TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

touhou, i really love your multiwheels mod, and ive been using it for a while now. however, in .20 the DRBallbearing, and the hing dont show up. i tried installing damned robotics, but when i do the load-up bar stops at the DRBallbearing. please help, i really need that part for my spaceship im designing.
They needed the old MuMech plugin which isn't updated for 0.20.

The "old MuMech plugin" is the same plugin that runs MechJeb 1.9.8.

It's called "MuMechLib.dll", and I can confirm from personal experience that the MechJeb part of it works in 0.20.

I know this because I was still using MechJeb 1.9.8 when I started playing KSP 0.20, because I was waiting for a reasonably stable version of MechJeb 2.0 to be released. (Of course, after I upgraded to MechJeb 2.0.8 I realize that I didn't need to wait as long as I did)

I did have a very minor issue when I installed MechJeb 1.9.8 in KSP 0.20, but it's quite simple to do. Instead of merging MechJeb's "PluginData" folder with the KSP_win/PluginData folder, you need to put it in KSP_win/Plugins/PluginData (just like any of the "old system" plugins that still work in KSP 0.20)

edit: While I DO know that the MechJeb 1.9.8 autopilot functions in MuMechLib.dll work in KSP 0.20, I have not tested the Damned Robotics parts. Therefore, while the fact that the MechJeb part of the plugin is working means that it is POSSIBLE, I do not know for sure if that means that that the Damned Robotics part of the MuMechLib.dll plugin is working.

Additionally, because I don't really use those parts very much anyways, I will probably not be testing them.

Edited by SciMan

The "old MuMech plugin" is the same plugin that runs MechJeb 1.9.8.

It's called "MuMechLib.dll", and I can confirm from personal experience that the MechJeb part of it works in 0.20.

I know this because I was still using MechJeb 1.9.8 when I started playing KSP 0.20, because I was waiting for a reasonably stable version of MechJeb 2.0 to be released. (Of course, after I upgraded to MechJeb 2.0.8 I realize that I didn't need to wait as long as I did)

I did have a very minor issue when I installed MechJeb 1.9.8 in KSP 0.20, but it's quite simple to do. Instead of merging MechJeb's "PluginData" folder with the KSP_win/PluginData folder, you need to put it in KSP_win/Plugins/PluginData (just like any of the "old system" plugins that still work in KSP 0.20)

The question is does this allow Damned Robotics to work?

Edited my previous post, edit summary:

The fact that the MechJeb part of the plugin works means that it is POSSIBLE that the Damned Robotics part also works (since they use the same plugin).

I have not tested the Damned Robotics parts in KSP 0.20, mostly because I don't use them often, if at all.

Also, I'm not a coder, so I have no idea if plugins in KSP are able to work "partially" (example: MechJeb works but DR doesn't) or not.

So, to answer the question:

Q: Does "MechJeb 1.9.8 works in KSP 0.20" mean "Damned Robotics works in KSP 0.20"?

A: No, but it does mean that it is not impossible.

Edited my previous post, edit summary:

The fact that the MechJeb part of the plugin works means that it is POSSIBLE that the Damned Robotics part also works (since they use the same plugin).

I have not tested the Damned Robotics parts in KSP 0.20, mostly because I don't use them often, if at all.

Also, I'm not a coder, so I have no idea if plugins in KSP are able to work "partially" (example: MechJeb works but DR doesn't) or not.

So, to answer the question:

Q: Does "MechJeb 1.9.8 works in KSP 0.20" mean "Damned Robotics works in KSP 0.20"?

A: No, but it does mean that it is not impossible.

From what your description sounds like, you have the Plugin_Date folder under KSP_Win>Plugins?

I've not heard of anyone getting Damned Robotics to work thus far, so I wouldn't hold your breath about the hinges working anytime soon. They're still in the mod only for purposes of both recent legacy and potential for a future fix.

Although, if someone just made a plain bearing and hinge without all the GUI stuff that'd be a lot neater. I really haven't got the time to pile through the mechjeb libraries to work it out though.

Any case, I'm about to release a new FullWing cargo SSTO that will use the new door and the B9 pack (thanks to the mkIV adapter). The new door allow a much easier undock for the cargo and a docking maneuver to bring back wide loads from orbit

I actually hadn't considered this. Very innovative! (I'm glad I set up that dev pack for B9 since its obviously proving useful here!)

Whenever I use any wheel except for the onmi wheel from your modular wheel pack while in space, my ship starts spinning out of control. With no atmosphere.

Could be Torque output from the wheels responding to rover controls maybe. click the brake icon up the top and see if that helps.

thanks for the mod btw, Here are a few pics of what i use them for.

http://i.imgur.com/LOWquyQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rVyEj2F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S96PmwI.jpg

Wait, is that in 0.20? How have you got the hinges working if so.

(Also looks great)

Could be Torque output from the wheels responding to rover controls maybe. click the brake icon up the top and see if that helps.

(Also looks great)

Doesn't look like it, the DEMV Mk2 is correctly scaled. It's broken in 20.0

Are your wheels now using the same control scheme as the stock wheels? If not, how would I edit one or the other so they all operate consistently according my (or someone else's) preference?

(this may have been answered, but I haven't tracked back enough in the thread to find an answer yet. If I do find it, I'll edit this post with what I find out)

Are your wheels now using the same control scheme as the stock wheels? If not, how would I edit one or the other so they all operate consistently according my (or someone else's) preference?

