[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

@DYJ

Hey, I was wondering if you were aware of Dreadicon's desire to try and do the coding himself to add wet wings and wings with solar panels on the upper surface to this mod:

My most recent obsession has been space planes, and by proxy, the Procedural Wings mod, which I am trying to build an addon for with solar panel-covered wings and wings which carry fuel.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94267-Dread-Industries-Unlimited-%28Potential-Project-Poll-Posted!%29?p=1501396&viewfull=1#post1501396

It seems, if you can't/won't do the coding yourself, he's willing to do it for you. He has some experiencing coding with KSP (enough to have his own dev thread, which that link/quote goes to a post on), and I've seen some of his work first-hand when working with him on a RealFuels/KSP-Interstellar integration config, so I have little doubt he's up to the task...

So, what are the chances you could go and work with him, and we could finally see these much-desired features become a part of the mod!? :)

Regards,

Northstar

I'm scratching my head to no end here.

Someone else had this problem WAY back in the thread but nobody answered him. I hope it's not another mod conflicting.

I follow the instruction of holding one of the modifier key while mousing over a part and then move the cursor but nothing happens. Am I retarded?

Hi,

I'm having a problem with pWing when I move wings after a re-shape, and I haven't seen any post dealing with, so here it is :

Add some pWing on a plane :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/439179pWinggood.jpg

Then move them a bit :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/164551pWingbad.jpg

Bang! The center of lift is misplaced :huh:

I'm using pWing since a long time and it's the first time I got that (no problem with older ksp/pwing version), I'm also using FAR, I don't know if the problem can come from it.

It seems it's just a display problem, plane seems to work perfectly and problem disappear when reverting flight to hangar

This seems to have been buried, anyone have a fix for this? I keep running into the same issue

In an older version of pWings, I seem to recall wings stretching much more quickly/easily while I held the "G" key. Now to get a wingtip to extend the same distance it takes many more mouse-overs.

It's annoying, but not really critical by any means. Nonetheless, is there a way to fix that? Maybe n adjustable setting somewhere?

Help, i have a problem with the mod. Whenever i install it al stock parts do not appear in-game. Anyone know what causes this.

Without more information, no idea. Please read this and we might be able to help you more.

My first guess is that you're on a Mac and aren't merging the folders, just doing the default behaviour which is to replace the previous contents of the Gamedata folder with the stuff you're copying over.

problem : Procedural wings will not connect to the hull of a ship, and stay transparant.

Solution :

1) update ferrum arospace. if you have an older version than is current, this could be interfeering with this mod

2) go to page 92 of this thread and download the replacement .dll apparantly the current .dll is not fully compatable with the current modloader.

I did these 2 things and my game is fixed.

also. I feel I should point out that certain individuals with this problem and others should consider there words more carefully. as this and all other mods. is FREE! be a bit more respectful to the guy who is doing all the HARD WORK and letting you share in the frits of there labor.

p.s. thank you for creating this mod. I simply can't build a plane without it.

My first guess is that you're on a Mac

Nope im not on a mac.

I do the usual thing. I Put the mod in a clean install of ksp and only the NASA parts show and procedural wings stuff. But when i remove the mod everything works fine?

EDIT: And it worked fine in version 24.2 with the previous version of procedural wings.

Edited by Rabidsimon

Hey :D

I've read about toggle-able control surface slots in wings... Is that on certain wing types only? I didn't find it, even though it would be really awesome. :)

Also, a thing I noticed when trying to work with swept wings is that unlike wings, control surfaces cannot be made asymmetrical (by dragging the tip in 2 dimensions). Instead I can only adjust their length. I think it would be a cool feature to enable that, unless there is real good reason for it to be disabled.

So sad this mod doesn't work at all in .25 =(. Or did the R/T/G keys get changed? I see no way to edit the wings. Oh well, back to 1000+ part spaceplanes with strutted together wing parts =(

So sad this mod doesn't work at all in .25 =(. Or did the R/T/G keys get changed? I see no way to edit the wings. Oh well, back to 1000+ part spaceplanes with strutted together wing parts =(

Works fine in 0.25; use the updated DLL from this post http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29862-0-25-Procedural-Dynamics-Procedural-Wing-0-9-1?p=1492738

Hey guys, I have a strange problem no one else seems to be having.

