[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I hope all parameters be set with tweakables.

I hope not.

My experience with tweakables in stock parts as well as in other mods, but especially in this one, has been awful.

It is too clunky and limited and the lack of alphanumeric input fields is jarring. Try setting a wing thickness between 0.01 and 0.36. I dare you.

I hope not.

My experience with tweakables in stock parts as well as in other mods, but especially in this one, has been awful.

It is too clunky and limited and the lack of alphanumeric input fields is jarring. Try setting a wing thickness between 0.01 and 0.36. I dare you.

I can do that easily with Procedural Parts. You can set the tanks at any length or diameter up to 3 sig figs (1.234m).

Hello guys,

Long time lurker on these forums, this is my first post ;-)

I'm having a problem with this mod, went back looking for answers in this thread but without results.

I have no control to re-shape the wings, so r-t-g buttons are not working for me.

Got a lot of other mods installed but no editor mod.

Anybody got an idea why?

Kind regards,

JC

FAR does not account for the thickness.

I have only been reading a good 5 pages back, but it seems you are doing something with the mod. Has DYJ given the mod or rest or what is going on?

I hope not.

I haven't used this mod in a little while, but did it also add the sizing variables to the tweakable menu like other procedural parts? If so, setting the size through that menu is an issue with the other procedural parts (like PFairings) and even resources for stock tanks. For whatever reason, the slider has a gap near the bottom of the slider which causes a huge jump between 0 and a larger increment.

If the tweakable GUI was as good as Procedural Parts then yes, it would be nice, but I tend to agree with MAKC that the tweakable system as a whole is no good for precision work. Those of use playing with Realism Overhaul mods tend to be a bit.. well... lets say discerning because uptight doesnt sound as fun. Though, regarding your challenge of setting a thickness between 0.1 and 0.36, behold:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thickness is indeed only cosmetic as FAR nor vanilla aerodynamics account for any variations in wingprofile yet.

And once again I have to remind people that even though I might not have posted anything on the forum in a while I haven't perished, while I've been busy with work and whatnot lately I'm still active on IRC if you want to get in touch with me. And since I'm not yet dead I haven't given up on this mod and will not hand it over willy-nilly. Experience tells me that's a surefire way to kill off a mod (no offense intended to any hopeful future caretakers) .

While I think DaMichels "2bonesperchord" system is cool for the current placeholder wings it makes little sense using any more realistic profiles ( like the WIP one I posted a few pages back) and as such I don't think it fits within the scope of the mod.

The issue with the tweakables slider being objectively awful I honestly hoped would go away by itself seeing how it's a game issue and totally not my fault for once. But since that doesn't seem to be happening I'd gladly look at any GUI code people are willing to share and implement that as an option.

TLDR: If I die I'll tell you, so stop with the wishful thinking.

The issue with the tweakables slider being objectively awful I honestly hoped would go away by itself seeing how it's a game issue and totally not my fault for once. But since that doesn't seem to be happening I'd gladly look at any GUI code people are willing to share and implement that as an option.

This was mine & probably many others' assumption as well. Someone needs to poke Squad with a glowing hot fire iron.

Edited by MAKC

You did see the PM with the control surface fix i send you like four weeks ago?

Not trying to take over your project. I'm merely trying to contribute and i totally respect your license.

• 2 weeks later...

First time with this mod here, doesn't seem to be working for me though. When I add the wing to a ship it just stays at the same length and doesn't shape itself at all. I figured maybe I need to do this from the right click menu but the only options were root and tip thickness. I also tried the R, T, G + mouseover controls and nothing happened. I'm using B9 as my only other mod for planes and the only other thing I could think of that may be conflicting is the new Tweakscale plugin. Any ideas how I can get this up and running? I'd really like use this instead for wings and remove as many other wings from my inventory as possible.

Kerbonautical, I had an issue with tweakscale where the KSPAPIextensions.dll that was placed in the root gamedata folder was conflicting with Procedural Parts. Different mod, I know but just try removing your tweakscale and any other files that addon put in the gamedata directory. I have loads of mods installed on mine so far!

The only issue I have with this, would be that if the center of the root of a wing piece is off screen, the rest of the wing will disappear. It's something I can live with however. :) Will be great if this has texture switching eventually. I so want to put heat tiles on my Shuttle!

Any chance you could add root and tip chord, span and sweep to the right click menu as well? I feel like this would make it easier to build wings precisely. Maybe have it as a separate function, so that one could first create a rough design by hand and then tweak it by using the sliders/buttons/whatever.

Do the control surfaces save their changed dimensions to the .craft file? I've been trading files of crafts using P Wings and the control surfaces are always reverted to their standard proportions when the new person loads it up

Any chance you could add root and tip chord, span and sweep to the right click menu as well? I feel like this would make it easier to build wings precisely. Maybe have it as a separate function, so that one could first create a rough design by hand and then tweak it by using the sliders/buttons/whatever.

And a texture switcher :-)

Hey, just downloaded your mod. I love it.

Just a thought, if you have access to Unity's Screen.showCursor property, you could hide the mouse while the user is adjusting the wings. That would prevent the problem where the mouse moves off the wing during editing and you have to keep dragging the mouse back over and over again.

It's a really simple API too, just Screen.showCursor = false; when starting the edit, then back to true when you're done.

Here's the docs page for it: http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Screen-showCursor.html