TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

TT i get asked alot about the wheels im using. i always point them in your direction. Then they get discouraged bc of the format. all they need to do is wrap the parts correct? after that they can add the wrapped parts and plugin to the gamedata? or is it something else. Ive tried to explain ive been running your mod just the way it is with no problems.

You can either install the TT Wheels in the legacy ...\Kerbal Space Program\Parts and ...\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins folders or edit the .cfg's and add the PART{...} wrapper (this is what I do).

Did you place the plugin with it in gamedata or leave it in legacy?

Edited by viperwolf

Plugins run in either Legacy or Gamedata. Theres only a few excepts to this for all mods, one of them being kOS. Even Multiwheels 0.6 plugin should run in either directory, but you need to remember to put the plugindata folder that was included there with it.

Ok thank you TT,

Gristle if its ok with TT can you send me a copy of the wrapped parts sense you already have them that way. Then i dont have to go through all of them. But its not that big of a deal and easy to do.

EDIT: nevermind it did not take me to long to convert, thanks for the help everyone.

TT can i pass the converted folder to someone?figured i would ask sense i converted it and now want to give it to someone else

Edited by viperwolf

I can't get the legacy Modular Multiwheels packs. I want them, because I need more varied landing gear in various sizes (bigger than stock, anyway). I recall it had some.

TT i have a question. What is the difference between the legacy way and the new system/gamedata ?

Some say the performance is better and so on. but they are both doing the same thing. Is it easier for the program to run a mod from gamedata? I dont understand this area to much.nothing changes in the plugins and the parts cfg are wrapped to be recognized.

Double post fail/ i thought i was editing the one above

Edited by viperwolf

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd change the "FlightInputHandler.State" in the TTModularWheel.cs to "vessel.ctrlState" it's even compatible with MJ's rover autopilot.

You should also then comment out the "if (isActive == true) {" block so it can also keep controlling a nearby rover that's not the active vessel.

• 3 weeks later...

You can integrate them yourself if you want, it just requires two lines in the part.cfg.

I've been hand-updating these since .19 in order to make them work correctly as TT doesn't seem to be updating them at all. If you add the Part {} line to the configs, they work (except for the DRrobotics parts AFAIK, but I haven't tested those much--they rely on the defunct DR plugin). I also added these to the campaign mode using the new tech-tree lines, but I don't know the names of the tree so I just used 'start' for the parameter. Everything seems to work fine.

You can integrate them yourself if you want, it just requires two lines in the part.cfg.

I've been hand-updating these since .19 in order to make them work correctly as TT doesn't seem to be updating them at all. If you add the Part {} line to the configs, they work (except for the DRrobotics parts AFAIK, but I haven't tested those much--they rely on the defunct DR plugin). I also added these to the campaign mode using the new tech-tree lines, but I don't know the names of the tree so I just used 'start' for the parameter. Everything seems to work fine.

If you want to use anything robotics just use the MSI set. And delete those particular parts out of the modular mod.

Notes on cfg tinkering for modular multiwheels 0.6 for more compatibility with KSP 0.22 :

assume that user is using Infernal robotics to replace damned robotics
surround all cfgs with PART { }
updated other 0.22 related cfg data :
comment out rotpower, linpower, kp, kd from ttcab cfg. I guess it's deprecated?
some parts didnt have 'stagingIcon = [for example : COMMAND POD] ' ...don't know if there is a default.
changed module = 'Strut' to module = Part in some cfgs...don't know the reason for that, maybe it's better as Part.
changed category = [string] from category = [integer] in some configs, ..just easier to read.
TTcrewcab didn't have vesselType set. possibly not needed.
changed a few floppy hinge settings to be more like IR's settings. hopefully it helps :
jointSpring = 0.0000001 to match IR settings and using IR dll, i guess.
rotateLimits = False to match IR settings for similar parts
servoName = Floppy Hinge ..for convenience, lots of 'New Hinge' can be confusing. not tested.

Edited by localSol
removed link

"Ninja'd" unofficial update for modular multiwheels 0.6 for KSP 0.22 (TT made the mod and still maintains it) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83SmM0liV2ANjgzbmlTeFctcVE/edit?usp=sharing

Don't know if the link will work, never used that service before, let me know if it doesn't.

included this readme :

The folders in the zip go into the Parts folder of your TT install folder, to overwrite. Highly recommend KSPModAdmin to install, it goes over a normal 0.6 modular multiwheels install. Parts won't appear in career mode - possibly 'TechRequired = techname in the cfgs would work, or use TreeEdit.

Are you maintaining this now?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.