[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I tried using this mod. I can place the Pwing parts but after I place them I can't even mouse over. They just stay there, wont turn green when moused over and I can't select them either.

Can someone help please? I really want to use this mod.

Can someone help please? I really want to use this mod.

Are you sure the part has attached to the ship properly? It sounds like the part has just been "set aside" where you can't manipulate it. Pick up the part and place your cursor on a part of the ship itself before clicking, see if that fixes it.

Are you sure the part has attached to the ship properly? It sounds like the part has just been "set aside" where you can't manipulate it. Pick up the part and place your cursor on a part of the ship itself before clicking, see if that fixes it.

Yeah I'v placed it down properly. I click on the part in the menu, I put it down any where, on my ship or not, it is now there for ever. I can reclick it again to move it around, it is just stuck.

Can you share a screenshot of the part attached to the ship in the SPH?

Also, forgive me if you already knew this, but the wing's shape is changed by holding R, T, or G with the mouse over the part and dragging (no clicking). It's a little tricky to get the hang of at first.

NdiuE.jpg

My installation folder.

As you can see below, they are attached properly, I can't click them or move them or delete them any more unless I press CTRL+Z. Once I place it down, it can't be clicked. In the picture I had my mouse over the wings but it doesn't turn green. aIXej.jpg

That screenshot shows the PWings parts are massively duplicated – the white streaks are a result of multiple overlapping parts.

It's possible, though unlikely, that the problem is a result of your outdated version of Module Manager: 2.1.5 was built for KSP 0.23.5. Make sure all your mods are the latest versions – there were even community-driven updates to B9 for 0.24+.

Can you replicate the problem with just PWings in a fresh install of KSP? Please also see the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. It will tell you where to find the information you should include in a support request.

Thank you for this mod!!! I've built a spaceplane, which is capable of enormous hights and more!! The engine is able to work until about 67'000 meters (If you do it correctly)!

http://www11.pic-upload.de/31.08.14/gh15wk53cc1q.png

http://www11.pic-upload.de/31.08.14/6cuxpovb99lt.png

http://www11.pic-upload.de/31.08.14/tki2ek71dhj.png

Psssshhhhhh that's not intake spamming at all! Why don't we have planes like that IRL? :P

Sarcasm

I have a few requests I think could improve this plugin.

The first is to make it so the mouse cursor doesn't move when R T or G is depressed. If you force the cursor to stay put while the control keys are down, it would minimize accidentally changing the wing when working on the tail if one appears behind the other. To clarify, the wing size would change, but the cursor wouldn't move... until you let go of the contol key.

The second is NEAR support. I'm just throwing my hat in the pile for that one.

I have a few requests I think could improve this plugin.

The first is to make it so the mouse cursor doesn't move when R T or G is depressed. If you force the cursor to stay put while the control keys are down, it would minimize accidentally changing the wing when working on the tail if one appears behind the other. To clarify, the wing size would change, but the cursor wouldn't move... until you let go of the contol key.

I second this. I'm always screwing up my wings when trying to resize control surfaces. It's not a dealbreaker, but it does get annoying sometimes. Otherwise, this is one of my favorite mods, and I can't do space planes without it. :cool:

How do I get all moving pWings to work? is the rigging setup different than standard pWing surface? I used the same modules from AllMovingSurface; by my part doesn't move after Launch.

for the all moving pWing I have ModuleControlSurface; WingManipulator; FARControllaSurface modules. rigging parts are all named matching the sample pWing FBX. I'm missing a proper transform for FARControllableSurface... how do I give the correct transform? MovableSection= or movableSecation = didn't do the trick.

edit: adding another transform obj_ctrlSrf did the trick... but movement is flipped... roll shows pitch movements, pitch shows roll movements. actual control forces are correct though.

Edited by nli2work

New to this mod, for some reason it seems as though my CoL is always much farther forward than what the SPH is telling me, when I try to fly my planes with procedural wings they always flip up and over, normal wings no problem.... Thoughts?

New to this mod, for some reason it seems as though my CoL is always much farther forward than what the SPH is telling me, when I try to fly my planes with procedural wings they always flip up and over, normal wings no problem.... Thoughts?

post a picture from the SPH with COM, COL, and COT on

http://snag.gy/NdiuE.jpg

My installation folder.

As you can see below, they are attached properly, I can't click them or move them or delete them any more unless I press CTRL+Z. Once I place it down, it can't be clicked. In the picture I had my mouse over the wings but it doesn't turn green. http://snag.gy/aIXej.jpg

I am having the same problem.

Anyone know if there's a Spaceplane Plus procedural wing?

the only thing i can think of to make a Spaceplane Plus Wing if for personal use "make your own texture" and use the texture replacer mod

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-0-24-TextureReplacer-1-6-1-(18-7-2014)-Fixed-for-0-24

have not read the licence but generally modifications of Textures without the modifying the Mod files should be allowed. i could be wrong double check the license.

i am stupid but ignore that...

ok so how do i get the Mark 4's elevators to work? also seems to not be doing anything towards lift.

Edited by TheWired

Hopefully Porkjet can add a procedural wing at some point. I found a post where he said he might do one.

Does anyone know if there's a way to lower the impact that the procedural control surfaces have on CoL? I think it moves it back to much compared to non procedural control surfaces of similar size.

Normal b9 control surfaces

iLBEJbY.jpg

Procedural b9 control surface, moves the CoL farther back despite being smaller :mad:;.;

61WdIQB.jpg