[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

all works good for me didant test it on the new wings

i only have a problem or it is new but can't set the streght of the control servers don't know if it your mod or firespitter ( us your control servers )

thanks for the sweet mod (all ready fix the control servers ting its not your mod ;) )

Edited by Spooks

Is the latest release compatible with .24.2 x64? I just want to get access to the new Sp+ wings.

Nothing is necessarily compatible with x64. The best you can do is try and hope it doesn't crash, because the crash is Squad's fault, not the mod developer's. As for general 0.24.2 compatibility I don't know.

I've never thought of .24.2 x64 version as that unstable as some people on the forums say. All I know is my install with RO and 60+ mods seems to work just fine. However, to be more specific:

Do the new Sp+ wings need an updated DYJLibrary.dll to work, or are they "just" models+cfgs that could work in the previous release. I don't want to upgrade to .25 yet. Thanks.

I've never thought of .24.2 x64 version as that unstable as some people on the forums say. All I know is my install with RO and 60+ mods seems to work just fine. However, to be more specific:

Do the new Sp+ wings need an updated DYJLibrary.dll to work, or are they "just" models+cfgs that could work in the previous release. I don't want to upgrade to .25 yet. Thanks.

Statistically speaking it's unstable. You have just gotten lucky. I did for a while too, but eventually it started crashing more often than not. The bottom line is that it's impossible for mod developers to support x64 - if it works for you, great, if not then Squad is the one to blame.

As for the SP+ wing, I haven't looked specifically, but it appears to function the same way as all the other wings so I doubt there's any reason it wouldn't work with the previous version.

Statistically speaking it's unstable. You have just gotten lucky. I did for a while too, but eventually it started crashing more often than not. The bottom line is that it's impossible for mod developers to support x64 - if it works for you, great, if not then Squad is the one to blame.

As for the SP+ wing, I haven't looked specifically, but it appears to function the same way as all the other wings so I doubt there's any reason it wouldn't work with the previous version.

Thanks. I'll do some tests later and report here. And just to clarify, I don't blame modders for x64 instability - in fact I feel nothing but gratitude and respect towards them. My first post was written in the context of "do-these-new-parts-work-with-the-previous-release-of-THIS-mod". Now let's go build a winged contraption of fire and awsome.

Hey DJY.

Since you are back on this stuff ... Could you please clarify in your license whether it is allowed to upload forks and make pull requests? Because, just stating that distribution of derivative work is forbidden makes me wonder if you mean binary distributions.

Not that i intend to contribute anything. I might have. But, do you remember the stuff i did with the leading/trailing edges scaling? I lost the code for it. :( :(

Hey DYJ, thanks for all the hard work!

Quick question though, I'm on KSP 25 x64, and when I change the tip scale, it also scales the thickness of the wing:

As you can see, the wing with thickness 5 is not very thick at all.. Is it supposed to be like this, is it an error on my end, or is it simply a bug?

Nevermind, was dumb and then did a bit of reading :P

Edited by Dale Gribble

I got chatter to work on my 64 bit client even thought its for .25 I think its possible for this to run on .24 im not sure though

SO far it runs fine on my 24.2 Haven't flown the Shuttle yet but in the Editor it seems to work great.

This mod is awesome! Thanks for updating I cringed at the idea of having to go back to making large wings from lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of little pieces and then strutting it altogether. And then crashing.........

Yesterday i spent like 5 hours trying to make an ssto work... a simple one... coudn't do it... then i saw this mod, and i felt like

, i'm gonna try it right now!!! Looks amazing.-

If i understood correctly i just need to have FAR installed and it will work just fine right??

Guys i just have a question... even with this amazing wings... though it improved stability a notch, i'm still having serious issues making even the simplier SSTO, with rapier engines, and with dual engines (jet + any other LF+O engine)... I just don't know, i managed in previous versions to make more or less successful SSTO's... but with the current version I just can't, they won't make it... and i believe i'm pretty experienced when it comes to gameplay... Though I watched dozens of tutorials and I know most of the rules that apply to building an ssto... I know FAR was changed to better reflect real life aerodynamics... Is it harder with the current version or am I doing something clearly wrong???

