one of the mods which it applies.

Though uploads of just cfg files alone is fine, but I wouldn't bother yourself with doing it. The user would have to know how to manually move the files to the new locations, and trust me, a lot of them can't."

Well, I can, but is "just dll" the same as "just cfg"?

And if a fixed dll cannot be redistributed, will someone, TT or anyone else, please help me figure out how to fix it manually? I realize that may be a lot more work than editing a cfg, but maybe others will find the instructions useful too, at least to those not loathe to move or edit a few files to get their favorite mods to work? Please?

Edited by AerisPrime

• 2 weeks later...

How can i get this mod to work guys with 0.24.+? And integrate it to teach tree?

EDIT: Never mind, I just edit the parts for myself and now are in teach tree ...

Edited by Fl0oo

@AerisPrime, maybe you're using FAR? I know the latest version cuts the thrust of all air breathing engines by half.

From FerramAerospaceResearch.cfg:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]]]:BEFORE[FerramAerospaceResearch]:NEEDS[!AJE]{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
@maxThrust *= 0.5
}
}

• 4 weeks later...
Download for version .24.2? Can you move the download to Curse, MediaFire or Github?

No and no. Go back about 3-4 pages, and you'll see that TT pulled the plug. And with a non-redistribute license, nobody can upload their copy. End of story.

We can hope that maybe he'll come back, since he got his modular wheels updated, but the posts in this thread seem pretty upset about how he feels Squad has treated him and other modders.

Yup. Back for now. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93205-0-24-2-TT-s-Modular-MultiWheels-7?p=1400805#post1400805

Still not happy how Squad has treated modders or the community as a whole, though the majority don't seem to care anyway. I wanted to work on my mod and update it, so cracked and did anyway. I've not decided to upload anything else yet though. It's really just a trail run for now.

Yup. Back for now. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93205-0-24-2-TT-s-Modular-MultiWheels-7?p=1400805#post1400805

Still not happy how Squad has treated modders or the community as a whole, though the majority don't seem to care anyway. I wanted to work on my mod and update it, so cracked and did anyway. I've not decided to upload anything else yet though. It's really just a trail run for now.

I was away from KSP when this happened... would anyone care to enlighten me why it was a problem? I mean, I never used spaceport much to begin with, and curse doesn't seem any better, but based on how a lot of people have referred to it, I'm assuming there's more to it than just a name change

I was away from KSP when this happened... would anyone care to enlighten me why it was a problem? I mean, I never used spaceport much to begin with, and curse doesn't seem any better, but based on how a lot of people have referred to it, I'm assuming there's more to it than just a name change

Spaceport was completely shut down. The official mod repository is now Curse. All the mods on Spaceport were backed up, but some will not be re-uploaded due to licensing and the fact that some of the mod authors of them are gone.

Welcome back, TT! Kerbal Stuff is shaping up as the mod repo you wanted.

It could be some people are just ignorant to the plight of modders. Is there anything more to this issue other than negligent lack of proper modding documentation, offloading mod downloading on to a large hosting conglomerate (or whatever scary corporate word is appropriate), and all the stuff they tuck behind the "no decompiling" rule like modding the tech tree? (not saying all those things are acceptable just saving you the trouble of educating me on stuff I might already be aware of)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.