I put the ProcuralDynamics folder in my GameData like the instructions said, but the game stops loading when it gets to a certain part (one of the control surfaces) The hing is it doesn't crash; I go to my task manager and it says its still running, but it just won't get past that specific part!

I tried putting the part itself in the original parts folder, but that just deleted every other part in the game.

Any idea how to fix this? I am running a metric ton of mods but none that would conflict I think.

Hey guys, I have a strange problem no one else seems to be having.

I put the ProcuralDynamics folder in my GameData like the instructions said, but the game stops loading when it gets to a certain part (one of the control surfaces) The hing is it doesn't crash; I go to my task manager and it says its still running, but it just won't get past that specific part!

I'm having the same problem as bidl0.

Fix for that is on page 92.

It seems, for me at least, PWings does not work with NEAR. The game will load properly, but any attempt to place wings on an aircraft results in not only PWings not attaching themselves, but I cannot attach any wings after attempting to attach PWings. I also cannot exit the editor without clicking "New" first. Went through all my mods one by one, and this is what I discovered. I am also using the fixed .dll. Mod list: PWing, Toolbar, ATM, BahaSP, BD Armory, Editor Extensions, Select Root, Infernal Robotics, MechJeb, NEAR, B9 Aerospace, Lazor, Spanner's Boomsticks. Went through each mod one by one, no problems with other mods.

I am having a bug in 0.25 where when I go to place a PWing on any part it doesn't place and it breaks that part meaning that I can't delete it or interact with any of the menus, it also breaks the attachment nodes on that part.

I tried the .DLL on page 97 but that didn't fix it. does anyone have a solution

the same problem as HotSandwich apart from I am using FAR

Edited by SPANNERTEHCAT

Got the same problem just now. Tried to use NEAR instead of FAR - can't place Pwings anywhere, if I try to place any wing after I attempted Pwings - framerate drops and game may crash, then SPH buttons lock and I can only end KSP.exe task. I tried .dll on page 92 - the result is the same, but I don't get framerate drop. Version is windows 32-bit, NEAR, FAR and Pwings are latest.

Also had a problem like bidl0 once, but it went away.

The problem also persists in clean reinstall of 0.25 with just NEAR and Pwings, and nothing else.

Edited by Corovaneer
clean reinstall

Same problem here, can't attach any procedural wing. When I click on the craft, the wing blinks but doesn't attach (it stays selected). Also, if I drop the wing (not attached to the craft), clicking again on it will instead select another part (which detaches it from the craft). I play with NEAR (and other mods that are probably not relevant to the issue). Nothing is logged when the wing doesn't attach.

Chiming in with a similar problem, B9 & SP+ PWings (not tested others) will not attach, although the logs indicate that something is adding the number of parts for the craft, and the wing stays detached and floats with the cursor. I also see NullReferenceExceptions in the debug logs. Win7x64, KSPx32, 16GB ram, KSP process running at about 2.5Gb, Mods are:

B9

Editor Extensions

KSPX

MechJeb

NEAR

P-Wing

KAC

Edited by Vicomt

Got the same problem just now. Tried to use NEAR instead of FAR - can't place Pwings anywhere, if I try to place any wing after I attempted Pwings - framerate drops and game may crash, then SPH buttons lock and I can only end KSP.exe task. I tried .dll on page 92 - the result is the same, but I don't get framerate drop. Version is windows 32-bit, NEAR, FAR and Pwings are latest.

Also had a problem like bidl0 once, but it went away.

The problem also persists in clean reinstall of 0.25 with just NEAR and Pwings, and nothing else.

Yep, I have this exact problem as well, I ended up having to force close despite the fact that the game wasn't frozen because I couldn't exit the SPH.