(this may have been answered, but I haven't tracked back enough in the thread to find an answer yet. If I do find it, I'll edit this post with what I find out)

My wheels read the rover throttle and steering control states, so whatever you have the controls set to is what they respond to. They also have an option to switch to throttle control mode, where the ship throttle will control the wheel motors. (sweet cruise control)

(Also looks great)

No that is .19, Im awaiting an update for DR or mumechlib.dll. i was able to get to my truck though. I went in the craft save file and deleted the attached bbearing parts. then was able to load the truck. My mods depend heavily on Yours,Bobcat, and DR. I finally figured out how to change the part files. Btw if anyone is interested, and im sure its been covered many places. But if you want to use the MK 2 or MK5 from bobcat, Just add the PART {} and delete the plugin, use the HOME plugin instead. someone explained this to me earlier and it works. There is a small re scale, but i have not run into that problem so far. Thanks TT for the compliment, i just downloaded your TTMK 4

I've decided to go back to an old idea, and work on 1.875m standard parts (size 1.5 circular, dead between the stock KSP sizes and easy to make stuff for)

I had previously made, but not released, an engine at 1.875 size which was intended to work as KSP-X style stock-a-like implementation of a midsize.

screenshot113-2.png

That was the only 1.875 part I got around to making, though. So without a dedicated tank or adapters it wasn't really ever gonna go much further.

Still, I've revived the idea after I started getting interested in a newer maximal visibility cockpit idea. Heres the current design:

SoaSVg0.png

I can't really make any big changes to it as a lot has gone on inside now, but essentially the plan is this (older picture, models more detailed now):

2m3bfDN.png

I did a little more fiddling on that cockpit, but I hit a snag and decided I wanted a break. But not from KSP modding!

I've revived an older project. The rover ASAS! And whats more - now it works!

RXFIqRT.png

See that heading? Its been that for almost entirely the past 40 minutes of game time. But thats been 20 minutes of PLAY time. its all been at x2 timewarp! and all I did was set the throttle to max, point at 300, and turn on ASAS. Thats it.

I've got to make a dedicated model for the module, but yeah, rover ASAS. At the moment it only controls steering, not throttle or accelerator. Modular wheels comes with a mode that can do this anyway (throttle mode). I may add in throttle/accelerator control anyway, that wont be too hard. but for now I thought I'd update that this may be out later today!

As promised here the new SSTO cargo preview:

rvhR9sul.png

jf113odl.png

wUTtFHNl.png

the SSTO can bring in orbit (any) 25 tons, and can bring also down to kerbin the same weight. The First application of this beauty is the MSS (Moon Shuttle System): The SSTO mother ship will bring in orbit a MoonShuttle (6000 m/s ∆V) with Landing capabilities and with 8 crew member (2+6). T

he shuttle is designed to allow easy dock/undock from the SSTO mother ship. Has ∆V to do any shuttle mission (eg LKO->Mün->Mimnus->LKO). This system represent now the cheapest way to ferry crew around kerbin system since the trip will cost just the fuel and everything will be reused (ssto, shuttle).

Technically I need to use the quantum struct, the SSTO has an innovative engine block that old everything (fuel, oxidizer, turbojets air Intake and rocket) but the main challenge was to find the needed balancing to allow easy launches and returns with/without the Shuttle on board.

Edited by pinolallo

I think you should definitely add in throttle control to the ASAS. To get the right speed with Shift/Ctrl is hard, because it's like ''UP UP UP UP UP'' when you tap Shift, and ''DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN'' when you tap Ctrl. (Not really, but you should know what I mean. :P)

I think you should definitely add in throttle control to the ASAS. To get the right speed with Shift/Ctrl is hard, because it's like ''UP UP UP UP UP'' when you tap Shift, and ''DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN'' when you tap Ctrl. (Not really, but you should know what I mean. :P)
A built in throttle control would be fantastic, even if it's just a cruise control that attempts to maintain whatever speed you have when you activate it.

The rover autopilot is already released and has throttle control in the ASAS for holding speed - You can download it, ignore the "placeholder do not download" - Spaceport has bugged out and got jammed on the wrong image. I've tried the download though, the download itself is working fine.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/rover-asas/

EDIT : Spaceport page has been removed and is being updated for the hope the bug will go away. In the meantime, heres a mediafire link.

http://www./download/fcg49bcfral6f26/TTRoverASAS.zip

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

TT i modified my first carrier jet, your mods helped alot with the B9 mods. This was posted in the B9 thread

This is My Viper Carrier 1 Class 5

Short list specs.

-Heavy cargo plane with ruff terrain landing capabilities/also overload jets for heavier cargo and short take offs, if required.

( the OL jets location is one under the nose and two in the rear with landing gears)

-Take off runway in less than half of the strip.

-will climb and hold At 17,000 m @ 900 m/s <---not sure if this is an error

-10k is a cruise height @ 488m/s with overload jets on and 426 without

-will keep a sustained unloaded flight 900m @ 98m/s without overload jets on

-i tested weight with Orange tanks

-this plane is capable of flying into space by replacing the OL jets with sabres

- very stable flight

NOTE: Im very new at this, in fact this jet is just my first one modified. So i have no idea what im doing lol.

ng2BSYc.png

SUByb97.jpg

u5AHTyr.png

X6sl90R.jpg

Edited by viperwolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.