TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

Are you consiedering expanding the MK2 fuselages like you did the MK3s at some later date?

I have no plans to expand the MK2 system. It's too small to really carry anything, so theres not much to add. At best it could get a docking port and an ASAS. a very small cargo bay is possible, but quite limiting.

A Mk2 probe/missile bay would be nice. Since B9 doesn't seem to be making much nowadays, this would be great for F22-style fighters built with his pack.

The docking port, a 1 or 2 kerbal crew tank (thin, ideally) and an MK2/1.25m LFO adapter are the bits (I think) that the current part-set is critically missing. Though the cargo bay and ASAS would be a big plus too :)

TT i have a dumb question, does .6 completely take the place of .5

what im trying to ask, does .6 have all the parts of .5 plus new ones? I saw a conversation about the BB and was curious. if i lose that bb i will lose several craft. i have DR working fine with .5

The embedded fuselage is really cool! I'm going to try this out because it could be a really neat way to launch small interplanetary craft from my spaceplanes that won't fit in the cargo bay, or larger probes that need a lot of fuel. Are they hollow, or can they perhaps have bomb-bay doors on the bottom for stuff like solar arrays, RCS, Etc? Likewise top and bottom versions would be sweet.

Some things I have been wishing for recently after working on my SSTO planes are a "bloated" Mk3 cargo bay (The B9 is TOO big, but a little more room would be nice), a Mk3 tail section similar to the B9 pack with radial attachments on the rear for engines, perhaps a Mk3 section with bulges or points for landing gear... Thats all I can remember now, having to much fun flying to the Mun. :D

Thanks for the awesome parts!

Mk. 44-C with MunSat

Bs5VyI7.jpg

Mk. 68-B (Maybe A model... Who knows)

fTh47TX.png

Qhy6CSX.png

Edited by Turd

I'm gonna mess around further, but so far this is an excellent way to launch planetary probes without using a gigantic rocket to get them into orbit since my regular SSTOs only have at the most 2 1/4 cargo bay lengths for payloads.

It could be used for TINY Mun craft, shot from LKO or dropped from Munar orbit but my plain cargo bays can handle 2-3 micro craft at a time... I'll have to mess with it further! I suppose if your launch vehicle is not capable of orbit by itself this would be MUCH more useful but I know I can have fun with it until I find its best application for my needs! Maybe ferrying fuel tanks to my Duna craft I'm assembling in space...

YbpBEle.jpg

rftJwSJ.png

TT i have a dumb question, does .6 completely take the place of .5

what im trying to ask, does .6 have all the parts of .5 plus new ones? I saw a conversation about the BB and was curious. if i lose that bb i will lose several craft. i have DR working fine with .5

0.6 is backcompatible with 0.5 saves and crafts. It adds parts and removes none. However you will need to add engines onto vehicles to make them work though, unless you are using landing gear (which now have electric motors and small batteries in).

So basically your craft and saves will all load, but some of your craft may end up helpless and unable to move, due to not having any kind of engine fitted.

You also MUST delete the old plugin files from Multiwheels 0.5 and replace them with the single plugin file.

0.6 is backcompatible with 0.5 saves and crafts. It adds parts and removes none. However you will need to add engines onto vehicles to make them work though, unless you are using landing gear (which now have electric motors and small batteries in).

So basically your craft and saves will all load, but some of your craft may end up helpless and unable to move, due to not having any kind of engine fitted.

You also MUST delete the old plugin files from Multiwheels 0.5 and replace them with the single plugin file.

Ok thank you very much for responding. I appreciate it.

Can you do a video tutorial on how to set it up with an engine?

Is the Mk3 Fuselage Cabin updated for .20.X?

As much as I love the B9 pack, the crew cabin pieces only have a 2-Kerbal capacity for the reasonably-sized one. XD

You can do that manually. Just point the config file for the stock Mk3 to TT's internals. I don't think I had any issues with it. I also pointed B9's pod to do the same thing (the big one that looks like the Mk3)

Is the Mk3 Fuselage Cabin updated for .20.X?

As much as I love the B9 pack, the crew cabin pieces only have a 2-Kerbal capacity for the reasonably-sized one. XD

It didn't need updating. As long as you still put it in the same legacy type folders (Parts folder, NOT gamedata) then its fine.

I'm gonna mess around further, but so far this is an excellent way to launch planetary probes without using a gigantic rocket to get them into orbit since my regular SSTOs only have at the most 2 1/4 cargo bay lengths for payloads.

It could be used for TINY Mun craft, shot from LKO or dropped from Munar orbit but my plain cargo bays can handle 2-3 micro craft at a time... I'll have to mess with it further! I suppose if your launch vehicle is not capable of orbit by itself this would be MUCH more useful but I know I can have fun with it until I find its best application for my needs! Maybe ferrying fuel tanks to my Duna craft I'm assembling in space...

http://i.imgur.com/YbpBEle.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rftJwSJ.png

Thanks for sharing! Let us know when you do find that idea application for you!

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

The ZIP for multi wheels seems to be broken. Can any one upload a working version?

I'd much rather they didn't. I've checked your PM and you're using Safari to try and download it. Spaceport isn't the most stable place ever, so I'd more recommend you try another more mainstream browser first. Get Firefox or Google Chrome and try again. They are all standard Zip and far as im aware, no one else has had a problem.

You mods are my favourite, at least, ATM. I love the view in the mk3 IVA, and the way it you see the kerbals faces so close. Just downloaded the MK3 extension parts, and they're the best cargo bays I've tried so far. And the better landing gear saves many inconveniaces where I've needed a plane to be pointing another way after landing it. So thank you.

And here are some happy users:

3JFB6Gl.png

(Not quite what it's meant for, but you know kerbals, they love to improvise..)

Hi, what is the best way of loading the mk3 cargo bay? its hard at the moment. Whats the trick?

Thanks

Typically the best way is to place a girder on top with your payload built off it. Then remove the payload off the girder and place inside.

B9 does include a plugin that opens bays when attached. It should be possible to add that to the CFG's for these bays. To be fair, I should have coded one myself ages ago, its not exactly hard to do either.

I'll keep it in mind and maybe add an option to do that later. But its always going to be tricky building in a cargo bay, due to the nature of the build enviroment. Build outside and then pull in is the most sure option.

TT here is a current project Im working on. Its just a Cargo and Crew carrier.

BQ1hnEI.jpg

It turns pretty good, but will turn even sharper if needed

Epu6ZxX.jpg

It will haul two DEMV and can cram a third in

8tCEF2l.jpg

ZTo7NGl.jpg

The weakest point is the connection of DR nodes.

Use of the small crane, i was also testing Sirkuts clamp mods, now i use them for everything i need to Rotate. Notice the track drives are still using the DR parts. In the first pics you can see where i replaced them. Sirkut is working on some sliders that i hope will eventually replace the lifters i have now.

PoSSi0G.jpg

Edited by viperwolf

Pitch vector engine seems useful, Touhou.

Useful but very niche while a rocket engine. They needed to be something a bit higher ISP. And to that end I've started an update to the Pitch Vector Engine mod - Jet engines. More specifically, a two nozzle clone of the Pegasus Engine. the TT Pegasus!

DIwu5U5.png

yeah its about 15 mins in if that. But hey, its a start. Be a while till its something usable ingame, but heres hype then.

The plan is to make it much faster responding than the Pitch Vector engine. In theory it'd be harder to control for that, but I'm tempted to start looking into joystick support for it soon...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.