TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

That looks awesome! And only 2 parts to make a V8 that way =P

You should add a little doohickey to the liquid engines kinda like the mono one has. Maybe make it kinda look like the old school bubble carbs on dirt bikes...just a thought.

That looks awesome! And only 2 parts to make a V8 that way =P

You should add a little doohickey to the liquid engines kinda like the mono one has. Maybe make it kinda look like the old school bubble carbs on dirt bikes...just a thought.

Neat idea. done.

fhuYLgg.png

Also, you've got 666 posts. spooooky!

EDIT : didn't take me long, heres how it looks in 4 cylinder:

lDHaJAy.png

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Just started using the vectoring engines mod and I have to say it is a brilliant piece of work.

Is it/would it be possible to set up the memory slots of the engine while still in the VAB rather then having to do it on the runway? That way we would be able to set up the different angle based on the stages of a rocket while in the VAB so we can see the CoM? Or does anybody know of a way to keep the vector pointing towards the CoM during flight/staging?

Just started using the vectoring engines mod and I have to say it is a brilliant piece of work.

Is it/would it be possible to set up the memory slots of the engine while still in the VAB rather then having to do it on the runway? That way we would be able to set up the different angle based on the stages of a rocket while in the VAB so we can see the CoM? Or does anybody know of a way to keep the vector pointing towards the CoM during flight/staging?

Vector towards CoM is something I've had recommended before, So I'm going to consider having a button for that as well since it shouldn't be too difficult to apply. Far as changing thrust vector in VAB goes I don't think I'm able to do that yet, a lot to learn to be able to do so. (so probably not happening if im honest!)

Thanks for the reply Touhou!

If its too much work then don't worry about it. Believe me i'm just as happy the way it is at the moment.

Just means I have to kill a few more Kerbs before I get the right angles during flight. :D

I've always loved playing around with your wheel mods. This new one is a lot more fun especially with the ability to add or decrease the top speed of your vehicles. I was wondering if you were going to add the ability to recharge batteries with the mono propellant and the fuel engines like a normal car Engine.

Does the new version of multiwheels break .crafts?

Multiwheels 0.4 to Multiwheels 0.5 breaks crafts due to some changes in the way parts are brought into the scene. You can recover them with .craft file editing, but you will still need to place the wheels again.

Multiwheels 0.5 to Multiwheels 0.6 does not break crafts. Only thing with importing crafts from 0.5 to 0.6 is that you'll need to add engines if you use car or truck wheels. Aircraft wheels produce their own torque from electricity.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Multiwheels 0.4 to Multiwheels 0.5 breaks crafts due to some changes in the way parts are brought into the scene. You can recover them with .craft file editing, but you will still need to place the wheels again.

Multiwheels 0.5 to Multiwheels 0.6 does not break crafts. Only thing with importing crafts from 0.5 to 0.6 is that you'll need to add engines if you use car or truck wheels. Aircraft wheels produce their own torque from electricity.

Ah ok, thanks.

Is the mk3 and mk4 parts updated to 0.20 yet? What about crew cabin and cockpit?

Yup! They all have been for a long time. You don't put them in gamedata folder though. Just extract in the KSP folder.

Just wondering, is there something giving the impression they aren't somewhere? I've seen this question around a lot.

I managed to put the tt releases into the GameFolder (adding the Part{} boundaries on .cfg): worked fine.

I'm aware of that, but it also works just fine this way too. Once support for 0.19 is retracted by Squad I might as well upgrade it all to the newer system, but till then I don't see any advantage.

I'll likely also remove the hinges and place those in their own pack, or replace them with something entirely independent. As those are causing a headache for a lot of people, myself included when it comes to dealing with the mess lol

Had to revert my TT Wheels back to 0.5 because of KSP out of memory crashes. Not certain this was the problem, but my crashes, although not entirely eliminated, were greatly reduced after the reversion. Has anyone else noticed Wheels 0.6 using huge amounts of memory?

hehehehe....

Are there any 'salt flats' on Kerbin???

I am planning a lil something for after them awesome 4cylinder engines are released =P

(if yes lat/long would be awesome...general location/hemisphere is ok too)

Had to revert my TT Wheels back to 0.5 because of KSP out of memory crashes. Not certain this was the problem, but my crashes, although not entirely eliminated, were greatly reduced after the reversion. Has anyone else noticed Wheels 0.6 using huge amounts of memory?

Thats interesting. If anyone else can give any more feedback on this, that'd be great. You could try adding PART { } and move to GAMEDATA, then see if that improves things as some people seem to think it does (though I've never noticed a RAM problem to start with, myself). My memory specs are far from impressive though and I never had trouble myself. How many mods are you actually running? If anything, I run out of processing power far before RAM, and I've only got 4GB of it.

