[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

Months, really?

I had no reason to complain about it before 0.90.0.

For me 0.90 NEAR+PWings just reproduces the same error that I got in 0.25 NEAR+PW - that is, I can't attach Pwings, and if I try at least once it breaks editor, so you can only Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game. Apparently it was not the case in 0.25 FAR+PW, but (according to posts above, I did not test it) it is now.

For me 0.90 NEAR+PWings just reproduces the same error that I got in 0.25 NEAR+PW - that is, I can't attach Pwings, and if I try at least once it breaks editor, so you can only Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game. Apparently it was not the case in 0.25 FAR+PW, but (according to posts above, I did not test it) it is now.

I run FAR with PW, and it is giving me pretty much the same problem.

Sorry if this has already been answered here but when I build planes with this mod it shakes/oscillates uncontrollably as soon as I turn. I'm not using FAR/NEAR.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a CoM v CoL issue. Not sure how the non-FAR model works so can't give you an answer there.

What would you do if I had FAR? Had exactly the same issue with FAR. I thought it was FAR doing crazy things so I just removed it, but the problem persists.

EDIT: Found the problem. If i disabled roll on the back wings the problem immediately went away. Strange.

Edited by LaDouche

What would you do if I had FAR? Had exactly the same issue with FAR. I thought it was FAR doing crazy things so I just removed it, but the problem persists.

Check links in my signature. FAR graph will provide you with good info if you know how to read it. That is reason why it is actualy easier to bulid planes with FAR. You may even consider that graph as result from wind tunel testing :).

It is hard to tell without more info, but most probably your pitching moment (yelow line on FAR graph is too steep). Meaning you pitch too much from neutral pitching moment, and other pitching forces push your nose to neutral pitching moment area fast. If you excess neutral pitching moment, forces switch direction to push nose in oposite direction again.

So, your plane oscilate around neutral pitching moment until it stabilize itself, if it is able to do so, anyway.

To help yourself with that effect, you should tune controling surfaces, wings, etc. in way that you are not able to push plane too much in steep AoA area where pitching moment will draw you back.

When you do it properly, you can keep pressing "S" key all time and your prograde vector will folow your nose without overpitching, so your plane will never get in dangerous AoA area where wings will going to stall and other bad things happen.

Also, avoid using SAS in atmosphere, it behave worst compared with last few KSP builds, some people already work on fix for that.

Hi all, this patch fixed the problems with NEAR and PWings for me, https://bitbucket.org/Damnyoujapan/dyjlibrary/pull-request/2/fixed-incompatability-with-current-version/diff, I dint make much test but I can't see any problem in editor or while loading a saved ship.

Salud.

Great! Thanks! I don't know how much of NEAR & FAR is related but I use FAR ... I'll test it and see what happens.

Hi all, this patch fixed the problems with NEAR and PWings for me, https://bitbucket.org/Damnyoujapan/dyjlibrary/pull-request/2/fixed-incompatability-with-current-version/diff, I dint make much test but I can't see any problem in editor or while loading a saved ship.

Salud.

How do you apply those changes? Where do I put it and how?

You have to apply the patch to the code and then recompile the plugin.

Seems like NathanKell already apply that patch, look here: https://github.com/NathanKell/ProceduralWings/compare/v0.9.2...master So we just need to wait for 0.9.3 I guess :)

Just to clarify NathanKell, patch for NEAR is not mine, I just notice it and make a try applying it for personal use.

Salud.

Seems like NathanKell already apply that patch, look here: https://github.com/NathanKell/ProceduralWings/compare/v0.9.2...master So we just need to wait for 0.9.3 I guess :)

Just to clarify NathanKell, patch for NEAR is not mine, I just notice it and make a try applying it for personal use.

Salud.

Tried the master file there on Github and still getting a string of nullref errors still.

Then just wait for someone else to do it. Compiling is a bit complicated if you've never done it before.

That was my plan... one day I will learn how to do that. How hard can it be, I can rebuild a VG30DETT from the ground up, and the transmission attached to it and build a 500hp car. What is a few lines of code.

One note on this plugin, there was some issue that all PWings will detach just when physics starts which can only be solved by going back to SPH/VAB and launch them again. I don't remember if this issue has been reported before, nor do i know if it's fixed in the latest version yet. :blush: If it's not, I can still live with it though.

Edited by HoneyFox

That was my plan... one day I will learn how to do that. How hard can it be, I can rebuild a VG30DETT from the ground up, and the transmission attached to it and build a 500hp car. What is a few lines of code.

A completely different discipline from building an engine? :P

But good luck nonetheless.