[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

There seems to be a major bug with that 0.90 dll and I'm not sure how to describe it. It might have to do with trying to attach to offset parts.

I set a wing, size it, etc. Then I set another wing near by, size it, then try and pick it up and attach it again on the other wing that's offset, and all parts become unresponsive and I have to reload it.

Or.. yeah just in general you can't remove a wing from some place then reattach it to another wing, at least not an offset one.

I had the same issue with the .90 user hotfix.

The main thing holding BD Armory back at this time, as you well know, is that BD is off on vacation.

Yep and I hope he has a wonderful vacation and holiday. I always hate when companies push out a new update before the holidays.... it never seems to go well.

MattHP85, that's very kind of you to do, but I'm sorry to say the terms of the license in the OP don't allow derivative works. Also, the Addon Posting rules forbid posting links to DLLs only; all links must be to archives that have the license along with the assets/dlls, and, if a dll, either include the source or link to the source. For those reasons I had to pull the link.

That said, as DYJ has deputized me to update this stuff I'm interested to hear what you changed if any, and would be happy to give you full credit for the changes. :]

Sorry Nathan, I'd seen a single DLL on here somewhere before so didn't realise it wasn't allowed, don't mean to break the rules! The fix was actually really easy and is already described in this link. I just downloaded the project, loaded it into Visual Studio, fixed the reference errors to the unity and C-Sharp DLLs, applied the single line fix and re-built - so only a temporary fix and no credit necessary :D

Can the fix be released in some form then?

The offset and being able to do more fine rotations is a huge plus with procedural wings.

I do really wish that when you add one wing to another, you aren't forced to have the same exact "root" size, too.

Right & left click should work.

I honestly think this and BDarmory are the only two mods that have not updated to .90 yet. I am sure I can figure out what is holding BDarmory back and hotfix it myself that isn't to hard but the Pwings, that is MAJOR for me.

Anyway working on something in .25 that I want to finish first.

Procedural Parts, Interstellar, B9, Ship Manifest, and TAC Life Support all have yet to be updated, so this PWings definitely isn't the last.

Procedural Parts, Interstellar, B9, Ship Manifest, and TAC Life Support all have yet to be updated, so this PWings definitely isn't the last.

I meant the only ones for me. I can get by without a few of the others. But Pwings is one I cannot do without.

TAC Life Support and B9 don't need an update - as long as you have an updated Firespitter and you don't overwrite it with the one that B9 ships with. TACLS seems to work as-is, at least for me (Win32 OpenGL)

MattHP85: Ah, you're quite right--in retrospect I was totally guilty of that myself. :D

I kept meaning to put it in the OP's archive and never did. I'll follow your instructions, get the source uploaded, and put it in the OP with credit to you and ckfinite. :)

so... we need a new button for Root ®

how about Base (B)

makeing it

Top(t)

Grab(G)

Base(B)

all in a nice neat row down the keyboard and an easy button to remember.

T would conflict with Editor Extensions, which is also a popular mod.

First Thing tomorrow !!! NOW !!! :D

More seriously, I was thinking of something for the next version:

When you add a wing on the tip of another wing, it auto center and auto root-size. I was just wondering if this feature could be togglable. I can't remember in wich circumstance I thought about it correctly, I think I had two wings and I wanted the tip wing root to go over both or something like that. Just an idea, I don't know how easy it would be to implement. In my head it sounds easy since it's probalby a feature that you made in your mod because it was damn annoying to have these wing never aligned perfectly, having to replace everything each time you scale it.

Thank you for the great mod ! Since B9 is kinda stuck with his dependancies update and that squad included a few more spaceplane parts, you're mod is going to be the final touch to my Ssto aimed carreer. I never found any thought of how it was interacting with FAR though. I know it's working to have used both on .25, but I'm not sure if it's working because FAR ignores it or if because all the things that needed to be setted up to make it work nicely were. It's beyond my comprehension, but is there a modular FAR module with MAC and everything in the wings... or it's just jumping over it ?

I'm thrilled to see this mod usable again. (jumping for joy would be an accurate description) as I can now build my jump jet sea plane, that I'm hopeing will be space worthy. I thank you for your hard work from the bottom of my heart and wish you a merry xmas.

I'm experiencing some weird issues with the procedural wing control surface. It seems to snap to the innermost section of the wing, and I cant move it anywhere else. I have already checked for conflicting versions of KSPAPIextensions, but all entities of it are up to date. Any help?

EDIT: It seems that any parts placed on a pwing will have snapping issues.

Edited by PolarizedBear

I'm excited that this mod has been officially updated to .90. however I'm seeing a small issue on my Ubuntu KSP install. The issue seems to revolve around the procedural control surfaces. They (the control surfaces) seem to work fine when they're attached without angle snap enabled, however with angle snap enabled placing the surfaces breaks the editor. When the editor breaks you can no longer place or edit parts/crafts. Often times it locks up the game and requires a restart of KSP (though not always). I've also experienced similar issues when attaching control surfaces to procedural wing structures that utilize more than one Proc Wing part(ie tail structures). This issue does not seem to effect KSP on Windows. I'm testing on a clean install of .90 with only Procedural Wings installed. If log files are needed, please tell me which ones you need and I can post them.

Debug Console throws the following exception when attempting to place control surfaces with angle snap enabled:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edited by nebuchadnezzar