TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

ditto.

it's like turning over a new leaf. although this is turning over a new mod repository. :P

Huh? Create a new thread and break the subscriptions the rest of us have to keep updated on any developments? That's what B9 did, and I went for weeks without even being aware of it. :/

After Installing KSP clean with only mechJeb and TTPitchVector Engines installed, the MechJeb thrust and actual engine thrust are still off by a factor of 2. I have a 64 bit machine, could that be an issue? I remember the engines working fine for me before an update (or two?) ago. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Perhaps I don't have the correct version of the files? (although like I said, I remember it working before) - I see TT is back, but none of the download links work, so I can't check if I have the latest version, though I am pretty sure I do, unless TT has made a newer one while away. Anyway, I am pretty sure something in the last kerbal update or two broke it for me (or maybe in one of the co-responding MJ updates)...

The engines are still powered by the stock engine module, and the only one at all that alters engine output is the scorpion engine. All the others use it as is. I'd suggest reporting it to the mechjeb thread as this most likely occurs for other reasons and probably with other mods. If you wanted to figure out why more precisely, I'd check if it occurs on the Pegasus (uses two instead of one thrust transforms, though some stock engines use up to four now so seems unlikely as a cause) or the Scorpion (modifies stock engine thrust-limiter on the fly) or if this occurs on all engines, but ultimately this is still a mechjeb issue to me, so feedback on which one went wrong and why should go to the mechjeb thread.

I would agree that its a MJ issue, except that MJ agrees with the thrust listed in part.cfg, but when actually on the runway (not the editor) the engines only produce half! I.e., the engine claims 120kN, mechjeb uses that to estimate from the vessel mass, a TWR of, say, 1.5, and once I click "launch" I see the engine maxing out (full throttle) at 60kN, and needless to say don't take off with .75 for TWR... So something seems to be causing the engine (all 3 of them) to put out half the thrust... Last I checked I had only MJ and the engines, no other mods. I will try testing it again though, and maybe check to see what version of Pitch Vector engines I have. Though like I said before, I'm guessing its the last one... Anyway, while I could arbitrarily double the thrusts of my engines, so they would go to normal, I am pretty sure MJ would still be screwed up, making it hard to balance mixed-engine vessels... And, while this is quite a silly reason for sure, not being able to use these epic engines (correctly anyway) has basically kept me from playing kerbal for the last month or so. Dumb reason, I know, but I really like those engines, and using them in conjunction with other engines in forward flight (out of vtol), which is a pain to compute when the engines put out 1/2 thrust in flight but MJ reports full in editor (I've been doing that since thrust limiting became a thing in the editor, so you could turn some engines off and check balance). If only I knew enough to fix it I would totally try. I Will work up the patience to test it again, and post results, maybe the problem vanished as magically as it appeared (can only hope)...

PS: Can I post images (screenshots) here? Would screenshots of the problem help?

• 2 weeks later...

TehouTorpedo: In light of the recent Mk 2 parts update, I have a feeling that your Mk 3 Expansion pack might be gazumped sometime soon by a similar stock Mk 3 parts upgrade. This is mainly based on the fact that I noticed last night, the underside of the new Mk 2 parts doesn't fit flush with the stock Mk 3 parts anymore.

TehouTorpedo: In light of the recent Mk 2 parts update, I have a feeling that your Mk 3 Expansion pack might be gazumped sometime soon by a similar stock Mk 3 parts upgrade. This is mainly based on the fact that I noticed last night, the underside of the new Mk 2 parts doesn't fit flush with the stock Mk 3 parts anymore.

Squad already has the MK3 remade, they aren't going to release it until .26 or after. Some has a picture of it, I was trying to look threw forums and find it again. It was made by a intern that use to be at Squad or is still there. I think the MK2 cockpit will get redone also.

Squad already has the MK3 remade, they aren't going to release it until .26 or after. Some has a picture of it, I was trying to look threw forums and find it again. It was made by a intern that use to be at Squad or is still there. I think the MK2 cockpit will get redone also.

Here it is:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92402-Space-Shuttles?p=1384006&viewfull=1#post1384006

Hah, funnily enough I'd seen that picture before but I assumed it was just another mod. Thanks for setting me right.

• 2 months later...

With the stock Mk3 parts are being replaced with larger versions, I could still see TT's Mk3 parts being adapted to the updated Mk2 platform as "Mk2B" or "Oversized Mk2" parts. The cargo bays, in particular, as the stock Mk2 cargo bays are so narrow. Adapting the old Mk3 cargo bays to the new Mk2 parts would allow some much better options for one-man landers and such.

I kind of like the bulged aesthetics of the Dreamlifter:

10.jpg

Any chances of that?

Edited by RoboRay

• 4 weeks later...
the download links dont work. plz help?

These mods have been withdrawn* by its creator. Consider them defunct and move along.

* Actually, they've not be reuploaded to any of the new mod distribution sites.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.