Basic rules i follow=

1) CoM slightly ahead of CoL

2) Control Surfaces only managing the needed movement (pitch or roll or yaw, could do pitch and roll or yaw)

3) Most times delta wings or some kind of modification of it...

4) Ascent profile, as fast as you can until 10k +/-reached, then decrease the AoA to gain as much speed as possible while still raising altitude a little bit, when engines are about to choke, throtle down and keep doing it until you have to change mode or switch engine, by then you should have around 1.3/1.5 m/s at least... then circularize, blah blah...

Am i that bad when it comes to building a SSTO????

Guys i just have a question... even with this amazing wings... though it improved stability a notch, i'm still having serious issues making even the simplier SSTO, with rapier engines, and with dual engines (jet + any other LF+O engine)... I just don't know, i managed in previous versions to make more or less successful SSTO's... but with the current version I just can't, they won't make it... and i believe i'm pretty experienced when it comes to gameplay... Though I watched dozens of tutorials and I know most of the rules that apply to building an ssto... I know FAR was changed to better reflect real life aerodynamics... Is it harder with the current version or am I doing something clearly wrong???

Basic rules i follow=

2) Control Surfaces only managing the needed movement (pitch or roll or yaw, could do pitch and roll or yaw)

4) Ascent profile, as fast as you can until 10k +/-reached, then decrease the AoA to gain as much speed as possible while still raising altitude a little bit, when engines are about to choke, throtle down and keep doing it until you have to change mode or switch engine, by then you should have around 1.3/1.5 m/s at least... then circularize, blah blah...

Well what's going wrong?

Basic rules i follow=

I believe you mean km/s, unless you want to be going a few inches forward every second.

I think the attachment node on the SP+ procedural wing might be off by a bit - as it is the wing doesn't even intersect the hull of the ship it attaches to.

2014-10-15_00001_zps2e6f03ac.jpg

Also, it seems like under FAR the CoL isn't updating as a bring the wingtip back. ferram4 informs me that this may be an issue with PWings:

2014-10-15_00002_zpsf0598e98.jpg
Edited by blowfish

Well what's going wrong?

Well i continued to work on it, and I got better at the design i guess... the best i got was getting to 25k, after that it just starts to stall in every possible way... it's not a flat spin only, or just one deviation... basicaly i loose control of it... entirely... I tried throttling back, switching to rockets but so far i have no success... And if by any chance i try to hit the rockets before that critical point i end up not having enough fuel to perform the orbital manouvers... Tried different combinations of engines and fuels amounts (including oxidyzer), turbojet+nuclear, turbojet+LVs, and turbojets+rapier, the most successful one was the last one... The airplane works well without ASAS/capsule torque, i can use the Trim function to fly it perfectly, deciding the ascent rate almost by unit... and when it comes to speed i'm at 24km +/- altitude and 1600 m/s, aim for 20/30º pitch and switch to rocket mode, SAS on, and I use all my fuel before achieving anything...

I'm not sure but i'm feeling it has to do with the nerfed thrust but i'm not sure if i want to edit the files, 'cause it's supposed to work that nerfed way...

The mods I'm currently using are=

000_Toolbar

Better Science Labs

Chatterer

EditorExtensions

FerramAerospaceResearch

KAS

KerbalEngineer

KSPLua

MagicSmokeIndustries

NavyFish

OpenResourceSystem

ORSResourcePack

PartCatalog

Procedural Dynamics

ProceduralFairings

RCSBuildAid

RemoteTech

StationScience

TACFuelBalancer

TACLifeSupport

TreeLoader

TriggerTech

WarpPlugin

(some of those folders correspond to only one mod, like Interstellar)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aSVX6LI.jpg

B6U9jWq.jpg

AQLW0eu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aSVX6LI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B6U9jWq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AQLW0eu.jpg

Edited by GabeTeuton