[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

Time to download some bigger fuselages by the sound of it. A simple trick around both of your problems would be just to put on more than one pWing next to each other and blend them together.

lol true, but for what I am going for it wouldn't fit. And I have done what you suggested before.....it's just on some design's a one-piece design instead of overlapping ones would be more aesthetic....and by the way TT ,you have made some great mods. :)

I had another idea for you guys to mull over. I don't think it would take much, but a pWing style control surface. Not an aileron/flap (although that would be pretty cool), but something like a horizontal tail plain where the whole part pivots, like in most fighter jets. As I said, just a thought.

BTW again, awesome mod. Thanks.

Awesome but when i have center of lift active and i'm moving the wing it shows it in one position, but when i click and put the wing in place the center of lift moves backwards quite a bit :/ is this a bug or have i done something wrong?

Awesome but when i have center of lift active and i'm moving the wing it shows it in one position, but when i click and put the wing in place the center of lift moves backwards quite a bit :/ is this a bug or have i done something wrong?

Had the same issue ...

I have found one problem.

I'm trying to make custom wing shapes with this.

If I make a sharp angular wing so that the tip of which can be the base of a new wing, and attach a new Proc wing to it I can mod all its usual attributes except it won't let me change the root size of the second wing, is there anyway you can change this to allow the construction of custom wing shapes involving more than one prc wing?

Everything else works fine to allow it just cant change the root size of the second attached proc wing.

You can do it with Auto snap disabled but the the behaviour of auto snap needs to be altered for P-wing on p-wing so it matches the root of the second to the tip of the first.

Also it would be great to be able to add curvature horizontal and vertical.

Edited by Hawkstorm

I have found one problem.

I'm trying to make custom wing shapes with this.

If I make a sharp angular wing so that the tip of which can be the base of a new wing, and attach a new Proc wing to it I can mod all its usual attributes except it won't let me change the root size of the second wing, is there anyway you can change this to allow the construction of custom wing shapes involving more than one prc wing?

Everything else works fine to allow it just cant change the root size of the second attached proc wing.

You can do it with Auto snap disabled but the the behaviour of auto snap needs to be altered for P-wing on p-wing so it matches the root of the second to the tip of the first.

Also it would be great to be able to add curvature horizontal and vertical.

in the OP.

Autosnapping can be disabled by holding down the right mousebutton as the part is attached.

As I stated in my post you can try to use auto snap disabled but it doesn't work well.

The joints between the two don't end up matching and the behaviour of auto snap needs changing so the second P-Wings root matches the Tip of the P wing its attaching too, so you get seamless joints.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Me too, and I've found that the CoL once placed is actually incorrect. It seems that the CoL before you snap the wings on is the correct one. This caused me some frustration. I'm also unsure if the lift rating is being scaled properly, I've got a jet that's having problems maintaining altitude above 5km, it just wants to slowly nose over.

As I stated in my post you can try to use auto snap disabled but it doesn't work well.

The joints between the two don't end up matching and the behaviour of auto snap needs changing so the second P-Wings root matches the Tip of the P wing its attaching too, so you get seamless joints.

ah right sorry, I missed that part somehow. Though I don't understand your meaning still. You either want a pWing that matches root to tip of the parent wing or you don't. I can't see why initially snapping and then being changable or not is a problem. Remember if it did autosnap, adding upright tails and similar things wouldn't really be possible, so making it do that isn't a good idea.

Me too, and I've found that the CoL once placed is actually incorrect. It seems that the CoL before you snap the wings on is the correct one. This caused me some frustration. I'm also unsure if the lift rating is being scaled properly, I've got a jet that's having problems maintaining altitude above 5km, it just wants to slowly nose over.

I've often encountered a bug with all wings (more often p-wings but maybe just because I use them more) where wings placed in certain places on the craft either don't work, or work asymmetrically (the most comical was a plane that would lift up and wheel along on two of its three wheels as if someone was carrying it by one wingtip indefinitely).

It definitely works for me even without FAR, but I might have accidentally fixed it at some point in the indev version. Guess I can upload that.

Rough interstage fairing thing:

9mzWuOE.png

Can you give exact directions on how to install it.. I have never installed a mod before..... :blush:

Basically, do you go to Parts:Aero: and drop in the parts, then repeat with Plugins, or do you drop the entire folder into one specific area?

I tried the way I mentioned and it only works for the one special wing it added.

Also, have you uploaded this to Kerbalspaceport.com?

Is the amount of lift produced by the wing alterable through the .cfg, and if so, which values control that? I see deflectionliftcoeff in there but will that only affect the part "off the shelf" or does it act as a multiplier in determining the overall wing lift? As has been said before, the (in all other aspects infinitely superior) pwings produce far less lift than similarly sized stock wings and I'd like to scale it up a bit so they are more comparable.

ALL Parts should be procedural.

Fuel tanks the lot, you want it round, cubed, what colour or texture do you want on it, you want a bigger decoupler just drag n autosnap to size.

It should also allow for custom geometry parts too so to support models made by others in other applications.

The entire editor should be reworked to do this it solves a great many number of problems, far fewer parts and better looking designs easier for the user to use and very powerful.

Frankly the editor is by far the worst element of this game and needs this kind of improvement.

And this is where that should be heading I think.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Wow! Looks like both DYJ and e-dog are working on procedural interstage fairings/decouplers. That may seems a bit waste of effort for one of you if the other guy publishes a perfect version earlier...

I guess it would be better if you two can work on different types of objects so we can have more types of procedural parts.

Is anyone working on procedural fuel tanks yet? A simple set of 1m and 2.5m tanks would make this game a lot more interesting. 1m and 2.5m jet fuel and jet fuselages would be interesting as well.