Its possible that it may be memory getting eaten in the way it detects wheels and engines, but its told to clear that every physics timestep anyway, so shouldn't be that. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it though.

hehehehe....

Are there any 'salt flats' on Kerbin???

I am planning a lil something for after them awesome 4cylinder engines are released =P

(if yes lat/long would be awesome...general location/hemisphere is ok too)

Near the north pole is good for this. I used to send some rocket and jet powered rovers there by hyperedit to try and get the highest speed possible. I think I got around 350 m/s on my best rocketcar.

Thats interesting. If anyone else can give any more feedback on this, that'd be great. You could try adding PART { } and move to GAMEDATA, then see if that improves things as some people seem to think it does (though I've never noticed a RAM problem to start with, myself). My memory specs are far from impressive though and I never had trouble myself. How many mods are you actually running? If anything, I run out of processing power far before RAM, and I've only got 4GB of it.

Its possible that it may be memory getting eaten in the way it detects wheels and engines, but its told to clear that every physics timestep anyway, so shouldn't be that. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it though.

I am running quite a few mods, and actually eliminated several before TT Wheels 0.6 to try and get the crashing back to "normal" levels. I currently have TT Mk3 parts, TT Mk4 parts, TT Wheels 0.5, Chatterrer, Flight Engineer, KW, B9, KAS, KSPX, JARFR-THSS, FireSpitter, RemoteTech, Telemachus, Kerbal Alarm, Crew Manifest, Some FusTek, some Wayland Corp, ULD Station parts and a few others. I don't know for certain that TT Wheels was the problem, only that after reverting back to 0.5 my KSP was using several hundred MB less memory. I will try and isolate my problem further, but the long KSP load times make it a pain to try each combination of mods. All TT mods have been converted to use the 0.20 file system (GameData). My system specs are AMD quad core and 8GB RAM.

P.S. - I consider your mods to be ESSENTIAL! I use the dual wheel pods on almost all my aircraft.

Edited by Gristle

So supposedly the truck wheels can retract, but they don't seem to do so for me. In previous version, I discovered a landing gear module that was commented-out. Re-enabling that allowed the wheels to retract, but after that they rotated in really weird ways when rolling.

So now I'm using the new version, the context menu option for extend/retract gear is still there, and it's still available for action group assignments, but it plain and simple doesn't work.

Any ideas?

~snip~

Near the north pole is good for this. I used to send some rocket and jet powered rovers there by hyperedit to try and get the highest speed possible. I think I got around 350 m/s on my best rocketcar.

The rockets slow you down, I stuck standard control surfaces to TT truck wheels and it drives over the ice at mach 3 :)

So supposedly the truck wheels can retract, but they don't seem to do so for me. In previous version, I discovered a landing gear module that was commented-out. Re-enabling that allowed the wheels to retract, but after that they rotated in really weird ways when rolling.

So now I'm using the new version, the context menu option for extend/retract gear is still there, and it's still available for action group assignments, but it plain and simple doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Truck Wheels aren't able to retract. They might have a retracting animation, but theres a value (which you can actually set in the CFG, check the landing gear parts) for IsDeployable. You can use that to make them retractable, but they aren't intended to be.

the Landing Gear Module is an artifact from very early testing. Its greyed out because I decided although it made a good start when I was writing the plugin, the landing gear module aint that good. So originally it was supposed to work with that module, but then I left it behind and it no longer does.

EDIT : Also checked out that thread and popped a post in there Darren9. Great work! (now try and make the new version go that fast lol)

Truck Wheels aren't able to retract. They might have a retracting animation, but theres a value (which you can actually set in the CFG, check the landing gear parts) for IsDeployable. You can use that to make them retractable, but they aren't intended to be.

the Landing Gear Module is an artifact from very early testing. Its greyed out because I decided although it made a good start when I was writing the plugin, the landing gear module aint that good. So originally it was supposed to work with that module, but then I left it behind and it no longer does.

EDIT : Also checked out that thread and popped a post in there Darren9. Great work! (now try and make the new version go that fast lol)

Ah, I see. I was kind of tickled when I tried un-commenting that module and discovered that my rovers could now tuck their wheels away for storage/flight/station-keeping, but the weird off-axis rotation made them too wonky to use, even if it didn't seem to affect the handling.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up! :)

I wanted my next and final engine for the engines update to feel a bit more agricultural.

I think I probably made it too agricultural.

AscMQPQ.png

Just wondering. What does the DEBUGTOGGLE do?

Its primarily a tool for me. I'll remove that in the future. Probably not at this weekends update though (if i get it out this weekend)

EDIT: another screenshot, 3 BDSD Engines being used on a heavy truck, and getting almost 60 m/s out of it. Multiwheels is back to decent speeds with the new engines for a variety of sizes.

0Il53cB.png

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.