[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

• 2 weeks later...
When I try to make the wings bigger with G, i can only make it slightly bigger every time. I have to drag my mouse across it like 20 times before i get it to the size I want. Anyone know how to fix this?
You need to update the mod because this happened to me and i just deleted the mod and re-downloaded it. Pretty sure thats all it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't get these to work. They don't attach to anything in my game. They stay green and stay stuck on the mouse. Worst they make lose right mouse button control. When that happens your design is screwed since it blocks all the menu functions and parts selection. Sometimes they get stuck in ghost form near another part and cannot be removed without removing the part. I hate what it does to the mouse controls and the way it can screw up parts it comes near. The mod is either too buggy or not playing nice with other mods. This is rather curious behavior that I am seeing. No idea what to do but bin this mod out of the game for now.

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.3.2

Chatterer - 0.8.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Contract Configurator - 0.6.6

CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.5

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.3.4

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.2

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0 - 1.0.15.2

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 5.1

S.A.V.E - 0.9.17.387

Pilot Assistant - 1.3.1

RCS Build Aid - 0.6.1

RealChute - 1.2.6.3

Regolith - 0.1.7

SCANsat - 1.1

StageRecovery - 1.5.3

TAC Life Support - 0.10.2.15

Trajectories - 1.1.3

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.2.3

Transfer Window Planner - 1.2.3

Sounding Rockets - 0.1.1

Universal Storage - 1.0.90.2

Waypoint Manager - 2.1.4

WernherChecker - 0.3.4

Wider Contracts App - 1.0.1

Edited by nobodyhasthis

hello

EDIT: partially solved the problem,the cause was angle snap , now it works but the control surfaces do not align in the horizontal plane with trailing edges of wings.

could someone help me with a problem , i installed procedural wings recently and i cannot correctly attach control surfaces to procedural wings from the beginning

the control surface attaches as it would think that the procedural wing is still original size and position (unchanged via G key)

i am playing career custom mode , unlocked all science nodes

my setup: i3 4130 , HD7970, 8GB ram

win 8.1 x64

KSP 0.90 32 bit

mods:

procedural wings 0.93

scansat v10

quickscroll 1.10

kerbal engineer 1.0.15.2

karbonite 0.5.5

kerbal alarm clock 3.2.3.0

ferram aerospace research 0.14.6 ( i have tried without this mod,same problem)

kas 0.4.10

Edited by qdeqde

• 2 weeks later...
I just can't get these to work. They don't attach to anything in my game. They stay green and stay stuck on the mouse. Worst they make lose right mouse button control. When that happens your design is screwed since it blocks all the menu functions and parts selection. Sometimes they get stuck in ghost form near another part and cannot be removed without removing the part. I hate what it does to the mouse controls and the way it can screw up parts it comes near. The mod is either too buggy or not playing nice with other mods. This is rather curious behavior that I am seeing. No idea what to do but bin this mod out of the game for now.

I have the same problem,

mod start working only after the installation of FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research).

Same problem with "B9 procedural parts".

For me mod dont work without FAR.

Need advise.

Edited by Wuwuk

Hey guys if you could help me out I would be really appreciative. I think this is a simple solution but I guess they usually are in hind-sight.

I have added the procedural dynamics to my game data and tried a few different places but the parts don't appear in my available parts in the builders. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys if you could help me out I would be really appreciative. I think this is a simple solution but I guess they usually are in hind-sight.

I have added the procedural dynamics to my game data and tried a few different places but the parts don't appear in my available parts in the builders. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Try what:

Install:

pWings work via the GameData folder, so drop the ProceduralDynamics folder in there.

Quick question--what can I do for the aesthetics of control surfaces? On stock wings, at least B9 which is what I use most often, the control surfaces are aligned with the tip angle of the wing. In procedural wings, the tip always points 90 degrees from the fuselage of the craft, which I'm sure works better for FAR/NEAR, but makes control surfaces jut out at weird angles. Any suggestions/tips on how to "mesh" parts better? Thanks much ^_^

Anyone run into problems where procedural wings won't attach if using symmetry? I want to play, but I can't when my preferred wings won't connect to my plane. The CoG and CoL go all wonky, and I end up having to close my game when the game won't let me pick up another piece. It initially was a problem with the B9 wing extension: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104966-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Procedural-Parts-0-33-Updated-07-02-15 , as I use them primarily (great interface), but then spread to the other Procedural Wings.

Any help?

Before I forget, Mods:

YBdUD67.jpg

Happens to almost anything I connect to my main piece using symmetry.

Edited by Mekan1k

Any guidance about how to make humongous wings, without getting a "flappy bird" effect, I mean, I built a huge aircraft with huge procedural wings, I've properly reinforced with struts but when the aircraft loads the wings still flap, is there any "rule of thumb" for making huge wings?

If you are using FAR, reduce wing mass size. You will most likely not need strength coeff of 1 nayway.

If you are using tweakscale mod, try to make large wings without it. There was bug with tweakscale in past that might cause issue even in latest version. Just guessing here, haven't tried latest versions of tweakscale.

If you are using FAR, reduce wing mass size. You will most likely not need strength coeff of 1 nayway.

If you are using tweakscale mod, try to make large wings without it. There was bug with tweakscale in past that might cause issue even in latest version. Just guessing here, haven't tried latest versions of tweakscale.

Yes, reducing weight actually works, the thing that surprise me is how easy you can create wings with weights that they can't hold, I don't know if is a Tweak Scale related problem, but it's my opinion, not a complaint.

• 2 weeks later...
Just letting you guys know I'm less busy IRL and coming back to update this!

DYJ: I wanted to ask do you know if procedural dynamics doesn't play well with the b9 procedural wings? I have both installed and any craft I made in .25 with procedural dynamics is working just fine in .90 but I can't edit the wing surfaces. This worked in .25 as I recall I had both B9 procedural parts and procedural dynamics installed then too. But now I can't alter there shape in .90

Thanks for procedural wings by the way.

DYJ: I wanted to ask do you know if procedural dynamics doesn't play well with the b9 procedural wings? I have both installed and any craft I made in .25 with procedural dynamics is working just fine in .90 but I can't edit the wing surfaces. This worked in .25 as I recall I had both B9 procedural parts and procedural dynamics installed then too. But now I can't alter there shape in .90

Thanks for procedural wings by the way.

They work together I have both. There was a weird bug in B9 procedural that was unrelated to Pwings. There was a fix posted by crzydm that works.

They work together I have both. There was a weird bug in B9 procedural that was unrelated to Pwings. There was a fix posted by crzydm that works.

Guess that answers it, time to start up a new install and recheck my mod list one mod at a time. at least this mod is worth it. Or wait for the mad rush of updates after 1.0

Very surprised Squad didn't make something like this stock by 1.0, especially with the new stock fairings. I was really hoping for that. Oh well. Patiently waiting for the update to this mod!

Very surprised Squad didn't make something like this stock by 1.0, especially with the new stock fairings. I was really hoping for that. Oh well. Patiently waiting for the update to this mod!

Yeah i kind of figured that too. Seems like a logical transition. Even if the stock wings were a lower tech, and then a procedural wing at the higher tech level.

is this mod working with 1.0? I'll have to give it a try...